Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Other > Motorcycle.Com Lounge

Old 01-20-2010, 01:40 PM   #11
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by pushrod View Post
I just sent a message to my Senator (R-FL) saying that before the GOP 'celebrates' the victory too hard, they'd better consider that a lot of the electorate is unhappy with the system; as 12er termed: "Both Parties Suck!"

They should think about how many GOP candidates might get sacked in the 2010 elections, because everybody is p.o.'d.

The 'throw the bastards out' movement is gaining traction, methinks...

And, is it my connection, or is the site having some 'issues'?

The whole thing that makes me laugh is that it was Bush that was the problem with EVERYTHING according to the Liberal dullards that voted for 'Hope and Change'. Everything was going to be great with the clown that is in office now. Hear anyone praising 'The Messiah' now? Even Ken is silent, and he is a fanboy deluxe. Obamalama is going to make you wish Bush stayed in for 8 more years if he gets his way with health care and cap & trade. Just watch. Jimmy Carter II may end up to be the most miserable Prez in history. He has a real good shot at it.

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 01-20-2010, 02:04 PM   #12
schizuki
Founding Member

Obama said, "People are angry, they are frustrated. Not just because of what's happened in the last year or two years, but what's happened over the last eight years."

So to register their anger at George Bush's policies, they... elected a pro-waterboarding Republican to Ted Kennedy's seat?

I mean, Obama milks the blame-Bush thing for all it's worth, but... really? This is just inane.

Scott Brown's victory was a repudiation of the Dems. Period.

Bill Clinton and Chuck Schumer are praising the Supreme Court for overturning an anti-gay-marriage law that they both signed.
schizuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 02:24 PM   #13
seruzawa
The Toad

Quote:
Originally Posted by schizuki View Post
Obama said, "People are angry, they are frustrated. Not just because of what's happened in the last year or two years, but what's happened over the last eight years."

So to register their anger at George Bush's policies, they... elected a pro-waterboarding Republican to Ted Kennedy's seat?

I mean, Obama milks the blame-Bush thing for all it's worth, but... really? This is just inane.

Scott Brown's victory was a repudiation of the Dems. Period.
Bush was a lousy president but the lefty obsession with him is a serious mental illness. He isn't even close to being the worst President of my lifetime (LBJ) vs the worst ever. But he's the bogeyman, the devil, the source of all the evil in the world. I guess the mental processes that result in the need to anoint a Messiah includes the need to anoint a Lucifer. To equate Bush with Hitler or Stalin (common on the left) shows a pathetic lack of ability to comprehend simple reality.
Old 01-20-2010, 02:43 PM   #14
Buzglyd
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by seruzawa View Post
Bush was a lousy president but the lefty obsession with him is a serious mental illness. He isn't even close to being the worst President of my lifetime (LBJ) vs the worst ever. But he's the bogeyman, the devil, the source of all the evil in the world. I guess the mental processes that result in the need to anoint a Messiah includes the need to anoint a Lucifer. To equate Bush with Hitler or Stalin (common on the left) shows a pathetic lack of ability to comprehend simple reality.
Well don't forget his father was the head of the CIA (the source of all lib hatred) and he flew in an SR71 Blackbird to Iran to get them to retain the hostages so Jimmy Carter would lose the election.

They'll tell you with a straight face.
Buzglyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 02:59 PM   #15
schizuki
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by seruzawa View Post
I guess the mental processes that result in the need to anoint a Messiah includes the need to anoint a Lucifer.
That's because liberals, who see themselves as so sophisticated and nuanced, are in fact as crudely Manichean as any religious fundamentalist.

Bill Clinton and Chuck Schumer are praising the Supreme Court for overturning an anti-gay-marriage law that they both signed.
Old 01-20-2010, 03:46 PM   #16
12er
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by longride View Post
So 'Hope and change' is pretty much out for you 12er?? :snicker
I never bought into it in the first place. I knew I didnt want bush / clinton / bush / clinton again. Also knew I didnt want '08 McCain / Palin. Being that McCain turned into an unidentifiable Rovian Stooge during the campaign counter to his 30 plus years of service. Back in christmas 07 I told my brothers right wing GF I was going to vote for "Change" good or bad as I didnt see anything but status quo from the rest of the gang. I also knew that "Change" didnt mean much when Congress is reletively "unchanged." Same bunch of bumbling fools that have been in there for decades. Same he said she said party politics, same greased palms, same dismal approval rating.

Still the borg like collective thinking of the Right scares me more than the stupidity of the left. Even the most stupid comes up with a bright idea now and then, but if your not thinking at all you have no chance.
12er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 06:45 PM   #17
schizuki
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12er View Post
Still the borg like collective thinking of the Right scares me more than the stupidity of the left.
The Right is composed of a loose alliance of fiscal conservatives and social conservatives, religious fundamentalists and libertarians who are frequently at odds. The debates are rather vigorous. Hardly collective.

As for not thinking - I'll put Charles Krauthammer and Mark Steyn against any lazy liberal pundit anyday.

Old 01-21-2010, 04:29 AM   #18
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

"I never bought into it in the first place."

You purchased enough of it to vote for him. I think you also bought into the 'Evil Bush' propaganda lock, stock, and barrel.

"Being that McCain turned into an unidentifiable Rovian Stooge during the campaign counter to his 30 plus years of service."

So being an Axelrod stooge is better to counter 2 years of service? Hardly. Rove is another liberal fall guy because of what? I betyou can't even tell me other than he is 'evil'.

"Even the most stupid comes up with a bright idea now and then, but if your not thinking at all you have no chance."

Really? Which 'bright idea' have they come up with in the last 40 years? Abortion?

Last edited by longride : 01-21-2010 at 04:36 AM.
longride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 05:18 AM   #19
seruzawa
The Toad

Quote:
Originally Posted by schizuki View Post
That's because liberals, who see themselves as so sophisticated and nuanced, are in fact as crudely Manichean as any religious fundamentalist.
How true. Each one has exactly the same opinion as the next... identical in all aspects. Ever listen to a group of them around a campfire when they think it's safe to speak their minds? Total lockstep agreement. That's why the myriad of non-liberal groups in the US are all lumped in as "right wingers" by these idiots. Their simple minds can't think beyond "four legs good, two legs bad".

"Liberal" is an inaccurate name for them though. There is nothing "liberal" about them.
Old 01-21-2010, 07:30 AM   #20
The_AirHawk
Founding Member

However, I DO believe that Peggy Noonan has hit the Nail on the Head with this paragraph:

Quote:
Which gets us to the Republicans. The question isn't whether they'll win seats in the House and Senate this year, and the question isn't even how many. The question is whether the party will be worthy of victory, whether it learned from its losses in 2006 and '08, whether it deserves leadership. Whether Republicans are a worthy alternative. Whether, in short, they are serious.
Peggy Noonan: The Risk of Catastrophic Victory - WSJ.com
Let them hate so long as they fear
политики предпочитают безоружных крестьян
Politicians Prefer Unarmed Peasants
Nothing to see here, Citizen. Move along now...
The_AirHawk is offline   Reply With Quote