Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Other > Motorcycle.Com Lounge

Old 01-17-2010, 06:49 AM   #1
Buzglyd
Founding Member

Default How'd the guy get convicted if there weren't any

Iraq was a peaceful, beautiful place under Saddam.

This has to be wrong.

Iraq's 'Chemical Ali' gets 4th death sentence - Yahoo! News
Buzglyd is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 01-17-2010, 09:42 AM   #2
The_AirHawk
Founding Member

'Cuz the Iraqis are in on Bush's Lie, Yo! They HELPED him Illegally Invade the country without Congress and Pelosi's permission - the Right-Wing Bastitches!!!

We should go over there and depose Nouri al-Maliki and the rest, and set up a REAL Government with some tin-pot dictator-for-life to rule-over the people!

Things were so much better when Saddam was in power..........
Let them hate so long as they fear
политики предпочитают безоружных крестьян
Politicians Prefer Unarmed Peasants
Nothing to see here, Citizen. Move along now...

Last edited by The_AirHawk : 01-17-2010 at 09:47 AM.
The_AirHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2010, 10:19 AM   #3
Kenneth_Moore
Registered Member

Revisionism - there really were WMDs, everyone didn't wait for months to have them found without ever seeing the first one, Dubya didn't lie to the public and Congress to justify the invasion, we aren't still there spending billions a month, thousands of US soldiers and hundreds of thousands of Iraqis aren't dead.

It was all just a bad dream. Whew.
Old 01-17-2010, 11:28 AM   #4
The_AirHawk
Founding Member

Well, wake me the F up in time to Vote come '12!
Let them hate so long as they fear
политики предпочитают безоружных крестьян
Politicians Prefer Unarmed Peasants
Nothing to see here, Citizen. Move along now...
The_AirHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2010, 12:54 PM   #5
schizuki
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenneth_Moore View Post
Revisionism - Dubya didn't lie to the public and Congress to justify the invasion.
You're right, Ken, he didn't.

Clinton and Gore also were convinced that Saddam had WMD. So any person capable of basic logical thought can work it out that either:

A) Clinton and Gore also lied.

B) Bush was as mistaken as Clinton and Gore.

C) Clinton and Gore are dumb while Bush is an evil genius.

There is no D.

Bill Clinton and Chuck Schumer are praising the Supreme Court for overturning an anti-gay-marriage law that they both signed.
schizuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2010, 01:35 PM   #6
seruzawa
The Toad

Quote:
Originally Posted by schizuki View Post

Clinton and Gore also were convinced that Saddam had WMD. So any person capable of basic logical thought can work it out that either:

A) Clinton and Gore also lied.

B) Bush was as mistaken as Clinton and Gore.

C) Clinton and Gore are dumb while Bush is an evil genius.

There is no D.
The idea of a Democrat complaining about ANYONE ELSE IN THE WORLD being a liar is too delicious of an irony.
Old 01-17-2010, 06:43 PM   #7
Kenneth_Moore
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by schizuki View Post

Any person capable of basic communications skills (listening and reading in particular) works out that Clinton, Gore, and everybody else in the country was being fed a line of distorted intelligence by the Cheney/Bush administration. When you have the "Commander in Chief" ramming a lie like that down your throat for months in a post-911 context, it's pretty easy to see why they believed him. To paraphrase Otter: "They f'd up. They trusted them."
Old 01-17-2010, 07:42 PM   #8
pplassm
Founding Member

As an "on the scene" participant, I really kind of wonder what all the fuss is about these "WMDs".

I guess it all depends how you define them.

If you mean chemical weapons and their delivery systems, there was ample evidence of chems, labs, rockets, bombs, etc. It doesn't take a lot of research to find these.

If you mean bios, I heard there were a few places discovered that indicated something was going on. I guess not journalistically significant, though.

Nukes? Never heard of any of that found. However, I can think of a few reasons why their discovery might be hidden.

In any case, since their wasn't a gigantic stockpile of ready-to-fire long-range nuclear of biological ordnance, everybody knew Bush was wrong.

Right?

I think there's a lot of stuff we still don't know about Iraq. Those that know have no incentive to come clean.
Old 01-17-2010, 08:02 PM   #9
seruzawa
The Toad

Quote:
Originally Posted by pplassm View Post
As an "on the scene" participant, I really kind of wonder what all the fuss is about these "WMDs".

I guess it all depends how you define them.

If you mean chemical weapons and their delivery systems, there was ample evidence of chems, labs, rockets, bombs, etc. It doesn't take a lot of research to find these.

If you mean bios, I heard there were a few places discovered that indicated something was going on. I guess not journalistically significant, though.

Nukes? Never heard of any of that found. However, I can think of a few reasons why their discovery might be hidden.

In any case, since their wasn't a gigantic stockpile of ready-to-fire long-range nuclear of biological ordnance, everybody knew Bush was wrong.

Right?

I think there's a lot of stuff we still don't know about Iraq. Those that know have no incentive to come clean.
Why would anyone think Saddam had WMDs? The fact that he ACTUALLY USED THEM AGAINST HIS OWN PEOPLE apparently means nothing. Oh yeah and working overtime to convince the entire world that he had them is also unimportant.

Who cares? The WOT would have to go on for over 100 years to equal the corpses of US troops already piled up by Democrat Presidents.
Old 01-17-2010, 08:18 PM   #10
Buzglyd
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenneth_Moore View Post
Any person capable of basic communications skills (listening and reading in particular) works out that Clinton, Gore, and everybody else in the country was being fed a line of distorted intelligence by the Cheney/Bush administration. When you have the "Commander in Chief" ramming a lie like that down your throat for months in a post-911 context, it's pretty easy to see why they believed him. To paraphrase Otter: "They f'd up. They trusted them."
Um Kenneth? You do know that Clinton was prez before Bush,right? Was W lying to Bubba during Bubba's term. You confuse me so.
Buzglyd is offline   Reply With Quote