Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Other > Motorcycle.Com Lounge

Old 01-18-2010, 09:37 AM   #21
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

"Revisionism - there really were WMDs, everyone didn't wait for months to have them found without ever seeing the first one,..."

More light reading for the terminally uninformed:

Halabja poison gas attack - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

No tears for them eh?

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 01-18-2010, 09:44 AM   #22
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

"Any person capable of basic communications skills (listening and reading in particular) works out that Clinton, Gore, and everybody else in the country was being fed a line of distorted intelligence by the Cheney/Bush administration."

So what you are saying in effect is that there are pleny of stupid Liberals that will pretty much fall for a big lie without doing any homework on their own? Are these the same morons believe that CO2 is causing the Earth to warm? Please tell me!
Old 01-18-2010, 10:22 AM   #23
12er
Founding Member

Of course there were WMD's, we sold them to him. He may have used them on his own people and Iran but we still sold them to him. Someone has to have the receipt laying around. All Bush needed for proof was to go to accounting, no "intelligence" needed.

Now was the bungling of the war Bush's Fault or is that the Democrats too? Or is it still going according to plan? (Well I know the Timeline is going according to the plan Bush signed, what was that line about timelines again?)
12er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 10:26 AM   #24
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

"Now was the bungling of the war Bush's Fault or is that the Democrats too?"

Are you speaking of the only war we won since WWII? You mean the 'bungling' of that one? I think the Dems are plenty busy bungling health care reform and bungling the 'Global Warm' err Climate Change fiasco.
Old 01-18-2010, 11:14 AM   #25
schizuki
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12er View Post
Of course there were WMD's, we sold them to him. He may have used them on his own people and Iran but we still sold them to him.
Are you being ironic? Because we never sold Iraq any WMD. The closest we came is when the CDC provided Iraq with pathogen samples that Iraq claimed it needed for medical research. That, of course, has been blown up by the Left into "We sold Saddam his WMDs!"

Article here.

Bill Clinton and Chuck Schumer are praising the Supreme Court for overturning an anti-gay-marriage law that they both signed.
schizuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 12:59 PM   #26
Kenneth_Moore
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by schizuki View Post
Are you being ironic? Because we never sold Iraq any WMD. The closest we came is when the CDC provided Iraq with pathogen samples that Iraq claimed it needed for medical research. That, of course, has been blown up by the Left into "We sold Saddam his WMDs!"

Article here.
You might want to find a source other than "Fair and Balanced" Fox News. The "inside joke" of the Bush/Cheney administration leading up to the invasion was: "We know they have WMD's, we have the receipts!"

November, 1983. Iraq, with the blessing and official approval of the US government, purchased computer controlled machine tools, computers, scientific instruments, special alloy steel and aluminum, chemicals, and other industrial goods for Iraq's missile, chemical, biological and nuclear weapons programs.

October, 1983. The Reagan Administration begins secretly allowing Jordan, Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, and Egypt to transfer United States weapons, including Howitzers, Huey helicopters, and bombs to Iraq. These shipments violated the Arms Export Control Act.

November 1983. George Schultz, the Secretary of State, is given intelligence reports showing that Iraqi troops are daily using chemical weapons against the Iranians.

December 20, 1983. Donald Rumsfeld , then a civilian and now Defense Secretary, meets with Saddam Hussein to assure him of US friendship and materials support.

July, 1984. CIA begins giving Iraq intelligence necessary to calibrate its mustard gas attacks on Iranian troops.

January 14, 1984. State Department memo acknowledges United States shipment of "dual-use" export hardware and technology. Dual use items are civilian items such as heavy trucks, armored ambulances and communications gear as well as industrial technology that can have a military application.

March, 1986. The United States with Great Britain block all Security Council resolutions condemning Iraq's use of chemical weapons, and on March 21 the US becomes the only country refusing to sign a Security Council statement condemning Iraq's use of these weapons.
Old 01-18-2010, 01:12 PM   #27
schizuki
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenneth_Moore View Post
You might want to find a source other than "Fair and Balanced" Fox News
And lazy-ass Ken whiffs again. Check out the byline - see the words "Associated Press"?

The link isn't Fox News - it's a Fox (not Fox News) affiliate that happened to have that wire service report on its local news page. Would you like me to find the exact same AP report on a more palatable web site?

You just keep stepping in it. You have to look first.

Bill Clinton and Chuck Schumer are praising the Supreme Court for overturning an anti-gay-marriage law that they both signed.
Old 01-18-2010, 01:25 PM   #28
schizuki
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenneth_Moore View Post
The "inside joke" of the Bush/Cheney administration leading up to the invasion was: "We know they have WMD's, we have the receipts!"
Source? Or did you overhear it at the meetings?

Quote:
November, 1983. Iraq, with the blessing and official approval of the US government, purchased computer controlled machine tools, computers, scientific instruments, special alloy steel and aluminum, chemicals, and other industrial goods for Iraq's missile, chemical, biological and nuclear weapons programs.
Right. Because their purchase request had "FOR USE IN MAKING CHEMICAL WEAPONS" all over it. Source?

Quote:
October, 1983. The Reagan Administration begins secretly allowing Jordan, Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, and Egypt to transfer United States weapons, including Howitzers, Huey helicopters, and bombs to Iraq. These shipments violated the Arms Export Control Act.
Because the Iraqis didn't have nearly enough Migs, Hinds, BMPs, T55s and T62s, AKs, RPGs and Saggers.

What surprises me, Ken, is that we didn't arm them heavily, seeing as how they were fighting the Iranians. You know, like we armed Stalin? I mean, a few helicopters and cannons? Lame. Also, you may not have noticed, but we're talking about chemical weapons. That was the claim I was disputing. So a few Hueys doesn't exactly give you a score. Especially when I'm thinking it's pretty low-ball for the enemy of your enemy.

Quote:
November 1983. George Schultz, the Secretary of State, is given intelligence reports showing that Iraqi troops are daily using chemical weapons against the Iranians.
My God, Schultz was informed of something? Nefarious! And to think he could have just watched CNN!

Quote:
December 20, 1983. Donald Rumsfeld , then a civilian and now Defense Secretary, meets with Saddam Hussein to assure him of US friendship and materials support.
See "enemy of my enemy" above. Did you also know we equipped the Mujahideen in Afghanistan against the Russians? It's true! Tell Kos!

Quote:
July, 1984. CIA begins giving Iraq intelligence necessary to calibrate its mustard gas attacks on Iranian troops.
Well, that would be regrettable. Source?

Quote:
January 14, 1984. State Department memo acknowledges United States shipment of "dual-use" export hardware and technology. Dual use items are civilian items such as heavy trucks, armored ambulances and communications gear as well as industrial technology that can have a military application.
Well, then, I guess Toyota fits your definition of "supplied chemical weapons to the Iraqis", what with all the white Toyota pick-up trucks they used. Or was it Nissan?

Quote:
March, 1986. The United States with Great Britain block all Security Council resolutions condemning Iraq's use of chemical weapons, and on March 21 the US becomes the only country refusing to sign a Security Council statement condemning Iraq's use of these weapons.
That would be regrettable, too. I'd like to know the background. Source?

Old 01-18-2010, 04:08 PM   #29
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

I'm thinking Ken reads lots and lots of Chomsky. I'd bet my bottom dollar on it.
Old 01-18-2010, 05:45 PM   #30
Kenneth_Moore
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by longride View Post
I'm thinking Ken reads lots and lots of Chomsky. I'd bet my bottom dollar on it.
Nope, but I'll start now. Thanks for the tip!