Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Other > Motorcycle.Com Lounge

Old 01-18-2010, 07:21 AM   #11
Dr_Sprocket
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzglyd View Post
Um Kenneth? You do know that Clinton was prez before Bush,right? Was W lying to Bubba during Bubba's term. You confuse me so.
Best post of the day! (and it's only 0920 EST) I thought I was the only one that picked up on that one.
Dr_Sprocket is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 01-18-2010, 08:13 AM   #12
schizuki
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenneth_Moore View Post
Any person capable of basic communications skills (listening and reading in particular) works out that Clinton, Gore, and everybody else in the country was being fed a line of distorted intelligence by the Cheney/Bush administration.
"If Saddam rejects peace and we have to use force, our purpose is clear. We want to seriously diminish the threat posed by Iraq's weapons of mass destruction program."
--President Bill Clinton, Feb. 17, 1998

"He will use those weapons of mass destruction again, as he has ten times since 1983."
--Sandy Berger, Clinton National Security Adviser, Feb, 18, 1998

"[W]e urge you, after consulting with Congress, and consistent with the U.S. Constitution and laws, to take necessary actions (including, if appropriate, air and missile strikes on suspect Iraqi sites) to respond effectively to the threat posed by Iraq's refusal to end its weapons of mass destruction programs."
Letter to President Clinton, signed by:
-- Democratic Senators Carl Levin, Tom Daschle, John Kerry, and others, Oct. 9, 1998

"Saddam Hussein has been engaged in the development of weapons of mass destruction technology which is a threat to countries in the region and he has made a mockery of the weapons inspection process."
-Rep. Nancy Pelosi (D, CA), Dec. 16, 1998

"There is no doubt that ... Saddam Hussein has reinvigorated his weapons programs. Reports indicate that biological, chemical and nuclear programs continue apace and may be back to pre-Gulf War status. In addition, Saddam continues to redefine delivery systems and is doubtless using the cover of a licit missile program to develop longer-range missiles that will threaten the United States and our allies."
Letter to President-Elect Bush, Signed by:
-- Sen. Bob Graham (D, FL), and others, Dec 5, 2001

What an evil genius Bush was! He "fed a line of distorted intelligence" to Democrats before he was even President!

You slay me, Ken!

Bill Clinton and Chuck Schumer are praising the Supreme Court for overturning an anti-gay-marriage law that they both signed.
schizuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 08:29 AM   #13
seruzawa
The Toad

Quote:
Originally Posted by schizuki View Post
"If Saddam rejects peace and we have to use force, our purpose is clear. We want to seriously diminish the threat posed by Iraq's weapons of mass destruction program."
--President Bill Clinton, Feb. 17, 1998

"He will use those weapons of mass destruction again, as he has ten times since 1983."
--Sandy Berger, Clinton National Security Adviser, Feb, 18, 1998

"[W]e urge you, after consulting with Congress, and consistent with the U.S. Constitution and laws, to take necessary actions (including, if appropriate, air and missile strikes on suspect Iraqi sites) to respond effectively to the threat posed by Iraq's refusal to end its weapons of mass destruction programs."
Letter to President Clinton, signed by:
-- Democratic Senators Carl Levin, Tom Daschle, John Kerry, and others, Oct. 9, 1998

"Saddam Hussein has been engaged in the development of weapons of mass destruction technology which is a threat to countries in the region and he has made a mockery of the weapons inspection process."
-Rep. Nancy Pelosi (D, CA), Dec. 16, 1998

"There is no doubt that ... Saddam Hussein has reinvigorated his weapons programs. Reports indicate that biological, chemical and nuclear programs continue apace and may be back to pre-Gulf War status. In addition, Saddam continues to redefine delivery systems and is doubtless using the cover of a licit missile program to develop longer-range missiles that will threaten the United States and our allies."
Letter to President-Elect Bush, Signed by:
-- Sen. Bob Graham (D, FL), and others, Dec 5, 2001

What an evil genius Bush was! He "fed a line of distorted intelligence" to Democrats before he was even President!

You slay me, Ken!
I can never figure out why people have to make up stuff in order to oppose a politician. I mean, there are plenty of real things that justify the opposition to Bush. No need to engage in invention of "facts".

I know a guy who complains frequently that "Bush skipped his NG meetings". I keep asking for the evidence noting that Dan Rather had lied and used phony documents to "prove" Bush's malfeasance. This guy just smirks and says "We all know he did". Whatever dude, have another joint.

We had 8 years of wild overspending, assaults on personal freedom, kowtowing to the FDA/Big Pharma fraud, massive defense contracting fraud, stupid foreign war, etc etc. No need to invent reasons to oppose the Bush Administration.
Old 01-18-2010, 08:30 AM   #14
Kenneth_Moore
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzglyd View Post
Um Kenneth? You do know that Clinton was prez before Bush,right? Was W lying to Bubba during Bubba's term. You confuse me so.
I was referring to Hillary Clinton; you may have heard of her. She voted for the invasion based on Dubya's claims.

Hope that clears it up for ya!
Old 01-18-2010, 08:36 AM   #15
schizuki
Founding Member

Quote:
I was referring to Hillary Clinton; you may have heard of her. She voted for the invasion based on Dubya's claims.

Hope that clears it up for ya!
Yet you were responding to my statement about Bill Clinton and Al Gore.

And despite my rather exhaustive list of Democrats who believed that Saddam had WMD pre-Bush, you still persist in saying "Dubya's claims."

Can you clear that up for me? Because it looks borderline squeegee-guy nuts from here.

Bill Clinton and Chuck Schumer are praising the Supreme Court for overturning an anti-gay-marriage law that they both signed.
Old 01-18-2010, 08:47 AM   #16
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

"Can you clear that up for me?"

You are expecting Ken to clear things up? WOW! Are YOU in for it!
Old 01-18-2010, 08:53 AM   #17
Kenneth_Moore
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by schizuki View Post

You slay me, Ken!
What should be slaying you is the fact that an irresponsible punk (Bush) chose to invade Iraq for no good reason at all. He had no reliable intelligence indicating there were WMDs, in fact, the UN weapons inspectors repeatedly told him there weren't any.

What should be slaying you is that the fool wanted to be a "Wartime President" and show his Daddy what a big man he was.

What should be slaying you is that Cheney and crew saw it as an opportunity to enrich himself and his cronies with defense contracts, which they did and continue to do, to the tune of billions of YOUR dollars.

What should be slaying you is that we spent trillions invading a country that was no threat to us at all, and killed hundreds of our troops needlessly.

It seems this all pretty funny stuff to you. Maybe you'd feel differently if your son, father, or friend had died or been maimed over there.
Old 01-18-2010, 09:09 AM   #18
schizuki
Founding Member

Quote:
What should be slaying you is the fact that an irresponsible punk (Bush) chose to invade Iraq for no good reason at all. He had no reliable intelligence indicating there were WMDs, in fact, the UN weapons inspectors repeatedly told him there weren't any.

What should be slaying you is that the fool wanted to be a "Wartime President" and show his Daddy what a big man he was.

What should be slaying you is that Cheney and crew saw it as an opportunity to enrich himself and his cronies with defense contracts, which they did and continue to do, to the tune of billions of YOUR dollars.

What should be slaying you is that we spent trillions invading a country that was no threat to us at all, and killed hundreds of our troops needlessly.

It seems this all pretty funny stuff to you. Maybe you'd feel differently if your son, father, or friend had died or been maimed over there.
Translation: "My complete booting of timelines and inability to parse out a basic "If A = B and B = C then A = C" logical proposition shall simply be ignored in favor of a loud, hopefully distracting screed, with a bonus 'high moral dudgeon' flourish."

Oh, and the "Maybe you'd feel differently if your son, father, or friend had died or been maimed over there"? You don't want to go there. Trust me.

Old 01-18-2010, 09:11 AM   #19
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

"What should be slaying you is the fact that an irresponsible punk (Bush) chose to invade Iraq for no good reason at all."

If you are going to make dumb statements, please include that he was a 'stupid, irresponsible punk', that way it adds credibility to an already ridiculous statement that has no bearing on reality. I've truly never seen anyone with a worse case of 'Liberalitis' in my entire life Ken. You fell for all the Liberal nonsense with Bush just like you fell for Global Warm.... err Climate Change. Just to get in one more slam, Bush didn't go to war, he proposed to go to war and it was voted on by Congress, which approved it. A basic civics class would help you immensely here. Try doing a little light reading for a change:

Iraq Resolution - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Last edited by longride : 01-18-2010 at 09:14 AM.
longride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 09:13 AM   #20
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

"It seems this all pretty funny stuff to you. Maybe you'd feel differently if your son, father, or friend had died or been maimed over there.

Should I feel the same about WWII, Korea, and Vietnam, since many of my family members were killed, wounded and maimed in those wars?