Motorcycle Forum

Motorcycle Forum (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/)
-   Motorcycle.Com Lounge (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycle-com-lounge/)
-   -   I'm starting to think... (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycle-com-lounge/14116-im-starting-think.html)

longride 01-14-2010 06:36 PM

I'm starting to think...

.....that Obama doesn't like Black people. Where is Kanye when we really need him?

Anger grows in quake-hit Haiti over aid delay | World News | Comcast.net

sarnali2 01-14-2010 06:40 PM

Sounds like they're ripe for a U.S. take over, they have anything worth taking?

Buzglyd 01-14-2010 07:59 PM

Come on! He made a speech!

If it worked for voters and the press it should work for the Haitians.

schizuki 01-14-2010 09:06 PM

Aw, c'mon, fellas - there's a reason it's called a natural disaster and not a natural inconvenience.

The logistics for disaster aid are daunting. Haiti didn't have much infrastructure before and they have close to zero now. We're sending ships (the United States military says "You're welcome" again, world). It's going to take time.

Of course, if you're simply making ironic references to the unfair criticism of Bush re: Katrina, then I'm on board with that part.

seruzawa 01-15-2010 05:04 AM

The US Military was there in hours. They can't get relief supplies in because the Haitian infrastructure sucked real bad even before the earthquake.

It used to be that people said "thank you" when others tried to help. Apparently now the entitlement attitude is worldwide.

Katrina was an internal US disaster. So instead of the generally competent US Military organizing relief you had the generally incompetent FEMA civilian bureaucrats who are more interested in CYA games than anything.

Kenneth_Moore 01-15-2010 05:16 AM

"I'm starting to think..."

Good for you!!

Dr_Sprocket 01-15-2010 06:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by schizuki (Post 232158)
Aw, c'mon, fellas - there's a reason it's called a natural disaster and not a natural inconvenience.

The logistics for disaster aid are daunting. Haiti didn't have much infrastructure before and they have close to zero now. We're sending ships (the United States military says "You're welcome" again, world). It's going to take time.

Of course, if you're simply making ironic references to the unfair criticism of Bush re: Katrina, then I'm on board with that part.

Sorry, but... XXX. How is it possible that the Chinese beat us there to Haiti? If my memory serves me correctly, they are on the other side of the world. Yet they still managed to get a search and rescue team on the ground before we (the U.S.) did. That is a shame!

When the same excuse you gave now was given during Katrina, the "logistics" excuse was vehemently denied by the Dems. I was in the Air Force (airlift), so I know what it takes to get stuff somewhere in a hurry. That was my job. It's not as easy as everyone thinks. I just find it ironic that the Dems and black Americans used Katrina to attack Bush for his delayed response, but no one is doing that now. What the...?!

seruzawa 01-15-2010 06:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr_Sprocket (Post 232168)
Sorry, but... XXX. How is it possible that the Chinese beat us there to Haiti? If my memory serves me correctly, they are on the other side of the world. Yet they still managed to get a search and rescue team on the ground before we (the U.S.) did. That is a shame!

When the same excuse you gave now was given during Katrina, the "logistics" excuse was vehemently denied by the Dems. I was in the Air Force (airlift), so I know what it takes to get stuff somewhere in a hurry. That was my job. It's not as easy as everyone thinks. I just find it ironic that the Dems and black Americans used Katrina to attack Bush for his delayed response, but no one is doing that now. What the...?!

Good question. The US Military was first on the scene (with the Australians) in Indonesia after the Tsunami. The only difference now is that the US is run by the most compassionate people on earth who grow magical gardens that produce supermarket vegetables.

Seriously, who thinks it's easy? Let them try to organize an air or sea lift.

pushrod 01-15-2010 06:41 AM

Dr. S.

Maybe because the Chinese 'Disaster Recovery Teams' are always mobilized?

And, I'm guessing that the packages we are sending are a lot bigger, thus the ramp-up takes longer.

RANT On -

I'm a lot less compassionate this morning than I was. ABC reported this Ayem that there were Haitians complaining that the International recovery teams were spending too much time looking for non-Haitians.

Probably no "Thank you's" have been offered, either.

Well, screw them! If all they want to be is a speed bump, so be it. Let's get our own and leave them to their sorry mess.

Haiti has been the insertion point for the global enema nozzle for several decades - this may be the Big Guys mode of Urban Renewal.

RANT Off -

sarnali2 01-15-2010 06:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by seruzawa (Post 232170)
Good question. The US Military was first on the scene (with the Australians) in Indonesia after the Tsunami. The only difference now is that the US is run by the most compassionate people on earth who grow magical gardens that produce supermarket vegetables.

Seriously, who thinks it's easy? Let them try to organize an air or sea lift.

Balony, how hard can it be? throw a bunch of cans of beanie wienies and some toilet paper on a plane and point it in the right direction.........

This is clearly a case of racism in the military left over from Bush's failed policies towards Cuba.