Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Other > Motorcycle.Com Lounge

Old 01-09-2010, 06:02 PM   #21
V2Rider
Premium Member

Ask Harry Reid, he'll fill you in on all of this.

Reid apologizes for 'no Negro dialect' comment - Yahoo! News

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 01-09-2010, 06:11 PM   #22
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by seruzawa View Post
You know that only right wingers are held to any standards. Democrats steal elections, funnel millions of dollars to criminal groups like ACORN. But what's really bad is that a couple of radio guys say things that Liberals don't like.

See? They are equivalent. Serial felonies = nasty radio comments. So you can't say anything about the destruction wrought on black America and the public education system by liberal Democrats because Rush Limbaugh says nasty things. See? Equivalency.

Remember. Bush 350 billion dollar deficits bad. Obama 1.3 trillion dollar deficits good.

And they expect to be taken seriously? LOL!

Ken is the only guy I ever knew that worried about talk show hosts. Did youhear what Leno had to say the other day?? LOL I guess it's because his Messiah and the rest have been f*cking up so badly. They make Bush look like a genius and it bugs him, so let him have his jollies like Olbermann and the sock puppets he has on that giggle to each other. It makes him feel better for falling head over heels with the "Global Warm" err "Climate Change" scam.

Last edited by longride : 01-09-2010 at 06:48 PM.
longride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2010, 04:27 AM   #23
schizuki
Founding Member

Harry Reid saying that Obama is acceptable to whites because he's light-skinned and doesn't speak with a "Negro dialect" is not racist. Because Harry's a Democrat.

Being an ex-Kleagle of the Ku Klux Klan is not evidence of racism. Because Senator Byrd is a Democrat.

However, saying that the term "African-American" is silly is the rhetorical equivalent of "I'm gonna lynch me some darkies." Because Glenn Beck is a conservative.

See how it works? Racism is bad, and right-wingers are bad, therefore right-wingers are racists. It's simple logic.

Bill Clinton and Chuck Schumer are praising the Supreme Court for overturning an anti-gay-marriage law that they both signed.
schizuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2010, 05:39 PM   #24
pplassm
Founding Member

AAAAAARGH!!!!!

I hate race based aguments.

My mom is 100% Japanese.

My dad is so mixed that no body can figure it out, although we know that one of my great-grandparents was African-American. Black? We don't know.

I could tell you stories of subtle discimination, mostly by other African Americans.

<sigh>

I just try to ignore race anymore. Why can't we be truthful and say "color"? That's what it really is. Just ask the Cubans and other Latinos.
Old 01-10-2010, 11:05 PM   #25
sarnali2
Aging Cafe` Racer

You know what p*ss'e me off? "non-hispanic white" WTF is that supposed to be. How about "white" or "hispanic"...maybe "non-white hispanic".....

I always mark "other" and write in Anglo Saxon or Welshman or Human.... If everyone's supposed to be even then all we need to know is "do you have physical disabilities that prevent you from doing the job" if the answers no then you take your chances and hope your qualifications are the best fit for the job. I had enough of that "diversity training" crap jammed down my throat at the UW to last two lifetimes.

"He said he's farting because of his medication"...
sarnali2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 06:35 AM   #26
seruzawa
The Toad

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarnali2 View Post
You know what p*ss'e me off? "non-hispanic white" WTF is that supposed to be. How about "white" or "hispanic"...maybe "non-white hispanic".....

I always mark "other" and write in Anglo Saxon or Welshman or Human.... If everyone's supposed to be even then all we need to know is "do you have physical disabilities that prevent you from doing the job" if the answers no then you take your chances and hope your qualifications are the best fit for the job. I had enough of that "diversity training" crap jammed down my throat at the UW to last two lifetimes.
Racism is an age old invention used by people who want privilege without merit. This is how a loser makes himself feel superior. It's also how you convince people to kill other people who never bothered you. There is absolutely no scientific evidence of any sort that proves one race "superior" to another, despite many thousands of hours and millions of dollars spent trying to prove so. At this point the only people who believe in racial superiority are insane or stupid. Neither type of individual can be convinced otherwise through force or education. So complex systems and law codes deigned to force people to get rid of those beliefs are doomed to fail. It is inconsistent with the principle of a free society to force people how to think anyhow. If anything the use of force only makes people dig their heels in and believe their idiotic ideas even more strongly.

The only real solution to race problems like this is to stop talking about and worrying about and looking for it behind every rock. Attempts to do so have only created totally insane ideas like "only whites can be racists". There are problems in this world that the govt cannot ever solve. This is one of them.

Racism defeats itself. Any business that manages itself on this basis will succumb in the marketplace to businesses that don't, unless the govt protects them. Like it does. The greatest purveyor of racism in the marketplace to day is govt. Universities are entirely run on racist principles. Small business loans and govt contracts are handed out according to race. Go to any govt office and you will see an organization that runs on traditional principles of racism, i.e. people are promoted entirely on the basis of their race. These offices work this way because Congress passed the laws that regulate them. Good job, govt. Well done as always. You can always trust the govt to get everything completely bassackwards.

Last edited by seruzawa : 01-11-2010 at 07:49 AM.
seruzawa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 08:59 AM   #27
Kenneth_Moore
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by longride View Post
Ken is the only guy I ever knew that worried about talk show hosts. Did youhear what Leno had to say the other day?? LOL I guess it's because his Messiah and the rest have been f*cking up so badly. They make Bush look like a genius and it bugs him, so let him have his jollies like Olbermann and the sock puppets he has on that giggle to each other. It makes him feel better for falling head over heels with the "Global Warm" err "Climate Change" scam.
And you're the only guy I know who obsesses over Al Gore with every waking moment. I guess we're just peas in a pod!
Old 01-11-2010, 09:05 AM   #28
Kenneth_Moore
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by seruzawa View Post
Racism is an age old invention used by people who want privilege without merit. This is how a loser makes himself feel superior. It's also how you convince people to kill other people who never bothered you. There is absolutely no scientific evidence of any sort that proves one race "superior" to another, despite many thousands of hours and millions of dollars spent trying to prove so. At this point the only people who believe in racial superiority are insane or stupid. Neither type of individual can be convinced otherwise through force or education. So complex systems and law codes deigned to force people to get rid of those beliefs are doomed to fail. It is inconsistent with the principle of a free society to force people how to think anyhow. If anything the use of force only makes people dig their heels in and believe their idiotic ideas even more strongly.

The only real solution to race problems like this is to stop talking about and worrying about and looking for it behind every rock. Attempts to do so have only created totally insane ideas like "only whites can be racists". There are problems in this world that the govt cannot ever solve. This is one of them.

Racism defeats itself. Any business that manages itself on this basis will succumb in the marketplace to businesses that don't, unless the govt protects them. Like it does. The greatest purveyor of racism in the marketplace to day is govt. Universities are entirely run on racist principles. Small business loans and govt contracts are handed out according to race. Go to any govt office and you will see an organization that runs on traditional principles of racism, i.e. people are promoted entirely on the basis of their race. These offices work this way because Congress passed the laws that regulate them. Good job, govt. Well done as always. You can always trust the govt to get everything completely bassackwards.
Obviously you never lived in the South. Maybe they don't have racism where you live, but there damn sure is racism here. It's not as overt or legally enforced as it once was, but it's still around.

Having said that, I agree with some of what you said in the second half of your post. As long as there is equal opportunity and sensibile anti-discrimination statutes in place (like not giving mortgages to Jews in a certain development) there is no reason to have a "Race" checkbox on every form etc.
Old 01-11-2010, 09:31 AM   #29
seruzawa
The Toad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenneth_Moore View Post
Obviously you never lived in the South. Maybe they don't have racism where you live, but there damn sure is racism here. It's not as overt or legally enforced as it once was, but it's still around.

Having said that, I agree with some of what you said in the second half of your post. As long as there is equal opportunity and sensibile anti-discrimination statutes in place (like not giving mortgages to Jews in a certain development) there is no reason to have a "Race" checkbox on every form etc.
I didn't say there wasn't any racism. I know more than enough of the idiots. I got attacked by blacks more than once when growing up in LA. We have the Aryan Nation up here and used to have lots of Bo Gritz for President bumper stickers. I just maintain that racists are insane or stupid and that you can't make being insane or stupid illegal. Well you can try but it won't do any good. Worse, racism becomes an excuse for criminal behavior. "I'm being oppressed so it was okay for me to rape that old lady and sell crack to grammar school kids."

Last edited by seruzawa : 01-11-2010 at 09:35 AM.
seruzawa is offline   Reply With Quote