Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Other > Motorcycle.Com Lounge

Old 01-07-2010, 10:27 AM   #41
MOKE1K
Registered Member

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by schizuki View Post
Well, sure, because "Living in harmony with the Earth" means, "Killing and eating other things until some other thing kills and eats me." No thanks, Mole. I'm smart enough to hole up in a house with my big-screen and a gallon of Haagen-Dazs. Let those super-genius dolphins swim with the f***ing sharks.

Well, we are the smartest species on the planet. There is no denying that. It's a demonstrable, incontrovertible fact.

The effects we have on each other range from kindness to cruelty, mercy to torture, love to rage. Overall, it averages out.

As to the environment - the Earth sloughs off our activities like they never happened (look at the Exxon Valdez, Hiroshima, and Chernobyl.) Meanwhile Mother Nature regularly f***s up the environment in ways the most diabolical genius could only envy. We fret about shorelines disappearing from global warming while Mother Nature wipes out whole coastal communities with one tsunami. We worry about our cars puffing out carbon dioxide (carbon dioxide, for the love of God!) while Mother Nature blows a mountain to Hell and pumps enough sulphur dioxide into the air to make winter last a year.

The ego we have to think we hold even a sliver of that power. It's comical.
Living in Harmony with the Earth always involves killing and being killed that should be obvious. What Iam talking about is alternatives to dumping garbage in the oceans. Making certain animals extinct. Replenishing resources, giving back to the earth instead always taking from it and never putting anything back into it.

This way of living started long before we came along. Look at the practices of the western Indian's and many more cultures. Why is it that todays man, like you think you can't learn anything from our past on how to cultivate the earth instead of always taking.

Mother nature is the boss she can do what she wants, besides have you ever though that those specific so called catastrophies are the way mother earth replenishes her self? To think we are the smartest is typical of this era of humans so I won't hold it against you but I don't agree. To each his own on the opinions.

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 01-07-2010, 10:35 AM   #42
seruzawa
The Toad

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOKE1K View Post
Living in Harmony with the Earth always involves killing and being killed that should be obvious. What Iam talking about is alternatives to dumping garbage in the oceans. Making certain animals extinct. Replenishing resources, giving back to the earth instead always taking from it and never putting anything back into it.

This way of living started long before we came along. Look at the practices of the western Indian's and many more cultures. Why is it that todays man, like you think you can't learn anything from our past on how to cultivate the earth instead of always taking.

Mother nature is the boss she can do what she wants, besides have you ever though that those specific so called catastrophies are the way mother earth replenishes her self? To think we are the smartest is typical of this era of humans so I won't hold it against you but I don't agree. To each his own on the opinions.
Except for the fact that Amerinds hunted entire areas out and then set fire to the forest to drive the last of the game and then moved to another area to deplete, I guess they lived in harmony too. LOL!

Actually I agree to a large extent. There's no reason to foul your own nest. Dumping huge amounts of dioxins into the ocean can't be good.
Old 01-07-2010, 05:13 PM   #43
schizuki
Founding Member

Quote:
This way of living started long before we came along. Look at the practices of the western Indian's and many more cultures.
You mean like stampeding whole herds of buffalo off a cliff, taking what meat could be carried, and letting the rest rot? Or hunting whole species to extinction? Thank God beaver hats fell out of fashion in Europe, or the Huron and Iroquois would have wiped them out, too (and why? To buy guns! Indians were right-wingers!)

Amerindians and other primitive peoples were not conservationists. That's propaganda.

Quote:
Why is it that todays man, like you think you can't learn anything from our past on how to cultivate the earth instead of always taking.
Because this "wisdom of the past" crap is absolute horsesh*t. And sorry, but I am not prepared to live in a hide hut.

Quote:
Mother nature is the boss she can do what she wants, besides have you ever though that those specific so called catastrophies are the way mother earth replenishes her self?
What does a subterranean earthquake and its resultant tsunami replenish? And does it follow that an environmental catastrophe that is caused by man is OK with you as long as it mimics a natural catastrophe in its effects and consequences?

Quote:
To think we are the smartest is typical of this era of humans so I won't hold it against you but I don't agree. To each his own on the opinions.
I never said we were the smartest humans who ever lived. I don't know what I said that gave you that idea. Human intelligence has been static for ten thousand years or so.

Bill Clinton and Chuck Schumer are praising the Supreme Court for overturning an anti-gay-marriage law that they both signed.
schizuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2010, 08:27 AM   #44
MOKE1K
Registered Member

You have to ask yourself how much of the Indians where influenced after the introduction of the gun, from the white Americans I might add.

Besides I don't believe there where any woolly mammoths around when the white Americans started selling guns. Quoted from your article and what I'v read that was 13,000 year ago.

[quote]
What does a subterranean earthquake and its resultant tsunami replenish? And does it follow that an environmental catastrophe that is caused by man is OK with you as long as it mimics a natural catastrophe in its effects and consequences?

How did you come up with this conclusion from what I stated? All I'am saying is this is how the earth replenishes itself regaurdless of humans living in those areas. How could you derive that Iam ok with a catastrophe as long as its created by humans?

And finally It's really all propaganda if you or I never truly witnessed any of these events.
Old 01-17-2010, 10:02 AM   #45
schizuki
Founding Member

Quote:
You have to ask yourself how much of the Indians where influenced after the introduction of the gun, from the white Americans I might add.

Besides I don't believe there where any woolly mammoths around when the white Americans started selling guns. Quoted from your article and what I'v read that was 13,000 year ago.
So, no, the Indians weren't influenced by the gun to exterminate species 13,000 years ago. Correct. They did that all with spears and such.

The acquisition of trade goods was the motivator to trap the beaver to near-extinction. Because the Indians loved consumer goods so much that they didn't think twice about ruining some portion of the environment to acquire them. Sound familiar?

A quibble - it was Europeans who first sold guns to Indians. It would take many generations for the native-born white Americans to think of themselves as such.

Bill Clinton and Chuck Schumer are praising the Supreme Court for overturning an anti-gay-marriage law that they both signed.

Last edited by MOKE1K : 01-17-2010 at 06:39 PM.
schizuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2010, 10:26 AM   #46
The_AirHawk
Founding Member

Quote:
The acquisition of trade goods was the motivator to trap the beaver to near-extinction. Because the Indians loved consumer goods so much that they didn't think twice about ruining some portion of the environment to acquire them. Sound familiar?
If only they had, if only they had. You would not BELIEVE the flooding and damage the little SOB's do during the "rainy months" here. You can spend two days destroying a dam, and the little bastiches will have it back (bigger than before!) nearly overnight. #$%&!!!!

Quote:
A quibble - it was Europeans who first sold guns to Indians. It would take many generations for the native-born white Americans to think of themselves as such.
Say, nearly the Civil War era.........
Let them hate so long as they fear
политики предпочитают безоружных крестьян
Politicians Prefer Unarmed Peasants
Nothing to see here, Citizen. Move along now...
The_AirHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2010, 12:39 PM   #47
seruzawa
The Toad

Quote:
So, no, the Indians weren't influenced by the gun to exterminate species 13,000 years ago. Correct. They did that all with spears and such.

It was actually British and French traders who brought guns to the Amerinds first, not eeevil white Americans. Of course you don't have to say "eeevil" because everyone knows that white Americans are of the devil. Look at how prosperous and peaceful the world was until the USA came along.
Old 01-17-2010, 06:28 PM   #48
MOKE1K
Registered Member

Ok so the french arent white, but they are white in color and perpetuating the white mans evil nonetheless!

Last edited by MOKE1K : 01-17-2010 at 06:34 PM.
MOKE1K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2010, 06:59 PM   #49
MOKE1K
Registered Member

Cool

Quote:

And what did the Native American Indians "truly" know about consumer goods and acquisition of trades until it earned them a monitarial profit. Trappers of French, American,and Yurupein decendanrt made that possible and probably attributed to them becoming involved in such trades. It seems alot of your propaganda is based on history after other nationalities arrived on the scene.
Old 01-17-2010, 09:58 PM   #50
sarnali2
Aging Cafe` Racer

The French and English wars on this continent were merely an extension of the Napoleonic wars in Europe and the rest of the world. If the English could take advantage of existing tribal animosities they did, just like the French used various Indian tribes against the British. The natives were more than happy to Allie themselves with whoever was against their enemies.

"He said he's farting because of his medication"...
sarnali2 is offline   Reply With Quote