Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Other > Motorcycle.Com Lounge

Old 12-15-2009, 10:41 AM   #1
mscuddy
MODERATOR X

Default Big Trouble for the Obaminator?

While some might scoff and pass this off as nonsense, the facts seem to be that Obama got his Fllbright funding to attend Occidental in L.A. because he registered as a foreign student from Indonesia. What say ye about this? A non-issue, or the beginning of big troubles for Obama?

VERY QUIETLY OBAMA'S CITIZENSHIP CASE REACHES THE SUPREME COURT

AP- WASHINGTON D.C. - In a move certain to fuel the debate over Obama's qualifications for the presidency, the group "Americans for Freedom of Information" has Released copies of President Obama's college transcripts from Occidental College .

Released today, the transcript school indicates that Obama, under the name Barry Soetoro, received financial aid as a foreign student from Indonesia as an undergraduate at the The transcript was released by Occidental College in compliance with a court order in a suit brought by the group in the Superior Court of California.

The transcript shows that Obama (Soetoro) applied for financial aid and was awarded a fellowship for foreign students from theFulbright Foundation Scholarship program. To qualify, for the scholarship, a student must claim foreign citizenship.

This document would seem to provide the smoking gun that many of Obama's detractors have been seeking. Along with the evidence that he was first born in Kenya and there is no record of him ever applying for US citizenship, this is looking pretty grim. The news has created a firestorm at the White House as the release casts increasing doubt about Obama's legitimacy and qualification to serve as President.

When reached for comment in London , where he has been in meetings with British Prime Minister Gordon Brown, Obama smiled but refused comment on the issue. Britain 's Daily Mail has also carried the story in a front-page article titled, "Obama Eligibility Questioned," leading some to speculate that the story may overshadow economic issues on Obama's first official visit to the U.K. In a related matter, under growing pressure from several groups.

Justice Antonin Scalia announced that the Supreme Court agreed on Tuesday to hear arguments concerning Obama's legal eligibility to serve as President in a case brought by Leo Donofrio of New Jersey . This lawsuit claims Obama's dual citizenship disqualified him from serving as president. Donofrio's case is just one of 18 suits brought by citizens demanding proof of Obama's citizenship or qualification to serve as president.

Gary Kreep of the United States Justice Foundation has released the results of their investigation of Obama's campaign spending. This study estimates that Obama has spent upwards of $950,000 in campaign funds in the past year with eleven law firms in 12 states for legal resources to block disclosure of any of his personal records. Mr. Kreep indicated that the investigation is still ongoing but that the final report will be provided to the U.S. attorney general, Eric Holder. Mr. Holder has refused to comment on the matter.

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 12-15-2009, 11:16 AM   #2
seruzawa
The Toad

If true, I guess his agents failed to sanitize everything. So, he either is a foreign agent or he's guilty of fraud for falsely claiming to be a foreign student, a Federal Felony which also would disqualify him from office. Heh heh. Some choice.
Old 12-15-2009, 11:38 AM   #3
The_AirHawk
Founding Member

Well, as Pelosi has to be the one to initiate Impeachment proceedings...........

This is just pissing into the wind.
Let them hate so long as they fear
политики предпочитают безоружных крестьян
Politicians Prefer Unarmed Peasants
Nothing to see here, Citizen. Move along now...
The_AirHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 11:54 AM   #4
mscuddy
MODERATOR X

Well that's what's nice about our system, if the Supreme Court gives the case any merit, and issues a rulling that results in subponeas (sic) being issued, this might be a tipping point to either total anarchy, or the rule of law once again triumphing.

Will be interesting to see if it just quietly goes away, or starts a fire.
Old 12-15-2009, 11:55 AM   #5
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_AirHawk View Post
Well, as Pelosi has to be the one to initiate Impeachment proceedings...........

Hell, Hillary will beat Pelosi to a pulp if it means a shot at being the Prez, so that wouldn't be a problem.
Old 12-15-2009, 11:58 AM   #6
seruzawa
The Toad

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_AirHawk View Post

But, it would expose the Rat leadership as a group so venal that they would publicly commit treason to protect their political interests.
Old 12-15-2009, 12:01 PM   #7
The_AirHawk
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by seruzawa View Post
But, it would expose the Rat leadership as a group so venal that they would publicly commit treason to protect their political interests.
Like that's ever bothered them before. For either the Dems OR the Pubs.

And it's not like what you say isn't already true and practiced on a daily basis.................

I submit this will all just quietly go-away. Like it always has.
Let them hate so long as they fear
политики предпочитают безоружных крестьян
Politicians Prefer Unarmed Peasants
Nothing to see here, Citizen. Move along now...
The_AirHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 12:03 PM   #8
schizuki
Founding Member

People whose opinions I trust have looked at the whole "birther" thing and said it doesn't hold water. If it really does turn out he wasn't born here, I'd hope some compromise could be reached whereby he could serve out his term but be ineligible for re-election. Which would actually be good for Democrats, because this clown is toast in 2012 anyway.

If he lied to get financial aid, well... so what. I can't see impeaching someone for a minor crime committed at eighteen and for which the statute of limitations probably ran out.

This is the kind of stuff that needs to be settled before an election, not after. Let the voters live with their choice. I'm as opposed to this kind of stuff as I am to that a$$hole who's been harassing Sarah Palin with unfounded ethics complaints just to drain her family's bank account.

Bill Clinton and Chuck Schumer are praising the Supreme Court for overturning an anti-gay-marriage law that they both signed.
schizuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 12:11 PM   #9
pushrod
Founding Member

The thought of Biden taking over is the only reason I want to keep BHO in office...

I have become -
Comfortably Numb.
pushrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 12:14 PM   #10
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by pushrod View Post
The thought of Biden taking over is the only reason I want to keep BHO in office...

And here I thought you like Uncle Joe.