Motorcycle Forum

Motorcycle Forum (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/)
-   Motorcycle.Com Lounge (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycle-com-lounge/)
-   -   Some light reading about GW..... (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycle-com-lounge/13899-some-light-reading-about-gw.html)

Buzglyd 12-15-2009 07:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pplassm (Post 230061)
From Instapundit and PJTV - VodkaPundit - Hair of the Dog: Amateur Hour at the White House

"There are many kinds of truth. Al Gore was poleaxed by an inconvenient one yesterday.

The former US Vice-President, who became an unlikely figurehead for the green movement after narrating the Oscar-winning documentary An Inconvenient Truth, became entangled in a new climate change “spin” row.

Mr Gore, speaking at the Copenhagen climate change summit, stated the latest research showed that the Arctic could be completely ice-free in five years.

In his speech, Mr Gore told the conference: “These figures are fresh. Some of the models suggest to Dr [Wieslav] Maslowski that there is a 75 per cent chance that the entire north polar ice cap, during the summer months, could be completely ice-free within five to seven years.”

However, the climatologist whose work Mr Gore was relying upon dropped the former Vice-President in the water with an icy blast.

“It’s unclear to me how this figure was arrived at,” Dr Maslowski said. “I would never try to estimate likelihood at anything as exact as this.”

Mr Gore’s office later admitted that the 75 per cent figure was one used by Dr Maslowksi as a “ballpark figure” several years ago in a conversation with Mr Gore. . . . Perhaps Mr Gore had felt the need to gild the lily to buttress resolve. But his speech was roundly criticised by members of the climate science community. “This is an exaggeration that opens the science up to criticism from sceptics,” Professor Jim Overland, a leading oceanographer at the US National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration said."

I just posted a link to that in a different thread. The most damning thing about all this is the "specifics" these idiots use in an attempt to sound legitimate.

The Dali Obama says he's going to propose cutting greenhouse emissions by 83%!! Not 80%. Not 85%. 83 on the nose. How the phcuck can anyone be so specific when talking about the atmosphere?

Answer: they can't. Which explains why this is all total bullshyt.

seruzawa 12-15-2009 09:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buzglyd (Post 230065)
I just posted a link to that in a different thread. The most damning thing about all this is the "specifics" these idiots use in an attempt to sound legitimate.

The Dali Obama says he's going to propose cutting greenhouse emissions by 83%!! Not 80%. Not 85%. 83 on the nose. How the phcuck can anyone be so specific when talking about the atmosphere?

Answer: they can't. Which explains why this is all total bullshyt.

He means that he is going to confiscate your income by 83%.

sarnali2 12-15-2009 09:11 AM

Strictly speaking the atmosphere has little effect on climate anyway, it's the oceans that control weather, air temps are a product of water temps. Change the Gulf Stream and Europe and North America freeze. Air pollution effects organizms not temperatures to any great degree. Increased air temps increase evaporation which screens sunlight and cools everything off. Lower the ocean temps and circulation by any significant amount and we're heading for another ice age

This crap Algore and his kind are coming up with is pure speculation and prevarication meant to frighten the great unwashed and line their own pockets. As LR said any scientist with an ounce of integrity is going to jump and ship exspose these manipulators for what they are.

MOKE1K 12-28-2009 10:55 AM

Longride- The Global Climate Prophet

longride 12-28-2009 11:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MOKE1K (Post 230911)
Longride- The Global Climate Prophet

Well if you are the new GMP, I can be the new GCP! I have to keep up somehow.

sarnali2 12-28-2009 11:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by longride (Post 230912)
Well if you are the new GMP, I can be the new GCP! I have to keep up somehow.

Oh, cool....whats the weather going to be tomorrow? I just installed a set of iridium tipped plugs and a new air cleaner element so I can't wait to see how much horsepower they added.......

MOKE1K 12-28-2009 12:10 PM

Who cares as long as its loud as hell,.....and backfires. "KA-POW!"

Kenneth_Moore 12-28-2009 12:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sarnali2 (Post 230915)
Oh, cool....whats the weather going to be tomorrow? I just installed a set of iridium tipped plugs and a new air cleaner element so I can't wait to see how much horsepower they added.......

What a co-inkydink. I'm doing the exact same thing on the Vee over the hollow-day. And an Earl n Filter change...

sarnali2 12-28-2009 01:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kenneth_Moore (Post 230921)
What a co-inkydink. I'm doing the exact same thing on the Vee over the hollow-day. And an Earl n Filter change...

It's a Gad Dam* Sign is what it is!!!! Ain't no co-inky dink! The Lawd Jeesus, he be a-comin' soon!!!!!.....

The_AirHawk 12-28-2009 01:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sarnali2 (Post 230924)
It's a Gad Dam* Sign is what it is!!!! Ain't no co-inky dink! The Lawd Jeesus, he be a-comin' soon!!!!!.....

Bejeezus just called - he said he's running late due to the Blizzard..........