Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Other > Motorcycle.Com Lounge

Old 12-09-2009, 07:05 AM   #1
schizuki
Founding Member

Default Right-wing nuts strike again

Those right-wing paranoids like Glenn Beck and his Christian neanderthal fans are too much. You know how these wingnuts oppose sex education in schools despite the valuable and utterly reasonable information children get about preventing pregnancy and HIV that they simply could never get from, oh, their parents? Well, now these reactionary philistines are going after Obama's Safe Schools Czar simply because he gives kids fisting lessons.

I'm sure this is all taken out of context.

[It's great being a libertarian. You get to choose between the kinda-weird Christian Right, or the nation-destroying, freedom-killing, 100% full-goose bozo insane Left. For f***'s sake - fisting?]

Bill Clinton and Chuck Schumer are praising the Supreme Court for overturning an anti-gay-marriage law that they both signed.
schizuki is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 12-09-2009, 07:14 AM   #2
Kenneth_Moore
Registered Member

What the hell is wrong with fishing lessons? Geez, millions of Americans fish.
Old 12-09-2009, 07:36 AM   #3
schizuki
Founding Member

Hey, Ken, you left some stuff out of your Rush quote:

"I cannot emphasize this enough. Those of you who call yourself scientists, if you don't conduct your own investigation here, your entire field is bunk. Your entire field will be viewed with as much cynicism as people view politics, because that's what you've become. You're destroying what once was a pursuit of truth, confirmed and confirmed and confirmed and confirmed. Now science is one of the Four Corners of Deceit in the Universe of Lies."

This is what you call Rush's Dark Ages, Inquisition-like anti-science attitude?

Do you see the conditional "if"? (I helpfully bolded it).

Do you see his characterization of science as "a pursuit of truth, confirmed and confirmed and confirmed and confirmed"? (I helpfully bolded that, too)

You've either misread or misrepresented Rush's view. This is obviously an impassioned defense of science against scientific fraud. It boggles me that you could have so completely missed that.

You need to listen without prejudice.

Bill Clinton and Chuck Schumer are praising the Supreme Court for overturning an anti-gay-marriage law that they both signed.
Old 12-09-2009, 08:02 AM   #4
seruzawa
The Toad

Yes. It's awful difficult to choose. I mean, people who teach "turn the other cheek" and " treat your neighbor as yourself" are obviously as dangerous as people who believe in culling the "excess population".
Old 12-09-2009, 08:11 AM   #5
Buzglyd
Founding Member

Considering the Dali Obama is lumping 3 Trillion in debt on our kids' backs and destroying any "hope" they have of getting a job, a fisting kit is entirely appropriate.
Buzglyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 08:18 AM   #6
schizuki
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by seruzawa View Post
Yes. It's awful difficult to choose. I mean, people who teach "turn the other cheek" and " treat your neighbor as yourself" are obviously as dangerous as people who believe in culling the "excess population".
Well, obviously, I meant it was an easy choice. Not ideal, but easy.

Old 12-09-2009, 09:18 AM   #7
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

"You've either misread or misrepresented Rush's view."

Misrepresentation is what Liberals LIVE for. It allows one to pollute while crying about polluters, murder the unborn and sleep like a baby, and cry about helping the poor, while doing nothing to help them personally. Ken obviously can't handle what Rush says, just like Obama can't, so they brand him as 'dangerous'. If he wasn't 'dangerous' he'd be a 'racist', 'homophobe' 'flat earther', or anything else they can brand people with. Notice how Ozone Al has never been branded anything even though he could go down as the biggest liar in the history of the world?
Old 12-09-2009, 10:07 AM   #8
Kenneth_Moore
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by longride View Post
"You've either misread or misrepresented Rush's view."

Misrepresentation is what Liberals LIVE for. It allows one to pollute while crying about polluters, murder the unborn and sleep like a baby, and cry about helping the poor, while doing nothing to help them personally. Ken obviously can't handle what Rush says, just like Obama can't, so they brand him as 'dangerous'. If he wasn't 'dangerous' he'd be a 'racist', 'homophobe' 'flat earther', or anything else they can brand people with. Notice how Ozone Al has never been branded anything even though he could go down as the biggest liar in the history of the world?
Misrepresnetation?? That's bull**** LR, and coming from you of all people, it's frikin hysterical. Mr. Extreme, the guy who always goes for the inflammatory rethoric instead of having a resonable discussion.

You're damn right I can't handle what Rush says. The man is a liar and distorter of the truth, I've heard him say so many things that were patently false, self-serving, manipulative, utter bull**** I wouldn't believe him if he told me the sun would rise tomorrow.

As for the remarks about scientific truth, Rush shouts the line about the "Pillar of Deciept" at the top of his lungs over and over. Then he whispers the sidebar. He's a propagandist on the order of Gobbels or the Stalinists, you just like his Kool-Aid, I don't. He may not be a homophobe, but he's a drug-addict and a miserable turd who couldn't even last 2 days in the re-hab he checked himself into when he was busted. I'd vote for Obama any day if it kept people who think like Rush out of office.
Old 12-09-2009, 10:36 AM   #9
acecycleins
Founding Member

Ken- There are MANY (I'd say easily 60) Senators in positions of great importance to our way of life that live lies and espouse those lies to others. Those poeple 1- are elected liars, sadly. which Rush is not. 2- Rush cannot change laws to suit his agenda. Our leaders do that often. As much are you hate Rush I can tell you that Al Frankin and Randy Rhodes made comments, factually lied and even threatened a sitting President during their radio tenure. Rush may be a liar in your eyes but he's no worse than the liberal competition. He is just better at marketing.
To continue to believe that Rush is anti-science because he (along with millions upon millions of others) believes that the Global Warming is a scientific scam IS A JOKE. THIS scam WAS brought on by people with an agenda that do not believe in a capitalistic, free enterprise system for democratic or elected republic governments.
Feel free to hate on Rush. I'm sure he's not losing sleep. Remember that Cap n Trade is an economic killer that your son will live through. Remember that this doomsday global warming crap is junk science because every meter of measurement is flawed. Remember that the Earth heats and cools in cycles and that the SUN is responsible for as much atmospheric change as your gas is after a good Italian meal. This Earth has endured 150 yrs if real indutrialization and to measure that timeline against history you will see that our impact on your atmosphere is barely measurable.
We should recycle more and make better use of our resources, but to think that our impact over the last 50 yrs is going to make oxygen production come to a halt is simply silly.
Old 12-09-2009, 10:42 AM   #10
schizuki
Founding Member

Dark Ages... Stalinist... Goebbels... Inquisition...

... oh, and he's a propagandist.

My irony meter exploded.