Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Other > Motorcycle.Com Lounge

Old 12-08-2009, 04:42 PM   #1
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

Default Here it comes!

The finger pointing!

FOXNews.com - Obama Pitches Jobs Program, Points Finger at GOP for Economic Mess

Whatever little respect I had for this clown in the White House just went bye-bye. The guy that had all the answers less than a year ago now has none, so it's time to point the finger and try to take the blame off himself. I learned so much about real decision making from being in charge of fire scenes for 17 years. What you learn is that there are PLENTY OF GUYS that have all the answers as to what you should have done on that fire.........AFTER the fire is out. These are the same guys that are either absent, pooping in their pants, or begging you to tell them what to do because they can't figure it out while the shyt is hitting the fan, yet every one of them has all the answers, and point out all your mistakes, after all is done. I have zero respect for those kind of people. I would always take full responsibility for the decisions I made, good and bad, and never tried to blame someone else. I was in charge.....and I acted like it. Time for the clown in the White House to act like he's in charge. 'The Messiah' had all the answers......as long as he never really had to come up with any. The fire is burning and all he is doing is pointing fingers. He's showing us all how truly incompetent he is at making truly important decisions and taking responsibility for them. So now it's time to show his 'bipartisanship' again and point fingers at 'them' when he and his crew have been in charge of Congress for at least 3 years. It's still all Bush's fault. How long is this idiot going to ride on that bus? Not like I ever really liked this crooked clown from Illinois to begin with, but he has turned out to be a bigger dud than first suspected. I hope all the people that voted for this clown read this. How proud they must be!

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 12-08-2009, 04:54 PM   #2
seruzawa
The Toad

He'll keep saying it because his O-bots eat it up.

Last edited by seruzawa : 12-08-2009 at 05:00 PM.
seruzawa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 05:17 PM   #3
mscuddy
MODERATOR X

You can thank George Bush for Osama Bin Obama. If that guy didn't screw up with the invasion AND the economy, Obama never would have gotten elected.

I was unnerved to be a Republican when he invaded Iraq. Now all those poor bastards who gave their lives and limbs for a bunch of towell headed idiots who hate each others guts did it fror nothing. Never should have gone there. Read history for gods sake. And now Afghanistan!?!? Puhleeze.

Oh, and China is getting mad because Andy Xie, one of China’s most influential economists, went ape over the current fiscal snafu.

Xie accused the Fed chief of “poisoning” the U.S. economy by keeping interest rates near zero and creating a tidal wave of newly printed paper dollars. He warned that the next global crisis will be driven by asset inflation. And his warning is precisely the scenario I've been saying will happen all along.

Rotsa ruck USA.
Old 12-08-2009, 05:40 PM   #4
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

Iraq is over. Lucky we pretty much won there before Obama could f*ck that up. Nothing left except a few bombs going off, which will happen there for the next 100 years. Afghanistan will be a loss because we won't do what is necessary to win. That one is a street fight, and if you dont want to fight dirty, then just get out. At least Bush wasn't a crybaby. He didn't point at the other guys and cry about unfair news coverage. At least he stood by what he did like it or not.
Old 12-08-2009, 05:53 PM   #5
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

"I was unnerved to be a Republican when he invaded Iraq."

Most polls showed that support for the invasion, depending on how the question is phrased, was at between 55-65% (58% according to CNN/USA Today, 57% according to the LA Times, and 67% according to Fox).

Most people were fine with it. After 15 minutes though, the average American got bored.
Old 12-10-2009, 08:14 AM   #6
mscuddy
MODERATOR X

The average American got bored? Yes, I'm sure they did. But as someone who regards history as a lesson of what not to do, like put boots on the ground in Iraq, or Afghanistan for Gods sake, we made a major blunder. Just ask the Persians, the French, English, Russians, etc.

Either nuke 'em, or leave 'em alone. Now we're mired in a gigantic mess that crushed both the British & Soviet empires. And guess who's next?

Just print up more dollar bills, that will fix everything.
Old 12-10-2009, 08:39 AM   #7
schizuki
Founding Member

Y'know, I'm pretty sick of the "inherited economic mess" bullsh**. The recession started with the subprime mortgage debacle. Whose fault was that? Democrats.

Some interesting things from the article (written in the NYT in 1999):

The only warning note came from a conservative think tank, and they were 100% right.

The head of Fannie Mae was Howell Raines, the Obama campaign's top economic advisor.

"The action...will encourage those banks to extend home mortgages to individuals whose credit is generally not good enough to qualify for conventional loans. Fannie Mae officials say they hope to make it a nationwide program by next spring...Fannie Mae, the nation's biggest underwriter of home mortgages, has been under increasing pressure from the Clinton Administration to expand mortgage loans among low and moderate income people and felt pressure from stock holders to maintain its phenomenal growth in profits."

Again, this was written in 1999 - how is it Bush's fault? This was a time bomb.

Who held hearings to fix it in 2003? Republicans. Who stonewalled and said everything was fine? Democrats. [warning: Barney Frank video content. You have been warned.]

I pointed this out to a liberal co-worker who snarked, "Yeah, well, who held control of Congress? How could the Repubs get stonewalled if they were the majority?" He lost his smirk when I asked him how the even-larger Democrat majority was doing on passing government health care.

But yeah, the Republicans should have gone to the wall. I just find my liberal Democrat buddy's defense that the Republicans are at fault because they didn't fight Barney Frank and Chris Dodd hard enough to fix Bill Clinton's calamitous mistake to be tragically comic.

Bill Clinton and Chuck Schumer are praising the Supreme Court for overturning an anti-gay-marriage law that they both signed.
schizuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 08:39 AM   #8
Buzglyd
Founding Member

Didn't Obama vote present? Isn't that enough? Damn you have lofty expectations.

I'm sure our resident "smoke jumper" will be spamming any minute now.
Buzglyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 09:11 AM   #9
sarnali2
Aging Cafe` Racer

I always thought Iraq was a mistake. Afghanistan (and Saudi Arabia) is the real targets. Since we had the Taliban on the ropes at first we should have kept kicking them in the teeth. It was stupid to divert our efforts to Iraq when all they were doing was talking sh*t and waving Enfields in the air.

If Clinton had have done his job and retaliated over no-fly zone violations Saddam would have become a toothless dog like Quadaffi

"He said he's farting because of his medication"...
sarnali2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 09:33 AM   #10
seruzawa
The Toad

Default Ha!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarnali2 View Post
I always thought Iraq was a mistake. Afghanistan (and Saudi Arabia) is the real targets. Since we had the Taliban on the ropes at first we should have kept kicking them in the teeth. It was stupid to divert our efforts to Iraq when all they were doing was talking sh*t and waving Enfields in the air.

If Clinton had have done his job and retaliated over no-fly zone violations Saddam would have become a toothless dog like Quadaffi
Are you ready for this? Obama invokes the Bush Doctrine of foreign policy. LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL!

NEOAVATARA