Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Other > Motorcycle.Com Lounge

Old 12-07-2009, 09:36 AM   #41
seruzawa
The Toad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenneth_Moore View Post
His agenda lately is clearly anti-science, which I equate to the Dark Ages and the Inquisition.
Time for a rest.

Rightwingers have no corner on anti-science. Leftwingers are just as bad when their interests collide. Breast cancer and the abortion connection for one. 25 year shorter average life spans for homosexuals is another. Overstated smoking, especially second hand smoking, propaganda is another.

How about the old "if you own a gun you are 30 times more likely to be killed by a gun" science from the CDC? It turned out that the study author made it up entirely and admitted it later.

Limbaugh has no regulatory power. Govt liars do.

Politicized science is no science at all.

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 12-07-2009, 09:52 AM   #42
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

"Every single day, Rush beats his dishonest, anti-science, extreme right agenda into people's brains. Unfortunately, many people aren't as sophisticated as you, and take his words as fact."

You have still gfailed to show me one piece of legistation Rush has proposed, or one specific thing he would do to prove your point. Give me one specific example of his anti-science, extreme right agenda that will affect your life. Quote him on something that he did or he plans to do. I'll give you the extreme right-wing agenda that will screw with your life:

EPA: Greenhouse gases endanger human health - Yahoo! News

Did you know that carbon dioxide is a health hazard now? This is what passes as 'science'? Is this what Rush is against? If it is, I agree with him 100%.
Old 12-07-2009, 09:59 AM   #43
Buzglyd
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by longride View Post
"Every single day, Rush beats his dishonest, anti-science, extreme right agenda into people's brains. Unfortunately, many people aren't as sophisticated as you, and take his words as fact."

You have still gfailed to show me one piece of legistation Rush has proposed, or one specific thing he would do to prove your point. Give me one specific example of his anti-science, extreme right agenda that will affect your life. Quote him on something that he did or he plans to do. I'll give you the extreme right-wing agenda that will screw with your life:

Did you know that carbon dioxide is a health hazard now? This is what passes as 'science'? Is this what Rush is against? If it is, I agree with him 100%.
Since the largest emitter of CO2 is the ocean, we're going to have to arrest it. I"m heading down to the beach right now.
Buzglyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 10:14 AM   #44
Kenneth_Moore
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by longride View Post

I'm not gsaying Rush is proposing legislation - directly - you are. That's totally aside from my point that he's a very influential extremist who lately is on an anti-science binge.
Old 12-07-2009, 10:29 AM   #45
seruzawa
The Toad

Quote:
I'm not gsaying Rush is proposing legislation - directly - you are. That's totally aside from my point that he's a very influential extremist who lately is on an anti-science binge.
I don't understand why liberals care so much about Limbaugh and the handful of right wing talk show hosts. If you add up all the information sources and place them in categories according to political persuasion you have about 98% of all worldwide media being entirely leftwing propagandists. Yet the few voices from the right which would be acouple dozen talk shows and Fox News are enough to have the liberals in a complete state of foaming apoplexy. Anything less than 100% control of mass media drives leftwingers into a frenzy.

I'm more worried about the dangerous psychopaths that control the govt, like Sebilius and Napolitano.
Old 12-07-2009, 10:33 AM   #46
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

Quote:

OK, so he isn't proposing any legislation that will affect my life, so why would you or I care what he says? Who exactly is he influencing, and why should I care? I can give you lots of reasons to care about Algore and his enormous lie that is going to cost us all. So if you were to say who is more dangerous, you go with Rush, the do-nothing talk show host?
Old 12-07-2009, 10:34 AM   #47
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

"I'm more worried about the dangerous psychopaths that control the govt, like Sebilius and Napolitano."

Good call. They will do more damage in a day than Rush and Fox News will do in our lifetimes.
Old 12-07-2009, 10:46 AM   #48
Kenneth_Moore
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by seruzawa View Post
I don't understand why liberals care so much about Limbaugh and the handful of right wing talk show hosts. If you add up all the information sources and place them in categories according to political persuasion you have about 98% of all worldwide media being entirely leftwing propagandists.
You know, I hear that all the time, yet I am continually bombarded by right-wing media and pundits. It's the only thing on the radio aside from NPR, which is pretty mundane, and fundamentalist preaching, which nauseates me. There is NO liberal media in the South...aside from the internet, at all.
Old 12-07-2009, 11:05 AM   #49
seruzawa
The Toad

Quote:
You know, I hear that all the time, yet I am continually bombarded by right-wing media and pundits. It's the only thing on the radio aside from NPR, which is pretty mundane, and fundamentalist preaching, which nauseates me. There is NO liberal media in the South...aside from the internet, at all.
Well, that's the radio. People who have jobs are the main radio audience. Naturally there will be far fewer liberals listening to radio. That's why Airamerica failed. Well, that and the lunacy. Daytime TV is entirely made up of leftwing paragons likes Oprah, Montel and Jerry. It has bigger audiences too.
Old 12-08-2009, 06:23 AM   #50
pplassm
Founding Member

Hence, the "Fairness Doctrine", so the left can dominate radio, as well.

Actually, implementation of the doctrine might be fun. They'd have to force CBS/NBC/ABC to air conservative opinions.