Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Other > Motorcycle.Com Lounge

Old 12-07-2009, 04:05 AM   #31
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

This just in. Louisiana got the earliest snowfall EVER! I hope it's still hot by Ken because that's the ONLY place it's hot!

Snow dusts the South from Louisiana to Georgia - Yahoo! News

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 12-07-2009, 05:31 AM   #32
seruzawa
The Toad

Quote:
Originally Posted by longride View Post
This just in. Louisiana got the earliest snowfall EVER! I hope it's still hot by Ken because that's the ONLY place it's hot!

Snow dusts the South from Louisiana to Georgia - Yahoo! News
Ever noticed that whenever the envrio-nuts talk about saving the Alaskan tundra on the news that they never show a picture of it? That's because if they did the majority of people would laugh themselves silly. I've even seen the newsliars show a Rocky Mountain alpine meadow while talking about the tundra.

Oh yeah. Did you see the national news lat week about the horrible oil spill under the Alaska pipeline? Charlie Sheen's back yard looks worse after a party.

Environmentalism has simply become propaganda.
Old 12-07-2009, 06:27 AM   #33
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

"Environmentalism has simply become propaganda."

Ain't it a shame too? I believe in conservation and real pollution control, but the Global Warming crowd makes me want to toss my garbage out the car window onto their lawns.
Old 12-07-2009, 07:00 AM   #34
Kenneth_Moore
Registered Member

Quote:
It was 90 this weekend, finally last night a front made it through and cooled off enough to make a ride enjoyable.

LR, you make a good point about the politicalization of environmental concerns. Obviously "The Environment" has been political since it first became a national topic in the '60's. Unfortunately, this Global Warming fiasco has taken it to new levels. This a bad time for it; with population pressures, resource consumption, competing economies, etc., now, more than ever, we need objective, unbiased science to guide us. What we don't need is politicians and demogogues like Al and Rush making the environment their platform for self-aggrandizement.
Old 12-07-2009, 07:13 AM   #35
Buzglyd
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenneth_Moore View Post
It was 90 this weekend, finally last night a front made it through and cooled off enough to make a ride enjoyable.

LR, you make a good point about the politicalization of environmental concerns. Obviously "The Environment" has been political since it first became a national topic in the '60's. Unfortunately, this Global Warming fiasco has taken it to new levels. This a bad time for it; with population pressures, resource consumption, competing economies, etc., now, more than ever, we need objective, unbiased science to guide us. What we don't need is politicians and demogogues like Al and Rush making the environment their platform for self-aggrandizement.
One huge difference KMo. Gore is advocating massive gov't control of those resources and our lives. Rush isn't. I find one blowhard far more dangerous than the other one.
Buzglyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 07:16 AM   #36
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

"What we don't need is politicians and demogogues like Al and Rush making the environment their platform for self-aggrandizement."

Since I really don't listen to Rush, tell me what sweeping global changes he is persuing that will affect every facet of our lives. I know what Al is pushing, so let me in on Rush's agenda.
Old 12-07-2009, 07:17 AM   #37
seruzawa
The Toad

Quote:

I believe that the worst dangers are simply dumped toxins. Money that could be used for dealing with clear and present dangers is being blown on wild guesses and turf battles. Disgusting.

When you consider the amount of $ wasted on political battles you could instead take a fraction of that money and build huge CO2 removal filters and start cleaning the atmosphere. Sounds silly but we have the tech to do it now. Microorganisms could be used as well, like those used to eat oil spills, to eat hydrocarbons from the atmosphere.

But nooooo. We have to set up some world agency and hand more power to unelected bureaucrats. And, as the Fed EPA has shown, such actions are ineffective anyhow. The worst State for cleanups of toxic sites is Idaho. And Idaho alone has cleaned up more sites than the Fed EPA! All those EPA billions go to lazy govt employee salaries and to litigation trying to force companies to clean up stuff. The EPA could clean up the sites themselves for far less money. The mind boggles at the incompetence of govt agencies.

Then there are the people like my wife's uncle who are threatened and abused by the EPA for illegal dumping that someone else did. EPA Little Hitlers.
Old 12-07-2009, 07:44 AM   #38
Kenneth_Moore
Registered Member

Quote:
"What we don't need is politicians and demogogues like Al and Rush making the environment their platform for self-aggrandizement."

Since I really don't listen to Rush, tell me what sweeping global changes he is persuing that will affect every facet of our lives. I know what Al is pushing, so let me in on Rush's agenda.
I suggest you listen to Rush, at least on occasion. Like it or not, he is as influential as Al is. His agenda lately is clearly anti-science, which I equate to the Dark Ages and the Inquisition. As for sweeping global changes; if he gets his way and we take the opposite extreme of completely unrestrained corporations...the changes will easily be as dramatic as anything Al has in mind. That's the problem, they are both extremists, just on opposite poles.
Old 12-07-2009, 08:10 AM   #39
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

Quote:
I suggest you listen to Rush, at least on occasion. Like it or not, he is as influential as Al is. His agenda lately is clearly anti-science, which I equate to the Dark Ages and the Inquisition. As for sweeping global changes; if he gets his way and we take the opposite extreme of completely unrestrained corporations...the changes will easily be as dramatic as anything Al has in mind. That's the problem, they are both extremists, just on opposite poles.
So what specifically has Rush proposed to further his anti-science agenda? Has he gone to world-wide meetings to push his agenda through to ban science agencies? What would Rush specifically give to the corporations to give them the unrestrained power you fear? The Cap and Trade that Al pushed will affect us all in many ways, yet I have zero evedence that Rush has ever intruduced, or pushed his agenda past a talk show. Tell me exactly what Rush has DONE, and not spoke about.
Old 12-07-2009, 08:28 AM   #40
Kenneth_Moore
Registered Member

Quote:
So what specifically has Rush proposed to further his anti-science agenda? Has he gone to world-wide meetings to push his agenda through to ban science agencies? What would Rush specifically give to the corporations to give them the unrestrained power you fear? The Cap and Trade that Al pushed will affect us all in many ways, yet I have zero evedence that Rush has ever intruduced, or pushed his agenda past a talk show. Tell me exactly what Rush has DONE, and not spoke about.
Every single day, Rush beats his dishonest, anti-science, extreme right agenda into people's brains. Unfortunately, many people aren't as sophisticated as you, and take his words as fact.

Just Friday I heard him ranting about a poor American Small Business Owner who had been put out of business by the Evil O's "burdensome gummit regulations." She's a real-estate appraiser. As a result of the mortgage fiasco, appraisers are required to be completely independent from lenders, because the lenders were hyper-inflating the value of real-estate in collusion with the appriasers. I knew this only because I just got a mortgage, and my lender briefed me on it. But if you didn't know that, you'd think Rush was right.