Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Other > Motorcycle.Com Lounge

Old 12-01-2009, 02:32 PM   #1
DeadJet
Registered Member

Default BAH! No support for U.S. Troops?

I keep up with the efforts of IAVA (Iraq and Afghanistan Veterans of America) and am very disconcerted by what appears to be a total lack of concern from average citizens for the issues confronting our veterans returning from war.

Soliciting for 111,000 FREE pledges of support on Open Up Your Arms, IAVA fell WAY short of their goal. I hope this is an example of people not knowing about this as opposed to people not caring.

Thusly, now you know.

Best.
DeadJet is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 12-01-2009, 07:07 PM   #2
seruzawa
The Toad

This is always the way of it. Everyone will say how much they support the troops. And they probably do..... as long as they don't actually have to DO anything. Heaven forbid anyone gives up the price of a six pack once a month to help any of these guys.

Wait and see what happens to military retirees and dependents when the new health care legislation is done with them. The way retirees and active duty people are treated on might think that military service was being actively dismantled. I wonder who would desire that?
Old 12-01-2009, 07:32 PM   #3
Buzglyd
Founding Member

Well after that speech tonight, it's pretty clear Zero doesn't support the troops.

I wonder if all those war protestors will be out in force?
Buzglyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 11:45 PM   #4
V2Rider
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzglyd View Post
Well after that speech tonight, it's pretty clear Zero doesn't support the troops.

I wonder if all those war protestors will be out in force?
If they are you won't see it on the news. Since Obama was sworn in all of the"anti-war" folks have gone home, mission accomplished. All save Cindy Sheehan although now she is called pathetic by the left.
Old 12-02-2009, 03:30 AM   #5
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

"Everyone will say how much they support the troops. And they probably do..... as long as they don't actually have to DO anything."

I think you can say the same thing about supporting American jobs, Global Warming, anti-abortion, taxes,......hell I could go on and on here.
Old 12-02-2009, 03:33 AM   #6
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

"Since Obama was sworn in all of the"anti-war" folks have gone home,...."

Seems like all his supporters have gone home too.....especially on this site! How noisy they were for so many years, and how quiet they are now. We don't even hear a peep from all the people that voted for 'change' and 'hope'. Not even a year in and they are nowhere to be found. I guess they were just as wrong about 'The Messiah' as they are wrong about Global War.....err Climate Change. No courage in their convictions. The plus side is that they will have at least 3 more years of me letting them have it at every opportunity. At least they can look forward to something!

Last edited by longride : 12-02-2009 at 03:35 AM.
longride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 07:32 AM   #7
trenttheuncatchable
Founding Member

I support the President. He took the time to consider the issues before making a decision (regarding Afghanistan/Pakistan). As he was taking that time, the Republicans were complaining how he wasn't acting fast enough. Even though no troop build ups were planned until next year. Now they're happy that he's sending 30,000 more troops, but unhappy that he's also set a date for the pullout. Or they're unhappy that he's not sending more troops. Or that he's not bringing all the troops home now. Go ahead and criticize him. It makes no never mind to me.
trenttheuncatchable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 08:33 AM   #8
Buzglyd
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by trenttheuncatchable View Post
I support the President. He took the time to consider the issues before making a decision (regarding Afghanistan/Pakistan). As he was taking that time, the Republicans were complaining how he wasn't acting fast enough. Even though no troop build ups were planned until next year. Now they're happy that he's sending 30,000 more troops, but unhappy that he's also set a date for the pullout. Or they're unhappy that he's not sending more troops. Or that he's not bringing all the troops home now. Go ahead and criticize him. It makes no never mind to me.
So after 3 months of careful deliberation, this brilliant man came to the exact same conclusion the evil Bush did. Hmmm.

Notice he didn't mention victory ONCE in the speech? Loved the cadets sitting on their hands through the whole thing.

And here's how the libs really view the location of the speech:

Chris Matthews refers to it as the enemy camp. Nice.

Power Line - Obama Ventures Into the Enemy Camp
Buzglyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 08:39 AM   #9
V2Rider
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by trenttheuncatchable View Post
I support the President. He took the time to consider the issues before making a decision (regarding Afghanistan/Pakistan).
The President has been wrong on every major issue. I pray that he has made the right one here because if not he's going to get a lot of our brave men and women killed and it could prove catastrophic for our country.

I read this from the Germans this morning. The bloom is definately off the rose.

Opinion: Searching in Vain for the Obama Magic - SPIEGEL ONLINE - News - International
Old 12-02-2009, 08:41 AM   #10
V2Rider
Premium Member

Default What the left really thinks.

Here is a video of Chris Matthews calling West Point the "enemy camp".
What an A**Hole.

MSNBC - Kathryn Jean Lopez - The Corner on National Review Online