Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Other > Motorcycle.Com Lounge

Old 12-02-2009, 08:54 AM   #11
Buzglyd
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by V2Rider View Post
The President has been wrong on every major issue. I pray that he has made the right one here because if not he's going to get a lot of our brave men and women killed and it could prove catastrophic for our country.

I read this from the Germans this morning. The bloom is definately off the rose.

Opinion: Searching in Vain for the Obama Magic - SPIEGEL ONLINE - News - International
I have to agree with that analysis. It's as if he didn't even agree with his own speech.
Buzglyd is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 12-02-2009, 09:45 AM   #12
seruzawa
The Toad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzglyd View Post
So after 3 months of careful deliberation, this brilliant man came to the exact same conclusion the evil Bush did. Hmmm.

Notice he didn't mention victory ONCE in the speech? Loved the cadets sitting on their hands through the whole thing.

And here's how the libs really view the location of the speech:

Chris Matthews refers to it as the enemy camp. Nice.

Power Line - Obama Ventures Into the Enemy Camp
Don't get me started on that &%$#$%^&#$%^&N Chris Matthews. His general bad manners alone earn him a punch in the teeth. When did journalism start equating with manners that a hillybilly wouldn't tolerate? Matthews is lucky that conservatives aren't as evil and warlike as he thinks or he would have been strangled years ago just for his stinking rotten manners.

But that really shows the elitist liberal attitude. The US Army is something they see as more of an enemy than someone like Castro. No, Castro is a hero! Viva Che'! Rotten filthy narcissistic murderers, those 2. And the elitist libs with their smarmy arrogance can't help but regard the troops as stupid. As if people who can only spew time worn Marxist claptrap have two brain cells between them. Ha! I'd put the average educational level of military people against media people any day of the week.
Old 12-02-2009, 09:50 AM   #13
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

"I support the President."

Which one, Pelosi or Obama?
Old 12-02-2009, 10:50 AM   #14
seruzawa
The Toad

Quote:
Originally Posted by longride View Post
"I support the President."

Which one, Pelosi or Obama?
Imagine if Roosevelt said, "I will send anther 100,000 troops to Europe, but I will bring all troops home in 18 months."
Old 12-02-2009, 05:11 PM   #15
silentgrayfellow
Founding Member

Victory takes as long as it takes. Setting a pull-out date tells the enemy "just hang in there a bit longer, and your opponent will abandon their cause".
silentgrayfellow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 05:46 PM   #16
mscuddy
MODERATOR X

Well the frame on my $3,000.00 wheelchair just snapped about five minutes ago, and I'm stuck here at my desk until my wife gets home.

I would love to get wired up with bout 300 lbs. of C4 and wheel myself into a session of congress. That's the enemy camp boys.

Chris Matthews is a punk. Would enjoy punching his big fat face flat.

What a lousy decade. GM tanked, etc.etc.etc...and all the pundits say "it's our own fault..."

And that damned Go Devil is still all over the garage floor. Oh well, could be worse I guess...
Old 12-02-2009, 08:58 PM   #17
Barbara
Super Moderator

Hi Guys,

OK, I'm a Libertarian, neither Repub nor Demo. But you guys hit a nerve. Every time I am forced for some reason to endure more than about 20 seconds of Chris Matthews, I want to regurgitate whatever I had for lunch. God, but that man loves the sound of his own voice. He'll talk right over anyone, and be absolutely certain in his own omnipotent mind that he is the repository of all knowledge in the political Universe.

Just ask him.

I can handle Rachel Maddow. Don't always agree or disagree, but she is at least fairly polite. Her guests get to talk once in awhile.

Mainly I find it best to keep the tube turned off, and leave the stupid ranting to those who wallow in it so well......I'd rather be cold out in the shed, working on the XS or BMW---they, at least, serve a useful purpose in the Universe.

Chris Matthews........(channeling Ron White)........"and I hate his g-u-u-u-u-uts".

(Matt: Sorry to hear about that chair--is it Lucas? Amal? Either way, it sucks that it broke, and not even on a track!)

Britney the BSA
Big John the BSA
Baby B. the BSA
Gemini the BSA/Triumph
Pip the Triumph T140v--(I have "Great Expectations")
The unnamed 1979 XS 650
Jaelith the '77 XS650/sidecar
Barbara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2009, 04:00 AM   #18
schizuki
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzglyd View Post
Notice he didn't mention victory ONCE in the speech?
Word count:

I – 45

Afghanistan – 39

Victory – 0.

Bill Clinton and Chuck Schumer are praising the Supreme Court for overturning an anti-gay-marriage law that they both signed.
schizuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2009, 04:07 AM   #19
schizuki
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by trenttheuncatchable View Post
IAs he was taking that time, the Republicans were complaining how he wasn't acting fast enough. Even though no troop build ups were planned until next year.
You know it takes months to put 30,000 troops across the ocean, right? You don't just buy them all a plane ticket to Kabul.

Quote:
Now they're happy that he's sending 30,000 more troops, but unhappy that he's also set a date for the pullout.
That's like saying, "I'm happy my mechanic fixed my brakes, but unhappy he put a hole in my brake line." Crazy, huh?

Quote:
Or that he's not bringing all the troops home now.
Republicans are calling for a troop pullout? News to me.

Quote:
Go ahead and criticize him. It makes no never mind to me.
Nor does logic and reality, apparently.

Bill Clinton and Chuck Schumer are praising the Supreme Court for overturning an anti-gay-marriage law that they both signed.
schizuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2009, 12:44 PM   #20
DeadJet
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by seruzawa View Post
This is always the way of it. Everyone will say how much they support the troops. And they probably do..... as long as they don't actually have to DO anything. Heaven forbid anyone gives up the price of a six pack once a month to help any of these guys.
That's part of what shocked me about this campaign. It doesn't cost a dime and takes about 15 seconds. Dems or Repub, whatever you are, I'm fine with you if you're a patriot. It's this apathetic shrug-off mentality that really eats me up.
DeadJet is offline   Reply With Quote