Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Other > Motorcycle.Com Lounge

Old 11-21-2009, 06:53 PM   #11
sarnali2
Aging Cafe` Racer

I was thinking of buying a 1911 for myself with my Union won signing bonus, I bought a new microwave instead.......does that make me gay?

"He said he's farting because of his medication"...
sarnali2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 11-21-2009, 07:26 PM   #12
schizuki
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pushrod View Post
demotivational poster .45 ACP Because no matter how you try to rationalize it, the .22 is still for women and pansies.

I'm still looking for the other one, "45 ACP - Because shooting twice is silly!"
How about, "Why do I carry a .45? Because they don't make a .46."

Bill Clinton and Chuck Schumer are praising the Supreme Court for overturning an anti-gay-marriage law that they both signed.
schizuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2009, 07:28 PM   #13
schizuki
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by seruzawa View Post
I like the 1911s. They win a lot of national competitions. But unless you are going to be in a totally controlled situation with judges and an audience handy I prefer what the Seals carry.
Ah, Heckler & Koch. For the mall ninja and Rogue Spear player in all of us.

Bill Clinton and Chuck Schumer are praising the Supreme Court for overturning an anti-gay-marriage law that they both signed.
Old 11-21-2009, 08:32 PM   #14
newagetwotone
Registered Member

I love Penny-Arcade, I love this one:

Sort of makes me think of kpaul...

edit: Ya know its really frustrating that if the word F*CK or any other "Baaaad word" is in a link that the board wont let the image appear....
newagetwotone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2009, 10:35 PM   #15
mscuddy
MODERATOR X

Whan I was in rehab some poor bastard was paralyzed from the chest down because one of his buddies shot him in the back with a .22 Marlin auto-loader, that the bolt got stuck open on, and when it slammed shut it cooked off a round. Marlin tube-fed autoloader rifles are the worst. Soft aluminum bolt carrier in a cheezy steel receiver. The bolt action ones work good though.

I was out in the low desert today with the mighty FN49. I use to subscribe to this magazine named "Firepower" that had all kinds of neat articles, one was how to modify a BAR mag to fit in an FN49. The BAR mag even has this little notch cut out of the rib where the two parts are stamped together, that snaps right in the fixed magazine well of the FN...like it was made for it...strange, eh? Looks like a M14 now.
Old 11-22-2009, 09:09 AM   #16
Barbara
Super Moderator

A .22 is for women? I have a .44......does that make me twins?

Didn't Browning invent that terrible "Potato Digger" LMG that would dig a trench if you fired it too close to the ground?

I like .45 ACP. My father carried a Thompson as a WWII Seabee, and always told us of the short-range stopping power of the round. Although it's kind of fun to step to the line and rack off 17 9mm rounds into a target, as quickly as you can pull the trigger.....

Personally, I favor a flint Pennsy rifle. Think about it: with a mold and some lead, and the knowledge of how to mix saltpeter, charcoal and sulphur, they can go ahead and pass all the laws they want: doesn't matter, because you never have to go near a store.

Guns: where else can you learn responsibility, have fun, and blast things into little pieces??

Britney the BSA
Big John the BSA
Baby B. the BSA
Gemini the BSA/Triumph
Pip the Triumph T140v--(I have "Great Expectations")
The unnamed 1979 XS 650
Jaelith the '77 XS650/sidecar
Barbara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 10:33 AM   #17
mscuddy
MODERATOR X

That was the Colt Mod. 1895A. A very reliable weapon that had a slow cyclic rate of 400 rpm to keep it cool. The term "potato Digger" came from when the gun was fired from the ground, and the lever action dug up some dirt. It was the first design of a belt fed machine gun besides the Maxim, and supplanted the Gattling Gun in the Spanish American War as the adopted single barrel machine gun.
Old 11-23-2009, 12:18 PM   #18
pushrod
Founding Member

Seruzawa,

I went to my local shop/range and tried to wrap my hand around the grip of a H&K Tactical Mk23 yesterday. With that double-stack magwell, I couldn't get a good handful. Purty piece, though!

They had a Kimber 'Grand Raptor' there, and a couple of Eclipse's. I managed not to embarrass myself. Too much.

I have become -
Comfortably Numb.
pushrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 09:51 PM   #19
schizuki
Founding Member

Saw a new Hi-Power on the toy store shelf today. Honest-to-God blued with walnut grips. What a beauty. Wish I had $895 to drop.

And yeah, I know Dieudonne Saive probably had more to do with it than JMB. So what. Even if it has only a trace of Browning's DNA in it, it's blessed.

Quite a lot of nice toys in stock. A couple of Thompson semi-autos, a new M-1 Carbine, a Ruger Mini-14 compact on sale for $650, some Stoeger coach guns, some gorgeous USFA single-actions, a tasty looking Marlin .44 Magnum Cowboy with octagon barrel. Probably nothing interesting to all you Splinter Cell combat Tupperware Richard Marcinko groupies. I think they had a few shelves full of all that plastical stuff, but all I saw was a big black ugly blur where some blue steel and wood should have been. I think I might have seen a 6.8 SPC Tactical Response SOCOM Operator Elite Quad-Rail M7900 Combat Rifle System with Tritium Laser Foregrips, though.

Now this is my idea of a "tactical" rifle (scroll over the "Circassian" model description.)

Old 11-24-2009, 06:34 AM   #20
seruzawa
The Toad

Quote:
Originally Posted by pushrod View Post
Seruzawa,

I went to my local shop/range and tried to wrap my hand around the grip of a H&K Tactical Mk23 yesterday. With that double-stack magwell, I couldn't get a good handful. Purty piece, though!

They had a Kimber 'Grand Raptor' there, and a couple of Eclipse's. I managed not to embarrass myself. Too much.
Take a look at the Springfield Armory XDM. My brother bought one in .45ACP. Fairly light, it shoots amazingly softly for a .45ACP. Far less brutal than the 1911. It shoots about as softly as my Ruger P-90 but is noticeably lighter. I don't know how they did it but I'm considering one for myself.