Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Other > Motorcycle.Com Lounge

Old 11-20-2009, 10:13 AM   #1
schizuki
Founding Member

Default "Hide the decline"

Here's that Global Warming hackery I mentioned in another thread.

Some money quotes:

"I’ve just completed Mike’s Nature trick of adding in the real temps to each series for the last 20 years (ie from 1981 onwards) and from 1961 for Keith’s to hide the decline."

"Here are some speculations on correcting SSTs to partly explain the 1940s warming blip. If you look at the attached plot you will see that the land also shows the 1940s blip (as I’m sure you know).
So, if we could reduce the ocean blip by, say, 0.15 degC, then this would be significant for the global mean – but we’d still have to explain the land blip... It would be good to remove at least part of the 1940s blip, but we are still left with “why the blip”.

Seruzawa's right, though - NASA nutjob James Hansen's data was shown to be wrong, and that changed nothing. Temperature monitoring stations were shown to have hot AC exhausts blowing on them, and that changed nothing. Mann's hockey stick was thoroughly debunked, and that changed nothing. So I can't see data-cooking causing much of a stir with the congregation.

Still - this is so delicious, it must be fattening...

Bill Clinton and Chuck Schumer are praising the Supreme Court for overturning an anti-gay-marriage law that they both signed.
schizuki is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 11-20-2009, 10:33 AM   #2
sarnali2
Aging Cafe` Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by schizuki View Post
Here's that Global Warming hackery I mentioned in another thread.

So I can't see data-cooking causing much of a stir with the congregation.

Still - this is so delicious, it must be fattening...
Oh go ahead, Indulge! There's plenty more where that came from

"He said he's farting because of his medication"...
sarnali2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2009, 02:54 PM   #3
The_AirHawk
Founding Member

Searchable list of the CRU emails: Alleged CRU Emails - Searchable
Let them hate so long as they fear
политики предпочитают безоружных крестьян
Politicians Prefer Unarmed Peasants
Nothing to see here, Citizen. Move along now...
The_AirHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2009, 07:27 PM   #4
tripleripple
Founding Member

Location: Lightly Fortified Compound (apartment): Chicago, IL

Climategate: the final nail in the coffin of ‘Anthropogenic Global Warming’? – Telegraph Blogs

This via RCP. Love the email stating (paraphrased): Hey so and so, can you delete all your emails about such and such. Also, pass the word along to whosit to delete his emails about it too. We are already asking Tom, Richard, and Harry to delete their emails about this stuff too. You know, wouldn't want word to get out.

Alas, the general can't-tell-their-ass-from-a-hole-in-the-ground public won't get even the slightest wind of this.

In my book, any government-funded agency/study/report with "cooked books" like this = guility of fraud. It's white collar crime, plain and simple.

Last edited by tripleripple : 11-20-2009 at 07:31 PM. Reason: my grandfather, without whom I would undoubtedly be in jail, was named ****. ****ing stupid pet**** filter needs to grow up.
tripleripple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2009, 06:37 AM   #5
seruzawa
The Toad

Quote:
Originally Posted by tripleripple View Post
Climategate: the final nail in the coffin of ‘Anthropogenic Global Warming’? – Telegraph Blogs

This via RCP. Love the email stating (paraphrased): Hey so and so, can you delete all your emails about such and such. Also, pass the word along to whosit to delete his emails about it too. We are already asking Tom, Richard, and Harry to delete their emails about this stuff too. You know, wouldn't want word to get out.

Alas, the general can't-tell-their-ass-from-a-hole-in-the-ground public won't get even the slightest wind of this.

In my book, any government-funded agency/study/report with "cooked books" like this = guility of fraud. It's white collar crime, plain and simple.
Actually if these people are under Federal grants then the laws on fraud waste and abuse would apply. However those laws are seldom applied or else we would see the corporate boards of most drug companies and the associated FDA regulators in jail. Those laws are only for low level little people, y' know.