Motorcycle Forum

Motorcycle Forum (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/)
-   Motorcycle.Com Lounge (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycle-com-lounge/)
-   -   "Hide the decline" (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycle-com-lounge/13741-hide-decline.html)

schizuki 11-20-2009 10:13 AM

"Hide the decline"

Here's that Global Warming hackery I mentioned in another thread.

Some money quotes:

"I’ve just completed Mike’s Nature trick of adding in the real temps to each series for the last 20 years (ie from 1981 onwards) and from 1961 for Keith’s to hide the decline."

"Here are some speculations on correcting SSTs to partly explain the 1940s warming blip. If you look at the attached plot you will see that the land also shows the 1940s blip (as I’m sure you know).
So, if we could reduce the ocean blip by, say, 0.15 degC, then this would be significant for the global mean – but we’d still have to explain the land blip... It would be good to remove at least part of the 1940s blip, but we are still left with “why the blip”.

Seruzawa's right, though - NASA nutjob James Hansen's data was shown to be wrong, and that changed nothing. Temperature monitoring stations were shown to have hot AC exhausts blowing on them, and that changed nothing. Mann's hockey stick was thoroughly debunked, and that changed nothing. So I can't see data-cooking causing much of a stir with the congregation.

Still - this is so delicious, it must be fattening...

sarnali2 11-20-2009 10:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by schizuki (Post 228535)
Here's that Global Warming hackery I mentioned in another thread.

So I can't see data-cooking causing much of a stir with the congregation.

Still - this is so delicious, it must be fattening...

Oh go ahead, Indulge! There's plenty more where that came from

The_AirHawk 11-20-2009 02:54 PM

Searchable list of the CRU emails: Alleged CRU Emails - Searchable

tripleripple 11-20-2009 07:27 PM

Climategate: the final nail in the coffin of ‘Anthropogenic Global Warming’? – Telegraph Blogs

This via RCP. Love the email stating (paraphrased): Hey so and so, can you delete all your emails about such and such. Also, pass the word along to whosit to delete his emails about it too. We are already asking Tom, Richard, and Harry to delete their emails about this stuff too. You know, wouldn't want word to get out.

Alas, the general can't-tell-their-ass-from-a-hole-in-the-ground public won't get even the slightest wind of this.

In my book, any government-funded agency/study/report with "cooked books" like this = guility of fraud. It's white collar crime, plain and simple.

seruzawa 11-21-2009 06:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tripleripple (Post 228565)
Climategate: the final nail in the coffin of ‘Anthropogenic Global Warming’? – Telegraph Blogs

This via RCP. Love the email stating (paraphrased): Hey so and so, can you delete all your emails about such and such. Also, pass the word along to whosit to delete his emails about it too. We are already asking Tom, Richard, and Harry to delete their emails about this stuff too. You know, wouldn't want word to get out.

Alas, the general can't-tell-their-ass-from-a-hole-in-the-ground public won't get even the slightest wind of this.

In my book, any government-funded agency/study/report with "cooked books" like this = guility of fraud. It's white collar crime, plain and simple.

Actually if these people are under Federal grants then the laws on fraud waste and abuse would apply. However those laws are seldom applied or else we would see the corporate boards of most drug companies and the associated FDA regulators in jail. Those laws are only for low level little people, y' know.