Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Other > Motorcycle.Com Lounge

Old 11-19-2009, 03:25 PM   #1
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

Default The chickens came home...

...to ROOST! I guess the people that are for taxing the rich don't like it too much themselves.

University of Calif. approves big fee hikes | Finance News | Comcast.net

Sucks when what you believe hits you right in the pie hole, eh?

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 11-19-2009, 04:02 PM   #2
Buzglyd
Founding Member

and of course the whiny little students rioted.
Buzglyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2009, 04:35 PM   #3
seruzawa
The Toad

Just think about all those poor school system employees who might have to get real jobs if massive tuition charges aren't approved. Why, they might have to do something of worth to get a paycheck. This is too much to expect of lifelong suckers of the public teat.... the govt employee. And professors might have to teach more than 2 hours a week! Horrors!

Those students must just learn now that their only purpose in life is to feed the maw of govt. All hail the govt and free health care!
Old 11-20-2009, 09:13 AM   #4
sarnali2
Aging Cafe` Racer

My heart goes out to that poor pre-law student who may have to (gasp) go to community college.....What's next? getting a job and actually supporting herself????? The horror...the horror.....

As to the State of Kalifornia...you did it to yourselves chum, remember all those "Peoples Initiatives" to cut taxes? this is where it got you, I think Amy Lee says it best, or at least the best looking.....

YouTube - Evanescence - "Going Under" Official Video

"He said he's farting because of his medication"...
sarnali2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2009, 09:34 AM   #5
seruzawa
The Toad

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarnali2 View Post
My heart goes out to that poor pre-law student who may have to (gasp) go to community college.....What's next? getting a job and actually supporting herself????? The horror...the horror.....

As to the State of Kalifornia...you did it to yourselves chum, remember all those "Peoples Initiatives" to cut taxes? this is where it got you, I think Amy Lee says it best, or at least the best looking.....

YouTube - Evanescence - "Going Under" Official Video
Well, actually Kalif is like New York. Their tax rates are so high that raising them doesn't bring in more money. Kalif has a 10% sales tax now! Activity shifts and the State ends up with the same maximum revenue. As time passes the revenue begins to go down because business and people flee the State. NY has lost a million residents in the last few years. Major businesses are relocating their headquarters away from Kalif and NY in a veritable flood. Tax revenues go down and so the idiot politicians raise taxes again which drives more people and business from the State. This is a simple relationship that anyone except a politician or left-winger can understand.

Last edited by seruzawa : 11-20-2009 at 09:37 AM.
seruzawa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2009, 10:27 AM   #6
sarnali2
Aging Cafe` Racer

We're in the upper 9's here though it varies by county. We have no State Income Tax though so I suppose that makes a difference.

Realistically between the sales tax, property tax, B&O tax, Licensing tax and a million different "user fees" we'd probably be better off with a flat rate state income tax. Of course living in The Peoples Democratic Republic of Seattle has it's benifits like free methadone and AIDS Needle Exchange vans parked next to the elementry schools with free condoms for the kiddies while they're taught about little Timmy who has Two Daddies......

They even changed the name of King County which was named after Rufus D King, an original settler who once had (gasp) a slave to M.L.King County who never set foot within a 1000 miles of the place, nor do we have a large Black population here. The went so far as to change the symbol of Metro King County from a stylized crown they've used forever to a postage stamp like visage of Dr. M.L. King in profile that quite frankly makes him look like a peeping tom......all at tax payers expense.

Good ol' White Guilt, I know I feel better.....

"He said he's farting because of his medication"...
sarnali2 is offline   Reply With Quote