Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Other > Motorcycle.Com Lounge

Old 11-09-2009, 02:25 PM   #11
Kenneth_Moore
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzglyd View Post
Well at least that cleared up what they were hoping for.

My Lauderdale trip is a quicky. Don't know yet if I'll have time for a beer.
You never call, you never write. I HAVE NO SON!!!

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 11-10-2009, 04:41 AM   #12
pplassm
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by schizuki View Post
All right, same campaign, ya hair-splitter.
Sorry. It was literally drummed into my head.
Old 11-10-2009, 07:26 AM   #13
pushrod
Founding Member

I just finished "John M. Browning - American Gunmaker".

Fascinating book, and written in a 'folksey' manner. I thoroughly enjoyed it.

The guy was a freakin' genius with firearms...

I have become -
Comfortably Numb.
pushrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009, 07:51 AM   #14
seruzawa
The Toad

Avoid "Son of the Morning Star" by Evan Connell. Purported to be a history of Custer and Little Bighorn it's disjointed and jumps around in non-chronological fashion. Oh yeah, in spite of their slight flaw of torturing everyone who wasn't from their tribe the Sioux were really a superior culture... yada yada... all the white people are evil..... yada yada... Connell knows this because he saw a photo of Major Benteen once... yada yada....
Old 11-10-2009, 08:02 AM   #15
Kenneth_Moore
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pushrod View Post

I thought it was pretty interesting how a couple of gangsters with a BAR could literally shoot their way out of a bad spot with the cops in the '30's. Pretty terrifying for the poor cops to be out there with a six-shooter and some criminal is hosing the street with 45 cal. I went up to Palm Beach a few weekends ago to one of the night-life areas and the cops were walking around with SIG and other full-autos, dressed in super-chic paramilitary BDUs. SEXY...HOT HOT HOT they were!
Old 11-10-2009, 09:00 AM   #16
The_AirHawk
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pushrod View Post

And would be considered a Crackpot-Gun-Freak-Neo-Nazi-Quasi-Domestic-Terrorist, by today's standards.
Let them hate so long as they fear
политики предпочитают безоружных крестьян
Politicians Prefer Unarmed Peasants
Nothing to see here, Citizen. Move along now...
The_AirHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009, 09:17 AM   #17
seruzawa
The Toad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenneth_Moore View Post
I thought it was pretty interesting how a couple of gangsters with a BAR could literally shoot their way out of a bad spot with the cops in the '30's. Pretty terrifying for the poor cops to be out there with a six-shooter and some criminal is hosing the street with 45 cal. I went up to Palm Beach a few weekends ago to one of the night-life areas and the cops were walking around with SIG and other full-autos, dressed in super-chic paramilitary BDUs. SEXY...HOT HOT HOT they were!
Pretty sexy until you remember that they are itching to "use" all that gear. Play soldier but without any real risks. Pretty cool.

If there aren't any AK-47 armed criminals around I guess Pop's Orchid Shop will do.
Old 11-10-2009, 09:53 AM   #18
schizuki
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenneth_Moore View Post
I went up to Palm Beach a few weekends ago to one of the night-life areas and the cops were walking around with SIG and other full-autos, dressed in super-chic paramilitary BDUs. SEXY...HOT HOT HOT they were!
For all of the fictional boogeyman people in this country fear, few seem the least concerned about our militarized police forces and their nighttime commando assaults.

SWAT - SEAL Wannabees Autofellating Tactically. Then you've got the regular cops who are SWAT-ting up, making them SWAT wannabees, which is one degree sadder and more dangerous. Then you've got regular folks who buy "tactical" clothes and AR-15s with "coyote" furniture, making them SEAL Wannabees twice removed, which is just sad, because they're even fatter than the cops.

Bill Clinton and Chuck Schumer are praising the Supreme Court for overturning an anti-gay-marriage law that they both signed.
schizuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009, 10:46 AM   #19
mscuddy
MODERATOR X

Default Blm Level 4 Rangers

Have a 92F sidearm & an AR15 in their SUV's now. No more telling them to go arrest a tree. Last time I was out at El Mirage when I could still ride, we were having a tall cool one after a long ride, but didn't know we were under the heavy lenses of some BLM Nazi & his new police powers.

So this a hole rolls into the middle of camp, and exits with one hand on his pistol, the other hooked in his gunbelt. He then tells us that drinking beer and riding is a violation, and if he wanted, he could wait until we left camp on our bikes, pull us over and adminster a sobriety test.

Now if this was just a scant few years ago, we all would have laughed and told him to f*ck himself, but those days are gone.

I'm sure some poor dirt biker will run afoul of this idiot, and end up paying for some minor infraction with his life.

Personally I would love to sit on top of Shadow Mountain with my FN49 and make that BLM Nazi dance...and that's what it's coming down to.
Old 11-10-2009, 11:00 AM   #20
Kenneth_Moore
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by schizuki View Post
For all of the fictional boogeyman people in this country fear, few seem the least concerned about our militarized police forces and their nighttime commando assaults.

SWAT - SEAL Wannabees Autofellating Tactically. Then you've got the regular cops who are SWAT-ting up, making them SWAT wannabees, which is one degree sadder and more dangerous. Then you've got regular folks who buy "tactical" clothes and AR-15s with "coyote" furniture, making them SEAL Wannabees twice removed, which is just sad, because they're even fatter than the cops.
When the first SWAT team was proposed in LA, it drew a firestorm of controversy. Many leading police authorities, civil leaders, and the like were vehemently opposed to the militarization of the police force. They felt that this would further alienate the police from the citizenry, as well as be wasteful in that they are so rarely used. Interestingly, this was one of those issues that had hard-core liberals and conservatives on the same side, albeit for widely divergent reasons. The only group really pushing the idea was the LA police executive cadre; who quietly said it was needed due to the large number of "whack-job veterans returning from Vietnam", who they implied were a dangerous threat thanks to the combination of their military training and uncontrollable violent urges. Their real reasons were probably more budget and power...