Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Other > Motorcycle.Com Lounge

Old 11-02-2009, 11:06 AM   #1
Kenneth_Moore
Registered Member

Default Dell Sucks

About 3 weeks ago I ordered a PS3 from Dell for the youngster. It's easy to shop online and I get a GE discount, so the price was good. As I was ordering, I got on a chat session and got the model and accessories configured. The chat concluded with a guy calling me to "confirm" the order. He then sent me an email with a URL to complete the order. I browsed the URL and could not get it to work, so I decided to just order it with the part numbers I wrote down.

About a week later, two boxes from Dell arrived, containing identical PS3s. Ok, no big deal, maybe the processes "crossed," I'll just get in touch with Dell and arrange a return. Hah haha hahahaha...you FOOL!!!

I started online with the web pages, dutifully filling out return forms, etc. After about a week of that, I got an email from somebody saying they'd be happy to help, just respond to this email. I never got a response. Today I decided to call. After working through an endless stream of agents and transfers, I finally got THE RETURN LADY.

"Hello, my name is Mahatma Garnish, how can I help you?"

I'd like to return the extra PS3.

"Why, are you not happy with it?"

No, it's a duplicate order. I only wanted one.

"I can offer you a discount of $20 and you will avoid the restocking fee if you keep it."

How much is the restocking fee?

"I can offer you a $30 discount if you keep it."

I could decide better if I knew the restocking fee. By the way, why are you charging me for your mistake?

"If you keep it I can offer you a $40 discount. Or you could order something else for the same amount and return it for free."

HOW MUCH IS THE RESTOCKING FEE?

"It's $45. Today is your last day to return it."

Ok, I'll pay the fee. How do I return it?

"Let me check on the details for you." CLICK.

Called back...4 transfers to different staffers...still on hold...dreaming of how I'm going to hunt down Michael Dell and urinate on his shoes. I figure if he's going to piss on me, I'll return the favor.

Last edited by Kenneth_Moore : 11-02-2009 at 11:13 AM.
Kenneth_Moore is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 11-02-2009, 11:14 AM   #2
seruzawa
The Toad

I've been building my own desktop computers since 1992. All AMD's since 1995. Cheaper and better. Not hard at all either. I deal with a small local computer club store. I can drive there with the computer if I have a problem and they look at it while I'm there. I can't imagine why anyone would deal with the big online stores for computers.
Old 11-02-2009, 11:18 AM   #3
12er
Founding Member

Think Dell is bad, try HP. Since we switched the Hardware failure rate is obscene. Since you didnt order the second one contact your CC company and dispute the charge. I just had to pay $165 for a refurbished ps3 as my disk drive went out. Now my Logitech harmony adapter wont connect to the new OS and logitech is ignoring me. So I feel your pain, only less so as the harmony adapter is only $70.

Last edited by 12er : 11-02-2009 at 11:21 AM.
12er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 12:08 PM   #4
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

Imagine that I had to deal with them almost daily at my last job. We were a Dell reseller, so at least I got PC's real cheap. The complaints about their service were so bad that I got to use the US customer service, so I didn't get 'Bob' from Banglore who would say 'Thank You' every 5 words.
Old 11-02-2009, 12:14 PM   #5
acecycleins
Founding Member

Ken- take the $45 and sell me the PS3 for the difference.
Old 11-02-2009, 12:20 PM   #6
Kenneth_Moore
Registered Member

I don't have any problem with the computers, I use them every day and they're fine. The XPS I have at home has been running 4 years, night and day, still fine.

But the customer service..damn, it reminds me of that old AOL "cancel my subscription" tape they used to play. What a pack of assholes they are.
Old 11-02-2009, 12:27 PM   #7
Kenneth_Moore
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by acecycleins View Post
Ken- take the $45 and sell me the PS3 for the difference.
Aw crap...I just got the RMA. There is NO WAY IN HELL I am calling them back, even for a pal like you. Tell you what, I'll sell it to you for $45 less than I bought it for just because you're a great guy. You pay shipping.
Old 11-02-2009, 12:28 PM   #8
12er
Founding Member

Seems everyone but the fruit company sent their consumer support over seas. Though mention M$ to the fruit company Genus's and they mumble like they were over seas then tell you they have no suggestions.

Word of advice, keep your PS3 in a well ventilated area and free from dust. They run hot and you'll hear the fan kick up quick if its in a rack with limited air flow. Great toy though, Blu Ray, share out your Media player on your pc and it will link wireless and play all your tunes. Guess Netflix will be available in about 6 months, till then they are going to setup a disk that you can throw in to load the software to stream netflix like the 360 currently does as a temp work around.
12er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 12:44 PM   #9
The_AirHawk
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12er View Post
Seems everyone but the fruit company sent their consumer support over seas. Though mention M$ to the fruit company Genus's and they mumble like they were over seas then tell you they have no suggestions.

Word of advice, keep your PS3 in a well ventilated area and free from dust. They run hot and you'll hear the fan kick up quick if its in a rack with limited air flow. Great toy though, Blu Ray, share out your Media player on your pc and it will link wireless and play all your tunes. Guess Netflix will be available in about 6 months, till then they are going to setup a disk that you can throw in to load the software to stream netflix like the 360 currently does as a temp work around.
Huh? I'm already streaming Netflix via the "Living Room" PC - straight to the TV. I don't actually watch any "TV" anymore - just stream movies. Sort of a "On Demand" without paying every time, and about 40,000-times more selection than any Cable channel.........
Let them hate so long as they fear
политики предпочитают безоружных крестьян
Politicians Prefer Unarmed Peasants
Nothing to see here, Citizen. Move along now...
The_AirHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 01:15 PM   #10
sarnali2
Aging Cafe` Racer

Ummm....I have a Windows XP........

You guys lost me from the start, I still can barely get around a computer after all these years. No real interest + an inability to deal with a lot of bullsh*t has left me on the fringes......Have fun storming the castle!!!

"He said he's farting because of his medication"...
sarnali2 is offline   Reply With Quote