Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Other > Motorcycle.Com Lounge

Old 11-02-2009, 01:26 PM   #11
Kenneth_Moore
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarnali2 View Post
Ummm....I have a Windows XP........

You guys lost me from the start!
Reminds me of my stock answer when somebody asked if I played an instrument: "yeah, my stereo."

It's all 0's and 1's Snarli, nothing to it at all.

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 11-02-2009, 02:10 PM   #12
12er
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_AirHawk View Post
Huh? I'm already streaming Netflix via the "Living Room" PC - straight to the TV. I don't actually watch any "TV" anymore - just stream movies. Sort of a "On Demand" without paying every time, and about 40,000-times more selection than any Cable channel.........
The streaming is pretty cool, too bad its mostly older movies at this stage with netflix. Though thats all I watched when I went to WSB at Miller. Motel TV sux so I just streamed some old flicks and used my blu toof stereo headset to free me from the headphone cable and crappy stock speaker.

I wish for cable a la cart as we finally updated to digital cable and a dreaded box, now we have a couple hundred channels full of nothing to watch. At least the DVR is cool for snagging WRC, Isle of Man, or FIM speedway off HD Theater channel. My old roommate and I did the low tech solution of no cable for 2 years one time, only bought cheap vhs or rented for video entertainment. Got our news off the net so it really wasnt that hard. Well other than no speed TV, that sucked.
12er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 02:30 PM   #13
acecycleins
Founding Member

Well Ken, I wanted it until 8 mins ago when my daughter called and said someone hit her car in the KSU parking deck and left. I have a $1000 deductible on her car. Sorry, but I'll ask Kristy if she wants it when I see her if you want.
Old 11-02-2009, 02:55 PM   #14
Kenneth_Moore
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by acecycleins View Post
Well Ken, I wanted it until 8 mins ago when my daughter called and said someone hit her car in the KSU parking deck and left. I have a $1000 deductible on her car. Sorry, but I'll ask Kristy if she wants it when I see her if you want.
Nah, I'll just send it back to Dull. I wish I could get Elvis the Cat to pee on the packing materials before I send it.
Old 11-02-2009, 02:58 PM   #15
Kenneth_Moore
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveSpeed View Post
Get a job you pot-smoking hippie! REAL men use Windows.
Old 11-02-2009, 04:58 PM   #16
Buzglyd
Founding Member

That's funny seeing your post cuz I just got back from the Apple Store where a friend of mine just ditched her Dell.

You can actually walk into a store and speak to a real human being when you need customer service and his name is not Hjohnnieh.
Buzglyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 06:30 PM   #17
Kenneth_Moore
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveSpeed View Post
I was just going to mention that. My problem is I end up buying stuff every time I go to the Apple store . Fortunately my Mac is rock solid I haven't had to bring it to the store ever. Never had it lock up or crash. At work I have to use a Dell laptop. I am on my third mother board and 2nd hard drive with the Dell oh and the machine locks up sometimes (at least once a week).
Yeah and we LIKE it that way. If it was easy anybody could do it. You punks just want the whole world handed to you on a silver platter.
Old 11-03-2009, 10:59 AM   #18
12er
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenneth_Moore View Post
Yeah and we LIKE it that way. If it was easy anybody could do it. You punks just want the whole world handed to you on a silver platter.
Keeps me employed. The thing with the Macs is if you need to fix it, you cant. Well the new IMacs need specialized suction cups to get to the screws that hold the case together. I had a power supply pop on one and if it was a pc I would of grabbed the HD and moved it to a new machine and had the user up in seconds. Instead had to wait 3 days for a tech to show with the magic suction cups. Additionally since they went intel I'm getting more hardware failures. The spinning beach ball of doom is happening on many of my macbook pro's too. They are good for personal or design work but in a microsoft market they dont like to play very well. Sure are pretty though.
12er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 11:16 AM   #19
seruzawa
The Toad

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12er View Post
Keeps me employed. The thing with the Macs is if you need to fix it, you cant. Well the new IMacs need specialized suction cups to get to the screws that hold the case together. I had a power supply pop on one and if it was a pc I would of grabbed the HD and moved it to a new machine and had the user up in seconds. Instead had to wait 3 days for a tech to show with the magic suction cups. Additionally since they went intel I'm getting more hardware failures. The spinning beach ball of doom is happening on many of my macbook pro's too. They are good for personal or design work but in a microsoft market they dont like to play very well. Sure are pretty though.
I've used pcs and macs and amd and intel and I'm very happy with azus motherboards and amd processors with XP. I don't see the mac advantage of stability to be much of an advantage any more. Certainly not worth the extra $ since my computer does what I want it to do reliably. Now, mention Vista and you have an entire different can of worms.
Old 11-03-2009, 11:34 AM   #20
Kenneth_Moore
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12er View Post
Instead had to wait 3 days for a tech to show with the magic suction cups.
So, where can a single guy buy these magic suction cups?