Motorcycle Forum

Motorcycle Forum (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/)
-   Motorcycle.Com Lounge (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycle-com-lounge/)
-   -   Fyi (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycle-com-lounge/13467-fyi.html)

seruzawa 10-27-2009 09:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 12er (Post 226969)
Well here in CA the print shop would be getting sued, and would more than likely be paying out.

Well, that's probably true everywhere in the USA. So people shouldn't complain about so many businesses moving overseas where there aren't so many self-entitled moochers, i.e. lawyers. They also shouldn't complain about high costs due to insurance premiums. In the end we are the ones who pay while a handful of lawyers clean up.

12er 10-27-2009 02:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by longride (Post 226970)
I hope you don't wonder why businesses close up shop here and move out of the country.

I ran a sole proprietor here in CA, for one year... Wasnt worth it. That was back when those Pro Biz guys were in charge not these pesky socialists. I didnt make enough money to be able to hide it, so they took most of it. That and due to a preexisting condition I couldn't get health care for less than $1000 a month. So back to work for the Man.

So I'll ask yet again, who's da person come 2012? Neither side has us in mind so any suggestions? Guess it will be another douche vs. turd sandwich which leaves us moaning another 4 years. At least if its a D you guys will have something to post about as these board were quiet for the last 8 years (well other than KP, guess someone had to fill his shoes). Guess that's a bright spot, something to do while our bikes sit idle.

longride 10-27-2009 06:22 PM

By 2012 it won't really matter much, if at all. After your boy tripled the national debt in 9 months, is going to spend another trillion 'reforming' health care, and add in the cap and trade B.S. to fight Global Warmi....err Climate Change that doesn't exist, and we will be fresh out of bullets.....and money. Why do you think gun and ammo sales are at record highs?

seruzawa 10-27-2009 08:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 12er (Post 226993)
So I'll ask yet again, who's da person come 2012? Neither side has us in mind so any suggestions?

How many elections have you been through? We won't even be able to guess until after the 2010 elections. By then we might recover or we might be in hype-inflation. If we recover Zero gets re-elected. If we get hyper-inflation we get whoever the Pubes put forth. Or even a third party
flyer could throw it into a tizzy.

Could be anyone. Remember the "inevitable" Giuliani/Hillary race we were supposed to see? Some clown might come out of nowhere. Like Obama did.

schizuki 10-28-2009 04:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by longride (Post 226970)
I hope you don't wonder why businesses close up shop here and move out of the country.

My shop may be closing next week after OSHA finishes their report. 200 employees out in the cold.

Oh, and BTW, in the 13 years I've been there, nobody's ever gotten hurt. But thanks for protecting me, Big Daddy Gummint.

longride 10-28-2009 05:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by schizuki (Post 227015)
My shop may be closing next week after OSHA finishes their report. 200 employees out in the cold.

Oh, and BTW, in the 13 years I've been there, nobody's ever gotten hurt. But thanks for protecting me, Big Daddy Gummint.


Don't worry. Lots of people in the U.S. rooted for your company to fail and they are happy now, and you can take some solice in the fact that 200 more Mexicans or 200 more Chinese will now have jobs. We have 12 million illegal immigrants that have jobs, and 24 million citizens that are out of work. Anybody see anything wrong with that picture?

longride 10-28-2009 05:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 12er (Post 226917)
So if your attacked on the job by your coworker the company is exempt, cool. If your kid does something while under your charge, your exempt, cool. Yet if your dog bites someone your liable. Or is that only here in CA?


How about this:

Calif. town rattled by alleged rape of girl, 15 | National News | Comcast.net

Time to sue the parents, teachers, school administration, and the city?

seruzawa 10-28-2009 06:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by longride (Post 227019)
How about this:

Calif. town rattled by alleged rape of girl, 15 | National News | Comcast.net

Time to sue the parents, teachers, school administration, and the city?

Kids are raised and educated with all the modern precepts of psychology and we are surprised that the youth act like animals?

How great that we replaced God with psychology. How's that working out for the schools?

longride 10-28-2009 06:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by seruzawa (Post 227023)
Kids are raised and educated with all the modern precepts of psychology and we are surprised that the youth act like animals?

How great that we replaced God with psychology. How's that working out for the schools?


It takes a village to raise a child, kids really don't need fathers, kids are just little adults, never spank a child, the traditional family unit isn't necessary. Can it get any dumber?

seruzawa 10-28-2009 06:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by longride (Post 227026)
It takes a village to raise a child, kids really don't need fathers, kids are just little adults, never spank a child, the traditional family unit isn't necessary. Can it get any dumber?

It's too insane to be dumb. No, it's purposeful societal destruction by a very vicious profession.


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:28 PM.