Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Other > Motorcycle.Com Lounge

Old 10-30-2009, 03:24 PM   #91
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

"I was rooting for letting it fail mainly due to not wanting to support a company that turns out crappy products."

So you were rooting for it to fail becuase you didn't like their products. Interesting.

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 10-30-2009, 03:25 PM   #92
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

"Got it.."

If you say so........but you really don't.
Old 10-30-2009, 03:42 PM   #93
The_AirHawk
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by longride View Post
"I was rooting for letting it fail mainly due to not wanting to support a company that turns out crappy products."

So you were rooting for it to fail becuase you didn't like their products. Interesting.
I loved Chrysler. GM, not so much. But hardly wanted either of them to fail. Now, looking at what they've become in just a few short months - I almost wish they had. Better Dead and Fondly Remembered, than keeping a withered, rotting corpse propped-up in the corner like some macabre parody of life..........
Let them hate so long as they fear
политики предпочитают безоружных крестьян
Politicians Prefer Unarmed Peasants
Nothing to see here, Citizen. Move along now...
The_AirHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 04:39 PM   #94
12er
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by seruzawa View Post
Don't waste your time. The defining characteristic of a liberal is a refusal to face responsibility. You see, if a middle aged woman becomes pregnant it's not her fault. If a kid drops out of school and starts mugging people it's not his fault either. If people want to spend their money on fancy clothes and nice cars and then they can't pay for their health care that's not their fault either. Etc. Etc.
Women in that position fully face that responsibility head on and mostly alone. Men may face a financial responsibility and often try and duck it. I really have been trying to see if you guys had any solutions to the social issue and core of the problem other than don't be stupid and NO as currently don't be stupid and NO aren't working. I tried to put a face on the issue. I long for the day that this isn't an issue as I don't feel I could go through with it if I were in those shoes. Making it Illegal does not solve anything other than driving it underground. Universal Health care and proper education would go a long way in helping America have happy healthy children and ease the burden on a single mother. Possibly removing many of the fears that would drive her to the drastic decision in the first place. But to the Right this isnt an answer, nor is birth control or sex ed from what I see from our elected officials, Town Hall Meetings, comment sections of web sites such as this and papers and on the news.

So call me what you like, it doesnt fix the issue, but if it makes you feel better about yourself, at least Ive done that much for you.

Good Day
12er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 04:43 PM   #95
12er
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by longride View Post

Yep, the product wasnt worth saving by bailing it out with our money IMO.
Old 10-30-2009, 05:00 PM   #96
12er
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_AirHawk View Post
I loved Chrysler. GM, not so much. But hardly wanted either of them to fail. Now, looking at what they've become in just a few short months - I almost wish they had. Better Dead and Fondly Remembered, than keeping a withered, rotting corpse propped-up in the corner like some macabre parody of life..........
I'm a BPO (buick pontiac olds) man from way back, But that ended with the '72 model year.

Last edited by 12er : 10-30-2009 at 05:03 PM.
Old 10-30-2009, 05:16 PM   #97
12er
Founding Member

I think there just might be a God.

Newsom pulls out of governor's race
Old 10-30-2009, 05:30 PM   #98
seruzawa
The Toad

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12er View Post
Women in that position fully face that responsibility head on and mostly alone. Men may face a financial responsibility and often try and duck it. I really have been trying to see if you guys had any solutions to the social issue and core of the problem other than don't be stupid and NO as currently don't be stupid and NO aren't working. I tried to put a face on the issue. I long for the day that this isn't an issue as I don't feel I could go through with it if I were in those shoes. Making it Illegal does not solve anything other than driving it underground. Universal Health care and proper education would go a long way in helping America have happy healthy children and ease the burden on a single mother. Possibly removing many of the fears that would drive her to the drastic decision in the first place. But to the Right this isnt an answer, nor is birth control or sex ed from what I see from our elected officials, Town Hall Meetings, comment sections of web sites such as this and papers and on the news.

So call me what you like, it doesnt fix the issue, but if it makes you feel better about yourself, at least Ive done that much for you.

Good Day
That which you pay for you get more of. You might not like the hard nosed solution but skyrocketing rates of pregnancy happened after the libs took over the schools and started handing out condoms. Don't try to play the morally superior tone when it is your philosophy that created the mess..
Old 10-30-2009, 05:58 PM   #99
12er
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by seruzawa View Post
That which you pay for you get more of. You might not like the hard nosed solution but skyrocketing rates of pregnancy happened after the libs took over the schools and started handing out condoms. Don't try to play the morally superior tone when it is your philosophy that created the mess..
Ok, I'm 100% at fault for this issue. Now what? Don't be stupid and NO will fix it?
Old 10-31-2009, 09:52 AM   #100
seruzawa
The Toad

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12er View Post
Ok, I'm 100% at fault for this issue. Now what? Don't be stupid and NO will fix it?
I do have a novel idea. Gather together the people in your area who also are concerned about this particular problem and devote your own time and resources to handling it! Rather than merely voting for someone else to steal OPM and set up some disastrous bureaucracy which will only make the problem worse people should take a direct hand. I'm sure there are some private organizations that do this sort of thing even in San Francisco.