Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Other > Motorcycle.Com Lounge

Old 09-15-2009, 07:04 PM   #21
seruzawa
The Toad

It will never go away Dr Pulley so you'd better get used to it. Right now there's a little voice in my head that that goes, "tiger.... tiger....tiger.... tiger...."

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 09-15-2009, 07:08 PM   #22
Dr_Sprocket
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by acecycleins View Post
You know that theroy of "for every action..." it applies here. Life's a trade-off. If you want it bad enough you deal with the "re-action".
Ain't that the truth!

When I first was looking for a new bike, I considered the FZ-1, the Speed Triple and the Buell. Insurance on the FZ-1 was ridiculous, and the Speed Triple was no better. Trade-offs, I guess.

Having said that, either of these two bikes would be sweet. I just don't know how much sweeter it would be than the Buellysses. I saw a Streetfighter cruising down the road the other day. The clackity-clack could be heard a mile away. Mmmm! (*drool*)
Old 09-15-2009, 07:12 PM   #23
Buzglyd
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr_Sprocket View Post
Ain't that the truth!

When I first was looking for a new bike, I considered the FZ-1, the Speed Triple and the Buell. Insurance on the FZ-1 was ridiculous, and the Speed Triple was no better. Trade-offs, I guess.

Having said that, either of these two bikes would be sweet. I just don't know how much sweeter it would be than the Buellysses. I saw a Streetfighter cruising down the road the other day. The clackity-clack could be heard a mile away. Mmmm! (*drool*)
You know, having owned two Ducatis, they are surprisingly affordable to insure. My MV Agusta wasn't that much either. My insurer is State Farm and they write policies according to cc's. My H-D was more than my Duc.

My BMW is only about $30 a month!
Buzglyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009, 07:14 PM   #24
Dr_Sprocket
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by seruzawa View Post
It will never go away Dr Pulley so you'd better get used to it.
That's what I thought. Why fight it?

Quote:
Right now there's a little voice in my head that that goes, "tiger.... tiger....tiger.... tiger...."
Grrrr, baby! Verrry "grrrr"!
Old 09-15-2009, 07:17 PM   #25
Dr_Sprocket
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzglyd View Post
You know, having owned two Ducatis, they are surprisingly affordable to insure. My MV Agusta wasn't that much either. My insurer is State Farm and they write policies according to cc's. My H-D was more than my Duc.

My BMW is only about $30 a month!
Yowzah! I started at the gecko, and the Uly was classified as a large-displacement sport bike. I tried to sell the lady on it's dual purpose nature, but she was having none of it. So, I switched to Nationwide. I wonder if Ace sells insurance in Delaware.
Old 09-16-2009, 06:17 AM   #26
Kenneth_Moore
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr_Sprocket View Post
I wonder if Ace sells insurance in Delaware.
No Yankees! He's a Southerner, Sir, and will have none of your filthy Yankee dollars.

Having said that, I find myself wondering why people are always saying "having said that" here of late.
Old 09-16-2009, 08:25 AM   #27
sarnali2
Aging Cafe` Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenneth_Moore View Post
No Yankees! He's a Southerner, Sir, and will have none of your filthy Yankee dollars.

Having said that, I find myself wondering why people are always saying "having said that" here of late.

No Dam* Yankee Bag-Lickers here Suh!!

Having said that, I have State Farm also and I think the baggers about $56 a month

"He said he's farting because of his medication"...
sarnali2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 08:55 AM   #28
seruzawa
The Toad

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarnali2 View Post
No Dam* Yankee Bag-Lickers here Suh!!

Having said that, I have State Farm also and I think the baggers about $56 a month
I have Markel and any bike I get is ~$150 per year for liability, uninsured, underinsured, roadside assistance, etc. I don't get full coverage. No need to since I haven't spent even $3000 for a bike in 20 years.
Old 09-16-2009, 03:42 PM   #29
Dr_Sprocket
Founding Member

Quote:
No need to since I haven't spent even $3000 for a bike in 20 years.
Man! You must be rich!
Old 09-16-2009, 05:06 PM   #30
Buzglyd
Founding Member

Quote:
I have Markel and any bike I get is ~$150 per year for liability, uninsured, underinsured, roadside assistance, etc. I don't get full coverage. No need to since I haven't spent even $3000 for a bike in 20 years.
I spend more than that in accessories! But of course I sell them all on eBay for more than I paid for them when I'm done.
Buzglyd is offline   Reply With Quote