Motorcycle Forum

Motorcycle Forum (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/)
-   Motorcycle.Com Lounge (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycle-com-lounge/)
-   -   Why must I be like that? (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycle-com-lounge/13140-why-must-i-like.html)

trenttheuncatchable 09-15-2009 09:21 AM

I actually saw one of those (a Victory Vision) on the road last weekend up in Wisconsin.

The_AirHawk 09-15-2009 09:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buzglyd
I doubt it would have had the same meaning had I been chatting on Facebook with friends.

But what if you were Twitheading?

Buzglyd 09-15-2009 09:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trenttheuncatchable (Post 224074)
I actually saw one of those (a Victory Vision) on the road last weekend up in Wisconsin.

How long did it take to clean all the barf out of your helmet?

longride 09-15-2009 09:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trenttheuncatchable (Post 224074)

I'm sorry. Did your eyes ever recover? My brother saw one at the Peoria TT last month and asked me what it was. When I told him he said: "Well, I saw one, and I never want to see another one!"

I agree. By the way, he rides a Valkyrie, so he isn't a 'Harley Guy' like me.

The_AirHawk 09-15-2009 09:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr_Sprocket (Post 224052)
Okay, so here goes...

I started riding in 2004. My first bike was a 1985 Honda Nighthawk CB700SC. I had that bike for nearly three years and almost 15,000 miles.

Fast-forward to 2007, when I upgraded to my new 2008 Buell Ulysses. This past weekend I just ticked over 13,000 trouble-free miles on the gal. Now, along come two hot chicas, the Buell 1125CR and the new Ducati Streetfighter, that have gotten my attention. The Ducati is sex on wheels, or... as the song goes, "Sex on Fire." The Buell is a rider's bike, recently winning a competing magazine's Streetfighter Shootout.

Now, I have no need for a bike that will go 160 mph. And I love my faithful Buellysses. So, why do I lust for a new bike? Is this my fate - always wanting something more... something different? I'd love to hear from you old, crusty MOFO's about your bike lusting experiences. Is what you lust for in your heart really what you wanted when you got it? Or is it just the thrill of the chase?

In the words of the immortal George Clinton: "Why must I be like that? Why must I chase the cat? Nothin' but the dog in me."

Face it man - yer checkbook is DOOMED.........

Kenneth_Moore 09-15-2009 10:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by acecycleins (Post 224069)
You're allowed to switch bikes as often as your boxers if you prefer. First thing to do is call your insurance agent.

Yeah, but if he calls his agent, he'll find out that the new bike's insurance is $1,400 instead of $400. Suddenly it just doesn't seem like such a great idea any more... :D

12er 09-15-2009 11:00 AM

Passed a Vision on the road last night, luckily I didnt crash...

Kenneth_Moore 09-15-2009 11:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 12er (Post 224086)
Passed a Vision on the road last night, luckily I didnt crash...

Gosh, your butthole must really hurt!

sarnali2 09-15-2009 03:07 PM

I started riding in '68 and have had close to 40 bikes since then, the correct answer to how many bikes to have is indeed "one more"...

No, Really... I love my FLHT, it's arguably the best bike I've ever owned but I'd love to get an FZ1 and the New Wide Glide gives me wood, even though I'd have to throw a set of Chimps on there, drag bars belong on Sportsters, which I'd also love to have. I'd have to have at least one rocket in the collection so I'll follow Buzglyds example and pick up a K1300GT, and with Cuddy's always blathering on about 2 strokes I guess I'll need to find a 360 Hoooskvarna or ChayZet, hell a 501 Maico would do. And since I suffer from Shovelhead Love I need a decent 80" to chop.....

F*ck it, buy the Buell, the 1125's a screamer..

acecycleins 09-15-2009 03:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kenneth_Moore (Post 224083)
Yeah, but if he calls his agent, he'll find out that the new bike's insurance is $1,400 instead of $400. Suddenly it just doesn't seem like such a great idea any more... :D

You know that theroy of "for every action..." it applies here. Life's a trade-off. If you want it bad enough you deal with the "re-action".