Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Other > Motorcycle.Com Lounge

Old 09-04-2009, 09:32 AM   #11
acecycleins
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_AirHawk View Post
A friend of mine was telling me of an interview he saw a few days ago with some industry "expert" or another - his claim was that the Feds aren't counting correctly all the jobs that have been lost in the last 18 months, and Unemployment is actually hovering near 17%.......

Take that with a grain of salt, as it's third-hand or worse info.
A little less (about 15% and change), but close. The stats do not include those off of unemployment benefits, those that just stopped looking and those that chose to return to school to re-train for new jobs. When calculated at a whole our unemployement rate is ridiculous.

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 09-04-2009, 09:43 AM   #12
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

"When calculated at a whole our unemployement rate is ridiculous."

I know things aren't good. You know how? All the Obama apologists are all clammed up. The silence is deafening. It's hard to defend someone that is doing the same things as the last guy they cried about for 8 years. Soldiers dying at record levels, civilians killed in raids, Gitmo still standing, the economy in the shytter, the Patriot Act still intact and going strong, the deficit 4 times higher than the all-time record, an approval rating that fell at a record level. Yep, quite a nice resume for our boy in office to become the worst Prez in history in less than one year. It was so easy to blame the other guy wasn't it?? LOL This 4 years is shaping up to be more fun than I ever expected.
Old 09-04-2009, 11:15 AM   #13
newagetwotone
Registered Member

^this

My dad got his first job at 15, got laid off from that job almost a year go. With 30+ years experience in IT, setting up phones, Photo, Video, Machine tool and management he can NOT find a job.

WTF?

So whats to happen to me? my longest job was 5 years, most people in my generation can keep a job that long but still. Im on the cusp of applying for disability, mostly because unemployment only pays me $100 a week, which does not cover my bills, im to the point of eating up my savings.

So Obama and Biden can shove it where the sun don't shine. Before anyone asks its not like I'm being picky, I have applied at about every retail store in my area, most of them are laying people off not hiring. Its especially hard around here because our mill shut off about 8 months ago and still aren't running at nearly full cap. (yea we still has mills, they're almost all in my neck of the woods) So all those guys that were making $60k+ a year at the mills are looking for anything.

Moral of the story, me = 23 yr old white male... I'm screwed
newagetwotone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2009, 01:42 PM   #14
The_AirHawk
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by newagetwotone View Post

^this

My dad got his first job at 15, got laid off from that job almost a year go. With 30+ years experience in IT, setting up phones, Photo, Video, Machine tool and management he can NOT find a job.

WTF?

So whats to happen to me? my longest job was 5 years, most people in my generation can keep a job that long but still. Im on the cusp of applying for disability, mostly because unemployment only pays me $100 a week, which does not cover my bills, im to the point of eating up my savings.

So Obama and Biden can shove it where the sun don't shine. Before anyone asks its not like I'm being picky, I have applied at about every retail store in my area, most of them are laying people off not hiring. Its especially hard around here because our mill shut off about 8 months ago and still aren't running at nearly full cap. (yea we still has mills, they're almost all in my neck of the woods) So all those guys that were making $60k+ a year at the mills are looking for anything.

Moral of the story, me = 23 yr old white male... I'm screwed
Education, my friend. Think of it as an opportunity to get an Education - and I'm not talkin' "Business Major" or some crap: find a Trade School - learn to be a Welder, a Machinist, a Refrigeration/Boiler Technician - Top people in these fields can almost write their own ticket. They're the Last ones laid-off, and the First ones called-back.

Diversify.

Seriously.

Even with a bad back, Knowledge is Power - there isn't a single person in the front-office that has the vaguest clue as to how those pieces of steel were joined, or how the threads and holes got in the other piece, or what keeps the F'n Blast-Freezer cold, or cools their own arse in the Summer.
Let them hate so long as they fear
политики предпочитают безоружных крестьян
Politicians Prefer Unarmed Peasants
Nothing to see here, Citizen. Move along now...

Last edited by The_AirHawk : 09-04-2009 at 01:48 PM.
The_AirHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2009, 01:51 PM   #15
The_AirHawk
Founding Member

Did you guys hear something? Sounded like a Queef?
Old 09-04-2009, 02:20 PM   #16
The_AirHawk
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KPaulKnight View Post
I'm an idiot
Stop shat'n in my Inbox, I don't even read them. It's over. I know you professed to love me forever, but Mongo Straight.

I just don't swing that way, dude.

And even if I did, you'd have to be The Bytche.

Last edited by longride : 09-04-2009 at 03:05 PM.
Old 09-04-2009, 02:31 PM   #17
acecycleins
Founding Member

Trade jobs and bartering are in the future. Our dollar will self-destruct before the end of his first term if we keep spending like drunken sailors at Tattletales. The only thing to fall back on will be self-reliance. Oh, wait. Wasn't that how America started? Bring it on. I can work small engine mechanics and have the ability to farm. All I need is a small machine shop and acres for my corn. Guess I'll be movin' to the country. Like 15 miles.

What will be safe when the shyt hits the fan: Gummit Jobs, Armed Forces, Tradesmen, Farmers, and the media. Everything else is subject to rapid and unannounced "change".
Old 09-04-2009, 03:00 PM   #18
mugwump58
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_AirHawk View Post
Stop shat'n in my Inbox,...
Thanks for the reminder. Looks like I haven't checked since May
Old 09-04-2009, 03:04 PM   #19
The_AirHawk
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokeU View Post
Or so says Biden. I guess it's the stimulus that's working even better than expected and Obomber's "change" that was promised.

I really f*cking hate politicians.
American Thinker Blog: Your Stimulus at Work

Yep. Workin' exactly to Plan, I see.