Motorcycle Forum

Motorcycle Forum (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/)
-   Motorcycle.Com Lounge (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycle-com-lounge/)
-   -   Brave New World (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycle-com-lounge/12923-brave-new-world.html)

seruzawa 08-21-2009 10:19 AM

Brave New World
 
Seller, beware: Feds cracking down on garage sales | McClatchy

From the article: "We're not looking to come across as being heavy-handed," he said. "We want to make sure that everybody knows what the rules of engagement are to help spur greater compliance, so that enforcement becomes less of an issue. But we're still going to enforce."

Anyone actually believe this?

I feel so much safer now knowing that before long there will be roving federal patrols to protect me from garage sales.

BTW. Bush signed this law.

"There's no way to rule innocent men. The only power government has is the power to crack down on criminals. Well, when there aren't enough criminals, one makes them. One declares so many things to be a crime that it becomes impossible for men to live without breaking laws."

V2Rider 08-21-2009 11:19 AM

We have to be protected from ourselves and it's for the children. C'mon, get with the program.

longride 08-21-2009 11:39 AM

I look at it this way: If it only saves one life, it's worth it. I live my whole life by those words. You should too, and if you don't, I'll MAKE you live by em!

seruzawa 08-21-2009 12:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by longride (Post 222231)
I look at it this way: If it only saves one life, it's worth it. I live my whole life by those words. You should too, and if you don't, I'll MAKE you live by em!

And you are so right. After we get done executing the families of drunk drivers we can go after the homes of people who accidentally sell a recalled Lincoln Log Set. Sell a recalled toy = lose home and get life imprisonment for all the generations of your family.

We'll have our country safe for correct thinking people in no time!

sarnali2 08-21-2009 01:00 PM

Well it's about time someone on here made some sense. I whole heartedly endorse this sensible new program and am myself a victim of the nefarious "Easy Bake Oven" having burned the crap out of my hands when my innocent young daughter (herself a victim) jammed some tray in there and started smoking the house up.

pushrod 08-21-2009 01:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sarnali2 (Post 222245)
Well it's about time someone on here made some sense. I whole heartedly endorse this sensible new program and am myself a victim of the nefarious "Easy Bake Oven" having burned the crap out of my hands when my innocent young daughter (herself a victim) jammed some tray in there and started smoking the house up.

Ain't it amazing how much trouble a freakin' light bulb can cause!?

sarnali2 08-21-2009 01:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pushrod (Post 222247)
Ain't it amazing how much trouble a freakin' light bulb can cause!?


I just tossed the g'd' thing and let them use the real oven but only when I was there. Now both of them can throw a three course meal together without batting an eye while half their friends can barely boil water.

Dr_Sprocket 08-21-2009 06:46 PM

What the...?! Like any consumers actually know what items they've bought have actually been recalled! This is a case of some dumb@ss creating job security for some other dumb@ss.

Let's see. Hmmm. Now, where did I leave my application for Canadian citizenship?


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 08:48 AM.