Motorcycle Forum

Motorcycle Forum (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/)
-   Motorcycle.Com Lounge (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycle-com-lounge/)
-   -   Got a kick out of this one (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycle-com-lounge/12847-got-kick-out-one.html)

seruzawa 08-14-2009 07:09 AM

Got a kick out of this one
 

longride 08-14-2009 07:28 AM

More deflection away from the job he is doing and worrying about the job we are doing. If he wants to clean up workers, I'd say Washington is a real good place to start. Have you noticed that David Axelrod is answering more and more for Obamalama? Axelrod even wrote the email that is going out about health care reform. Now I don't know about you, but nobody voted for Axelrod, and I really don't want to hear from or about him. When Rove was doing the same things the Dems were crying aobut him controlling Bush and being and evil mastermind. Funny how nobody ever complains when Axelrod seems to be doing all the speaking.

Dr_Sprocket 08-14-2009 09:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by longride (Post 221673)
Have you noticed that David Axelrod is answering more and more for Obamalama? Axelrod even wrote the email that is going out about health care reform. Now I don't know about you, but nobody voted for Axelrod, and I really don't want to hear from or about him. When Rove was doing the same things the Dems were crying aobut him controlling Bush and being and evil mastermind. Funny how nobody ever complains when Axelrod seems to be doing all the speaking.

It's only a contradiction when it's the other guys.

seruzawa 08-14-2009 09:23 AM

Cripes guys, this video and the Onion itself are satires. Sheeesh.

Dr_Sprocket 08-14-2009 09:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by seruzawa (Post 221683)
Cripes guys, this video and the Onion itself are satires. Sheeesh.

Of course, we know this. Duh! But in every satire is a little bit of truth.

schizuki 08-14-2009 09:47 AM

I thought this was the "truest" thing The Onion ever printed:

Media Having Trouble Finding Right Angle On Obama's Double-Homicide

"What exactly is the news hook here?" asked Rick Kaplan, executive producer of the CBS Evening News. "Is this an upbeat human-interest story about a 'day in the life' of a bloodthirsty president who likes to kill people? Or is it more of an examination of how Obama's unusual upbringing in Hawaii helped to shape the way he would one day viciously butcher two helpless citizens in their own home? Or maybe the story is just that murder is cool now. I don't know. There are a million different angles on this one."

Dr_Sprocket 08-14-2009 09:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by schizuki (Post 221688)
I thought this was the "truest" thing The Onion ever printed:

Media Having Trouble Finding Right Angle On Obama's Double-Homicide

"What exactly is the news hook here?" asked Rick Kaplan, executive producer of the CBS Evening News. "Is this an upbeat human-interest story about a 'day in the life' of a bloodthirsty president who likes to kill people? Or is it more of an examination of how Obama's unusual upbringing in Hawaii helped to shape the way he would one day viciously butcher two helpless citizens in their own home? Or maybe the story is just that murder is cool now. I don't know. There are a million different angles on this one."

There sure is "truth" in that story, too. Good one!

seruzawa 08-14-2009 09:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by schizuki (Post 221688)
I thought this was the "truest" thing The Onion ever printed:

Media Having Trouble Finding Right Angle On Obama's Double-Homicide

"What exactly is the news hook here?" asked Rick Kaplan, executive producer of the CBS Evening News. "Is this an upbeat human-interest story about a 'day in the life' of a bloodthirsty president who likes to kill people? Or is it more of an examination of how Obama's unusual upbringing in Hawaii helped to shape the way he would one day viciously butcher two helpless citizens in their own home? Or maybe the story is just that murder is cool now. I don't know. There are a million different angles on this one."

I like this line, "The New York Times newsroom is reportedly still undecided on whether or not to print a recent letter received from Obama, in which the president threatens to kill another helpless citizen every Tuesday and "fill [his] heavenly palace with slaves for the afterlife" unless the police "stop the darkness from screaming.""

The Onion is a true equal opportunity satire source.


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:29 AM.