Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Other > Motorcycle.Com Lounge

Old 08-14-2009, 05:58 AM   #1
MOKE1K
Registered Member

Question Has anyone seen this?

Sorry if this is in the wrong area didnt know where to post it?
Mars August 2009 Close to Earth Email - Learn the Truth About the Email that says Earth Will Be Very Close to Mars in August of 2009

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 08-14-2009, 06:08 AM   #2
seruzawa
The Toad

Yep. The only thing is you won't be able to tell the difference from other close approaches because of the distances.

But it just might be possible for the Martians' interplanetary guns to reach the Earth this time so be prepared.
Old 08-14-2009, 06:22 AM   #3
pushrod
Founding Member

I bet Ol' Marvin is sighting in his Disintegrator Ray as we speak...

I have become -
Comfortably Numb.
pushrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009, 07:58 AM   #4
sarnali2
Aging Cafe` Racer

It's the Plasma bombs from Klendathu we need to worry about, look what they did to Buenos Aries

"He said he's farting because of his medication"...
sarnali2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009, 07:59 AM   #5
SmokeU
Registered Member

I'm hungry.
SmokeU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009, 08:22 AM   #6
seruzawa
The Toad

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarnali2 View Post
It's the Plasma bombs from Klendathu we need to worry about, look what they did to Buenos Aries
Yeah well but answer me this. If the Bugs do drop a plasma bomb on Buenos Aries how would anyone know?
Old 08-14-2009, 08:39 AM   #7
schizuki
Founding Member

A co-worker showed this to me years ago (that e-mail, of course, said it was happening in the next month). I nicely asked him what he thought would happen to the Earth if Mars actually got close enough to be that big in the sky.

This urban legend just won't die. The schools are doing a bang-up job, aren't they?

Mars did make its closest approach to the Earth something like ten years ago. It was pretty spectacular for about a week or so, IIRC. Rather than looking like a star, it looked distinctly like a tiny, tiny red disk. Pretty neat.

Bill Clinton and Chuck Schumer are praising the Supreme Court for overturning an anti-gay-marriage law that they both signed.
schizuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009, 08:39 AM   #8
SmokeU
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by seruzawa View Post
Yeah well but answer me this. If the Bugs do drop a plasma bomb on Buenos Aries how would anyone know?

Our fearless leader Obomber will tell us.
SmokeU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009, 08:52 AM   #9
seruzawa
The Toad

Quote:
Originally Posted by schizuki View Post
A co-worker showed this to me years ago (that e-mail, of course, said it was happening in the next month). I nicely asked him what he thought would happen to the Earth if Mars actually got close enough to be that big in the sky.

This urban legend just won't die. The schools are doing a bang-up job, aren't they?

Mars did make its closest approach to the Earth something like ten years ago. It was pretty spectacular for about a week or so, IIRC. Rather than looking like a star, it looked distinctly like a tiny, tiny red disk. Pretty neat.
Year ago when the comet Schumaker-Levy was predicted to hit Jupiter some local talk show moron was trying to scare people with wild tales about the effects causing severe disasters on Earth. Nothing like a public school education, eh? Jupiter is s freaking minimum of 9 AUs away, idiots.

Actually I pulled out my C8 and could see the roiled bands on Jupiter the night after the strike. Pretty cool really. Looked at Mars during the last close approach and it looked like the same red fuzzy disk it always does. Even then it's still like 45 million miles away.
Old 08-14-2009, 09:10 AM   #10
The_AirHawk
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokeU View Post
Our fearless leader Obomber will tell us.
Leftwing Conspiracy to Demonize the Bugs - give the Americans something to hate and talk-about while the Administration goes on with their business of getting re-elected.

And it wasn't a Bug Plasma Bomb - it was a Nukular Mistle - I seen the video-footage: a Bug Plasma Bomb makes a MUCH larger hole in the earth - this was barely a crater, but it penetrated all the way through the Earth's Crust. Obviously evidence of a concentrated, high-explosive device.

And just WHERE are the bits of Meteorite that the Bugs use for the core of their Plasma Bombs that would be left-behind? Huh? Answer me THAT!
Let them hate so long as they fear
политики предпочитают безоружных крестьян
Politicians Prefer Unarmed Peasants
Nothing to see here, Citizen. Move along now...
The_AirHawk is offline   Reply With Quote