Motorcycle Forum

Motorcycle Forum (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/)
-   Motorcycle.Com Lounge (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycle-com-lounge/)
-   -   Pelosi's right - they're all plants (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycle-com-lounge/12838-pelosis-right-theyre-all-plants.html)

schizuki 08-13-2009 10:03 AM

Pelosi's right - they're all plants

Yet another Town Hall fraudster

An Obama delegate and member of his Organizing for America poses as a doctor to ask a question about - make that "make a statement in support of" - Obamacare at a Town Hall meeting in a district she doesn't even live in.

Geez, Pelosi is right - there's an epidemic of lies and Astroturfing around this issue.

Thank God for the Internet, because the MSM is sure as hell not interested in this.

So we've got Obamabots posing as doctors, Obamabot children being represented as average waifs off the street, union thugs beating a man selling flags at a Town Hall, the White House organizing private citizens to go out in support of Obamacare while Pelosi screetches about a shadowy Vast Right-Wing Conspiracy bussing people to oppose it... and again, the MSM not finding any of this particularly interesting. Well, except when the occasional loudmouth anti-Obamacare boor screams a filibuster at a congressman. Then Kow Kollege Keith gets the vapors.

But hey, when you're talking Good vs Evil, Right vs Wrong, Obama vs Bush, then the ends justify the means and the notion of hypocrisy is just self-indulgent bourgeois guilt. Ken doesn't "see what the big deal is here."

seruzawa 08-13-2009 10:12 AM

It's always a source of amusement to me to imagine what the Rats would do if Bush did what they are doing right now. Remember all those swastikas they carried during their unhinged protests?

SmokeU 08-13-2009 10:20 AM

WTF?! This alone should be enough for people to want to vote against this BS bill.

schizuki 08-13-2009 10:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by seruzawa (Post 221615)
It's always a source of amusement to me to imagine what the Rats would do if Bush did what they are doing right now. Remember all those swastikas they carried during their unhinged protests?

IIRC, on the few occasions Bush spoke of protesters, he more or less said, "That's their right." Oh, and Democrats bristled about their "patriotism being questioned", when it never was.

Fast forward, and protest is suddenly "un-American" and protesters are little Nazi puppets manipulated by larger organizations (unlike, say, the "grassroots" Iraq protests and International A.N.S.W.E.R.)

The hypocrisy is staggering.

I'm a libertarian. The Repubs don't scare me, because they're after maybe 10% of our lives. The Dems utterly terrify me, because there seems to be no end to how much of my life they want to regulate or ban. And they do it with the lying, shameless excess of the worst kinds of fanatics.

longride 08-13-2009 10:55 AM

"The hypocrisy is staggering. "

So you HAVE spoekn with Ken lately! :)

Buzglyd 08-13-2009 01:57 PM

It's funny watching Pelosi moan about this "astroturfing" when David Axelrod runs THE biggest astroturfing company in Washington.

Let's face it, we've got another year until the next congressional elections. We'll see if this outrage pays off at the ballot box but I doubt it. Idiot Republicans haven't figured out conservatism wins. Liberal light Rinos are always big losers.

Kenneth_Moore 08-13-2009 02:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by longride (Post 221622)
"The hypocrisy is staggering. "

So you HAVE spoekn with Ken lately! :)

I was staggering last night, but I didn't have any hypocrisy. It was gin.

SmokeU 08-13-2009 02:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kenneth_Moore (Post 221647)

I really enjoy Bombay Sapphire.

Buzglyd 08-13-2009 02:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kenneth_Moore (Post 221647)

Gin and Milk? All the drunkenness and a little something for your ulcer.

12er 08-13-2009 03:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SmokeU (Post 221649)
I really enjoy Bombay Sapphire.

the only martini in my book.