Motorcycle Forum

Motorcycle Forum (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/)
-   Motorcycle.Com Lounge (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycle-com-lounge/)
-   -   Pelosi's right - they're all plants (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycle-com-lounge/12838-pelosis-right-theyre-all-plants.html)

longride 08-14-2009 05:54 PM

"Seriously, I'm disappointed with Obama."

Me too. He is from Chicago, so I can't really say I'm all that disappointed. He's just business as usual despite the rhetoric. He takes care of his friends, and worries constantly about getting a second term regardless of the cost.

longride 08-14-2009 05:57 PM

"You constantly bring Jimmy Carter into these discussions. Who said Carter represents the liberal point of view?"

I never said he represented anything other than getting a bum steer when you long for 'change'. If you have anything different I have said about him, post it up. Jimmy Carter was an elected official Ken. The clowns you are obsessed with have never run for office. Jimmy Carter is the worst Prez we have ever known. He is relevant to speak of because he made American policy. Hannity and Rush are radio and TV talk show hosts. Jimmy Carter was 100 times worse than Bush. Obama may surpass him in a very short time. That is a fact. Maybe you can see the difference between complaining about a crappy President, and complaining about talk show hosts. Maybe not.

seruzawa 08-14-2009 06:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kenneth_Moore (Post 221747)
Health care? Let's kill Granny.

So you do want socialized medicine after all?

Every single comparison of medical care in the US vs socialized systems gives the same results. So, apparently you do want a load more people to die because that is what you will get.. but I guess that having everyone get the same shytty care is more important than anything.

Liberals. Crabs in a bucket.

You seem to think that you are the only person who ever lost a relative to cancer or had a bad experience with healthcare and insurance companies. Well, trust me, you aren't. The rest of us move on but I guess you have a need to get revenge by ruining the system entirely. Good luck with that.

Kenneth_Moore 08-14-2009 07:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by seruzawa (Post 221757)

Every single comparison of medical care in the US vs socialized systems gives the same results. So, apparently you do want a load more people to die because that is what you will get.. but I guess that having everyone get the same shytty care is more important than anything.

You seem to think that you are the only person who ever lost a relative to cancer or had a bad experience with healthcare and insurance companies. Well, trust me, you aren't. The rest of us move on but I guess you have a need to get revenge by ruining the system entirely. Good luck with that.

Nice job being manipulated. If there was one thing the insurance companies wanted to do, it was to convince you that any health reform automatically means socialized medicine. Would you like to buy some land in West Broward?

Kenneth_Moore 08-14-2009 07:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by seruzawa (Post 221757)

Thanks for making this a reasonable discussion amongst people with divergent viewpoints. I guess "crabs in a bucket" is better than "worthless piece of ****."

I don't think "moving on" is the best solution to seeing your friends and family get f'd by the healthcare system and insurance companies. I think that's a pretty lame viewpoint. And I'm not going to ruin the system. I'm flattered you give me that much credit, but I can't accept the compliment.

seruzawa 08-14-2009 07:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kenneth_Moore (Post 221762)
Thanks for making this a reasonable discussion amongst people with divergent viewpoints. I guess "crabs in a bucket" is better than "worthless piece of ****."

I don't think "moving on" is the best solution to seeing your friends and family get f'd by the healthcare system and insurance companies. I think that's a pretty lame viewpoint. And I'm not going to ruin the system. I'm flattered you give me that much credit, but I can't accept the compliment.

How much better for everyone to get f***ed by the govt.

I'm still waiting for anyone to demonstrate to me that having the govt run healthcare improves it. Until then all argument is worthless. Every such claim is entirely false so far. The current govt systems, VA and Medicare, are already disasters. Who wants more of the same?

seruzawa 08-14-2009 07:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kenneth_Moore (Post 221761)
Nice job being manipulated.

You voted for a criminal coke-snorter from the corrupt Chicago machine. A man who sat in a wacko America-hating racist church for 20 years. Now he's out apologizing to the world for our "crime" of being prosperous and not perfect. He's broken just about every campaign promise. His administration has more "czars" than any other and most of those people are 60s radicals. Better leave off that "manipulated" stuff.

longride 08-15-2009 05:15 AM

Ken is right. All us stupid nay-sayers have been manipulated. We all know the Libs never manipulate anybody or anything. They speak the truth, like with Global War....err Climate Change. It's funny that most Senators admit they never even read the 1000 page bill, yet are quick to say the Pubs are telling lies. How the hell would they know when they never even read what is in the bill? So we have a guy here that voted for someone because of 'change' and 'hope' and he says other people were manipulated? What a laugh! Maybe Obama can write his own emails that go out next time and not have David Axelrod write them for him.

schizuki 08-15-2009 07:36 AM

Anecdote is not evidence.

seruzawa 08-15-2009 07:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by schizuki (Post 221789)
Anecdote is not evidence.

Evidence is a lot of anecdotes gathered together. And if one adds up all the anecdotes of the stupidity and incompetence of govt organizations form the Post Office to HUD to the DMV to the Universities and to the current govt run health care systems of the VA, Medicare and Champus one ends up with incontrovertible evidence that a federal healthcare system will be an unmitigated disaster. Has everyone forgotten that under Bush the Fed Govt took sneaky methods to deny veterans healthcare for the purpose of "saving money"? The death rates for cancer in Britain and Canada are 166% of the USAs.

Worse, none of the Dems will honestly look at the costs. They rely on some science fiction based idea that Federal govt run healthcare will save money. This despite that no govt program ever stayed within light years of budget. The Chinese are pleading with us to balance the budget.....the fools in DC propose more deficit spending. The Chinese are currently reducing their exposure to the dollar. Funny that Chinese communists understand economics better than the President of the United States and all those geniuses in Congress.

It becomes apparent that the true purpose behind health care reform has nothing to do with health care.