Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Other > Motorcycle.Com Lounge

Old 08-14-2009, 01:27 PM   #31
seruzawa
The Toad

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarnali2 View Post
How stylish Ken, I'm wearing "dirty denim" carpenter pants that are in fact really pretty grubby looking from changing a feedwater valve positioner, a black Harley Davidson garage style shirt and of course my trusty hand made in Spokane Washington White's logger boots, also with a more or less crew cut and beard because I haven't shaved for a week.....

And I like Bombay Saphire!!! however I like it on the rocks with some San Pelligrino or Perrier sparkling mineral water. Washes down the ol' brie and apple slices you know..
Cripes, you guys are stylin'. I'm just wearing levis and my AGV mesh jacket as I'm headin' out the door now to take my ride home on Zrex. Have a nice day in the steam plant.

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 08-14-2009, 01:41 PM   #32
Kenneth_Moore
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by longride View Post
Yes, the current uproar is about government health care reform. These people know how f&cked up it will be and who will pay for it. I'll give you a hint, it ain't the people that voted for Obama. Your Marine story is interesting, but misleading. Bush always had good support from the troops. I'm glad he likes his government health care. I don't want it, and I don't want to pay for it. Simple as that. If you do then you pay for it and sign right up. Why do the Repubs need one or two 'leaders'? Aren't they all supposed to be leaders? Do they need one leader and then the rest just follow? Isn't that what you Liberals cried about, that Bush was the leader and everyone else was just blindly followed? Now they need another 'leader'? Please make up your mind. Yes, you are obsessed with people that haven't been elected, nor will they ever hold office. Maybe they speak so close to the truth that is bugs you. Olbermann is a complete a$$hole, but I never heard you complain about him even once. I guess he is an a$$hole you agree with? If the government wants to 'fix' health care, then help the free market fix it. They will not fix it by creating a bloated mess and then taxing everyone to pay for it. What is the rush all of a sudden to pass a 1000 page bill that nobody even read? Did you know the deficit will be at least 1.8 trillion dollars this year? how much bigger do you think that will get? Conservative estimates are at least 350 billion more if this mess passes. Your Prez is pissing people off. They held off with the first mess, the 'stimulus' that was a waste. They aren't staying quiet for this, and I don't blame them a bit. It sucks and there is no way around it.
So after all the usual LongRide hullabaloo, you couldn't come up with even ONE Republican leader? It's cool, neither could I.

I don't watch Obermann, I barely know who he is; a liberal comedian, right? I'm not obsessed with those clowns, again, they are the ONLY voice I hear from the conservative side. That's why I refer to them so often. When Dubya was around, I referred to him.

Our President is pissing off a lot of conservatives, no doubt. But they didn't win the election, did they? Lost pretty big, actually, the Senate, the Congress, and the Executive. I still say the real issue is Obama and liberal Democrats being in power, not health care.
Old 08-14-2009, 02:21 PM   #33
Buzglyd
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenneth_Moore View Post
So after all the usual LongRide hullabaloo, you couldn't come up with even ONE Republican leader? It's cool, neither could I.

I don't watch Obermann, I barely know who he is; a liberal comedian, right? I'm not obsessed with those clowns, again, they are the ONLY voice I hear from the conservative side. That's why I refer to them so often. When Dubya was around, I referred to him.

Our President is pissing off a lot of conservatives, no doubt. But they didn't win the election, did they? Lost pretty big, actually, the Senate, the Congress, and the Executive. I still say the real issue is Obama and liberal Democrats being in power, not health care.
It's all that!

Ken, "reform" would carry a little more weight if they included attorneys in it but you won't see the Dems going anywhere near that.
Buzglyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009, 03:18 PM   #34
The_AirHawk
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by seruzawa View Post
I see people with tie-dye clothes occasionally but I find that a few warning shots and a release of 3 attack trained Rottweilers usually runs them off.
I see Dead People.
Let them hate so long as they fear
политики предпочитают безоружных крестьян
Politicians Prefer Unarmed Peasants
Nothing to see here, Citizen. Move along now...
The_AirHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009, 03:21 PM   #35
The_AirHawk
Founding Member

Quote:
I guess I'm a "problem", I'm wearing khakis and a polo shirt today. I have a crew cut too. The old stereotypes really don't fit anymore on either side.
I'm wearin' Jeans and a Company Polo - but it's all coated in a layer of Rust, Dirt, Metal-filings, and all bonded-together with sweat. And I have long hair (but bound-up in a ponytail today - grindin' and weldin') and a goatee.
Old 08-14-2009, 03:26 PM   #36
The_AirHawk
Founding Member

Quote:
I don't watch Obermann, I barely know who he is; a liberal comedian, right? I'm not obsessed with those clowns,
Then what makes you think Conservative-leaners (other than half-braindead mushmouths) listen to or follow Limburger? You're always pullin' him outta' your ass, every single time one of these political discussions come up. Personally, I can't stand the man. And I'm not a Demo (or a 'Pub, for that matter). Sometimes he has a point - but even a broken clock is right twice a day.
Old 08-14-2009, 03:34 PM   #37
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

Quote:

They don't need a leader Ken. I guess you can't get that though. You don't watch Olbermann. Well, maybe you should. You are obsessed with Rush and Hannity like nobody I have ever seen. Of course, they are all just sore losers. Coun't be that they could actually be right about something? Nope. Only the winners are right, isn't that correct Ken? So the Libs won the election. Great. Six months into winning that election, half the people in this country dont like your 'win' already, and more people think Obama is doing a crappy job than the ones that think he is doing a good one. I still say that if your 'winners' continue down the same road as the last six months, you won't have to worry about any more wins. By the way, was Obama considered a leader two years before the election? Not by a long shot, which shows anybody will do when the populace is wants a change of the current leadership. That is how we ended up with Carter, and that is how we ended up with Obama. 'Change' is not a real good thing to vote for as we are already seeing. It's funny that you ended up voting for a guy whos name you didn't even know before the primaries. Wonder how that happened?
Old 08-14-2009, 04:02 PM   #38
Kenneth_Moore
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_AirHawk View Post
Then what makes you think Conservative-leaners (other than half-braindead mushmouths) listen to or follow Limburger? You're always pullin' him outta' your ass, every single time one of these political discussions come up. Personally, I can't stand the man. And I'm not a Demo (or a 'Pub, for that matter). Sometimes he has a point - but even a broken clock is right twice a day.
I didn't bring up Limburger, I used Puff Daddy in my satire; a reference to Hannity. However, when I do reference Limburger, it's because he and others like him are the only ones speaking publicly for conservatives. Are you saying they aren't? They aren't the ones promoting the tea parties? They aren't the ones telling people to go to the town halls? If it's not them, who is? Regan's ghost?
Old 08-14-2009, 04:05 PM   #39
Kenneth_Moore
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by longride View Post
They don't need a leader Ken. I guess you can't get that though. You don't watch Olbermann. Well, maybe you should. You are obsessed with Rush and Hannity like nobody I have ever seen. Of course, they are all just sore losers. Coun't be that they could actually be right about something? Nope. Only the winners are right, isn't that correct Ken? So the Libs won the election. Great. Six months into winning that election, half the people in this country dont like your 'win' already, and more people think Obama is doing a crappy job than the ones that think he is doing a good one. I still say that if your 'winners' continue down the same road as the last six months, you won't have to worry about any more wins. By the way, was Obama considered a leader two years before the election? Not by a long shot, which shows anybody will do when the populace is wants a change of the current leadership. That is how we ended up with Carter, and that is how we ended up with Obama. 'Change' is not a real good thing to vote for as we are already seeing. It's funny that you ended up voting for a guy whos name you didn't even know before the primaries. Wonder how that happened?
You are completely obsessed with Jimmy Carter. You constantly bring Jimmy Carter into these discussions. Who said Carter represents the liberal point of view?

Seriously, I'm disappointed with Obama. Gitmo should have been long closed by now. Iraq is making progress, but it's slow. Afghanistan is going to be a disaster, we'll lose there like everybody else has. But I don't see how we can ignore it. The economy...maybe it's improving, can't say yet. Health care? Let's kill Granny.
Old 08-14-2009, 04:58 PM   #40
The_AirHawk
Founding Member

Quote:
I didn't bring up Limburger, I used Puff Daddy in my satire; a reference to Hannity. However, when I do reference Limburger, it's because he and others like him are the only ones speaking publicly for conservatives. Are you saying they aren't? They aren't the ones promoting the tea parties? They aren't the ones telling people to go to the town halls? If it's not them, who is? Regan's ghost?
OK, ok - you got me. I guess I should have said you were always "pullin' Hannity and Limburger outta your ass. Sorry.

So far as them "always speaking for Conservatives" - how the fjuck would I know? I don't watch or listen to ANY of these ass holes. (you can say "ass hole" here, and USED to be able to say "****sucker", but not "*******").

The "Tea Baggers" or whatever the hell they were seem to have already wound-down: now they're all "Republican Plants" at Democrat-run Town-Hall Meetings. Hope someone remembers to water them.

Maybe 'Pubs don't need a "Leader" - maybe they're all linked in a Hive Mind, and killing one specific 'Pub don't matter. I just read this book The Midwich Cuckoos - it's what "Village of the Damned" was based on - and all the kids in it were like that. The British and Russians killed 'em in the end, 'cuz there's no way we'd be able to live under that Master Race...........