Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Other > Motorcycle.Com Lounge

Old 08-11-2009, 10:31 AM   #11
schizuki
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenneth_Moore View Post
Ladies and Gentlemen, surely you can differentiate between the government willfully violating Constitutional guarantees of privacy in mail, telephone calls, and even private conversations.
OK, I'll bite - what would your reaction have been to Bush asking people to forward to the White House any e-mails they received or conversations they heard with "fishy" facts about the Iraq war?

"There is a lot of disinformation about health insurance reform out there, spanning from control of personal finances to end of life care. These rumors often travel just below the surface via chain emails or through casual conversation. Since we can’t keep track of all of them here at the White House, we’re asking for your help. If you get an email or see something on the web about health insurance reform that seems fishy, send it to flag@whitehouse.gov."

Serious question.

Bill Clinton and Chuck Schumer are praising the Supreme Court for overturning an anti-gay-marriage law that they both signed.
schizuki is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 08-11-2009, 10:43 AM   #12
12er
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by schizuki View Post
OK, I'll bite - what would your reaction have been to Bush asking people to forward to the White House any e-mails they received or conversations they heard with "fishy" facts about the Iraq war?

"There is a lot of disinformation about health insurance reform out there, spanning from control of personal finances to end of life care. These rumors often travel just below the surface via chain emails or through casual conversation. Since we can’t keep track of all of them here at the White House, we’re asking for your help. If you get an email or see something on the web about health insurance reform that seems fishy, send it to flag@whitehouse.gov."

Serious question.
Bad example as everything about the Iraq War was fishy. Server would of been constantly down.
12er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2009, 10:55 AM   #13
Buzglyd
Founding Member

I've now forwarded all of your posts to the White House collection list for various reasons.

Expect a knock on your door soon.
Buzglyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2009, 11:07 AM   #14
The_AirHawk
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzglyd View Post
I've now forwarded all of your posts to the White House collection list for various reasons.

Oh yeah? Well I already forwarded emails on YOU first! So Nyahh-nyahh!
Let them hate so long as they fear
политики предпочитают безоружных крестьян
Politicians Prefer Unarmed Peasants
Nothing to see here, Citizen. Move along now...
The_AirHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2009, 11:10 AM   #15
SmokeU
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzglyd View Post

Excellent use of facts/data.
SmokeU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2009, 11:16 AM   #16
Kenneth_Moore
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12er View Post
Bad example as everything about the Iraq War was fishy. Server would of been constantly down.
You beat me to the punch line.

Seriously - I don't see what the big deal is here. For one thing, they're operating right out in the open. There is a huge amount of bull**** going around on the issue, no doubt. Asking people to let them know what they're seeing so they can respond to it just doesn't seem all that totalitarian to me. Frankly, it makes perfect sense.

Last edited by Kenneth_Moore : 08-11-2009 at 11:22 AM.
Kenneth_Moore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2009, 11:45 AM   #17
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12er View Post
By 'fishy' do you mean the way Clinton and Kerry voted for the war, and then claimed that Bush started the whole thing all by his lonesome? LOL I guess you are right, that is 'fishy'. At least Iraq was a win. Let me know who is going to 'win' with the health care fix. Here's a hint: We all lose.

Last edited by longride : 08-11-2009 at 11:50 AM.
longride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2009, 11:49 AM   #18
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

"There is a huge amount of bull**** going around on the issue, no doubt."

Really?? Too bad most of it is from your Liberal buddies! The whole thing is BS. The government is going to be in debt to the tune of 1.8 TRILLION dollars this year. That is 4 TIMES as much as last year. Adding another TRILLION to the debt for their health care 'fix' is not only fiscally stupid, but insane. That doesn't even take into account the propensity of the Gov to f*ck up everything they touch.
Old 08-11-2009, 11:50 AM   #19
SmokeU
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by longride View Post
"There is a huge amount of bull**** going around on the issue, no doubt."

Really?? Too bad most of it is from your Liberal buddies! The whole thing is BS. The government is going to be in debt to the tune of 1.8 TRILLION dollars this year. That is 4 TIMES as much as last year. Adding another TRILLION to the debt for their health care 'fix' is not only fiscally stupid, but insane. That doesn't even take into account the propensity of the Gov to f*ck up everything they touch.

Especially when the "fix" only helps a very small percentage of the population.
SmokeU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2009, 11:57 AM   #20
acecycleins
Founding Member

So if Bushy set up all his spying via Facebook, My Space, Twitter and the Fed sites using cookies to track it's "friends" that's ok? I knew that Bush was techno-challenged- if he'd only had hired a geek on staff it would have all been fine. Just making sure that we're clear on that>