Motorcycle Forum

Motorcycle Forum (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/)
-   Motorcycle.Com Lounge (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycle-com-lounge/)
-   -   Fighting for Our Rights! (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycle-com-lounge/12784-fighting-for-our-rights.html)

Kenneth_Moore 08-09-2009 03:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by V2Rider (Post 221193)

Clearly this issue has gone far beyond a rational discussion of healthcare. There is no doubt that there are people going to local political meetings for the express purpose of being disruptive and creating a commotion. I'm ok with that; we did the same thing when I was a student, but it was over different issues. Given that, it should come as no surprise if the politicians are on edge; they have a reason to be. So some Dr. got yelled at; somehow, I think he's going to be ok.

I think what's really happening here is that after dominating government for decades, conservatives in general, and the Republicans specifically, got their asses handed to them in the last election and they are fighting back. They're taking this issue and making it the battleground. I honestly think very few people who are pushing this anti-reform agenda give one cent what happens in health care. They are seeking to galvanize a constituency in a way similar to what Obama did in '08. It remains to be seen what the result will be.

seruzawa 08-09-2009 03:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by schizuki (Post 221122)
If you think healthcare is a serious problem now, wait until the government controls even more of it.

Perfect is the enemy of excellent.

Death rates for cancer are higher for all income levels in Canada and Britain and every other socialized medicine system in the world than in the USA. Funny how that's ignored by the lefties in all their arguments for govt controlled deathcare.

I'm sorry for people who have had trouble with insurance companies denying treatments. I'm also sorry for the lady who had cancer treatment denied her by the Oregon Socialized Medicine Bureaucracy and got referred to the assisted suicide people instead.

So we can point out all the faults of our system. How does that make more govt involvement a solution? Who actually believes that the govt won't immediately begin rationing based on age and "value to society". Naturally "value" will depend on factors like if you are a politician... oh wait, they are going to opt out and keep their own private care system paid for by us.

Every instance of govt trying to solve social problems has ended up with those problems becoming worse. Every one. You only need see the inner cities to see what the liberals intend to export to your own neighborhood.

seruzawa 08-09-2009 03:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kenneth_Moore (Post 221187)
It's amazing what people will believe when it fits their preconcieved notions.

Yes. Isn't it?

longride 08-09-2009 05:25 PM

"It's amazing what people will believe when it fits their preconcieved notions."

Wow. If THAT isn't the most ironic statement I ever heard! Old Ken will battle to the death to prove that the Dems really care about us and the Repubs don't. This just in Ken. Neither one gives a flying f&ck about you. Maybe you will figure that out one day....but I won't hold my breath waiting for it to happen.

longride 08-09-2009 05:33 PM

"Clearly this issue has gone far beyond a rational discussion of healthcare."

Since when did the Liberals ever have a rational discussion on anything in the last 8 years? From 'Bush's War' to 'Global Warming', they have shouted down all the opposition, and demonized everyone that doesn't agree, just like you did Ken. Well, the time has come to shout them down, and you and them don't like it. What goes around comes around. It always does.

schizuki 08-09-2009 07:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by longride (Post 221203)
Since when did the Liberals ever have a rational discussion on anything in the last 8 years? From 'Bush's War' to 'Global Warming', they have shouted down all the opposition, and demonized everyone that doesn't agree

Isn't it comically ironic to see liberals complaining about community organizers? And shouty protesters? And reckless assassination jokes? And accusations of adherence to totalitarian political philosophies? And insulting Photoshops of the President?

The level of projection is staggering. Has the papier-mache even fully cured on their noosed, Hitler-moustached, swastika-armband-wearing giant Bush puppets?

Me, I would hope the town hall protesters would be vigorous, forceful, and polite. I don't want conservatives and libertarians to be as insane as the Robespierrian left. So far it's just excessive shoutiness. I doubt it will get worse than that.

The_AirHawk 08-09-2009 08:25 PM

12er 08-09-2009 09:37 PM

If the Gov took over health care, networked medical records and pooled the treatments and results into a search able database (like the VA), too many valuable drugs and procedures would be found ineffective and taken off the market. Too many people would be living longer bringing on the destruction of Social Security even faster. THIS CANNOT HAPPEN, think of the bottom line people. There is just way too much money to be made in the pain and suffering of stringing people along with ineffective treatments and denial of coverage.

With different benefits over the years Ive had about 11 primary care doctors all with their own records. Being over half have been longer than 7 years, anything they had on me has been destroyed. Not the best way to do things in my opinion.

Still this bill doesnt do that to my knowledge and wont go anywhere. Too many pockets lined in health care gold.

seruzawa 08-10-2009 06:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by schizuki (Post 221213)
Me, I would hope the town hall protesters would be vigorous, forceful, and polite. I don't want conservatives and libertarians to be as insane as the Robespierrian left. So far it's just excessive shoutiness. I doubt it will get worse than that.

Robespierreian left. I like that. These easily led idiots actually think they are modern thinkers. The spectacle is as entertaining as always. Myself, I prefer Lenin's term, useful idiots. How long do you think until they pull out the guillotines? Start shooting everyone who doesn't have calloused hands? You know, the usual antics.

My mind still boggles at anyone who can say with a straight face that govt control of healthcare will improve it. Stupid or foolish? We report...You decide!

seruzawa 08-10-2009 06:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by longride (Post 221203)
"Clearly this issue has gone far beyond a rational discussion of healthcare."

Since when did the Liberals ever have a rational discussion on anything in the last 8 years? From 'Bush's War' to 'Global Warming', they have shouted down all the opposition, and demonized everyone that doesn't agree, just like you did Ken. Well, the time has come to shout them down, and you and them don't like it. What goes around comes around. It always does.

Eight? Try 27 years. Ever since the nutbar left gained ascendancy and nominated McGovern. Ever since then they've given the never ending "progressive" spewm of demonization. Heck, it's been successful. Look how many people believe that the Democrats freed the slaves. They are great propagandists. Some of the best in history. They've even pulled off the greatest trick ever. The ability to bribe the public with their own money.