Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Other > Motorcycle.Com Lounge

Old 08-07-2009, 04:00 PM   #11
Kenneth_Moore
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzglyd View Post
I guess the destroy Bush at any cost was ok though. Now we've got the White House asking for snitches to forward critical emails. Can you imagine if W had asked for that?
Bush needed destroying. He was a rabid dog without a leash.

Maybe the White House wants to see what's being spewed out so they can respond to it. Every email I ever sent I've considered public information...you should think of yours the same way, because they are.

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 08-07-2009, 04:01 PM   #12
acecycleins
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenneth_Moore View Post
What say I Buzz? Your email makes my point. I say turning a desperately needed reform of our health care system into a "Destroy Obama At Any Cost" political bomb is wrong. I don't think Obama has all the answers, but dammit he is trying to address what I personally know to be a very, very serious problem in this country. Now a bunch of talk show hosts have totally blown the whole thing out of proportion, turned it into the worst threat to America since the Cold War. It's the ultimate distraction, forget the real issue everyone, let's go tear a new one in the Evil Obama and his Legion of Doom.
Ken, that's because he's selling something that would put people in jail in the private sector if it were sold. He's rushing not one but three bills through. All are 1200 pages. There should be no rush for this. It's a process that should take at least 1 or 2 years to correctly filter through. We are not at critical mass to fix this right this second. What we need is a proper fix. Not a rushed mess. We're getting a rushed mess because the libs think that if they don't jam this through that Barry will never get it done. If we just slowed down this process and allowed the "people" to converse with the lawmakers maybe next year they could try this again. Now is not the time.
Barry needs to fix one problem at a time. Economy should be first. Jobs and tax relief for small business should be next. Then he can address his pet projects and see what happens.

Last edited by acecycleins : 08-07-2009 at 04:03 PM.
acecycleins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2009, 04:05 PM   #13
Buzglyd
Founding Member

Funny how 14 months of debate over Iraq was a "rush to war!" yet BO and the libs want to jam through healthcare immediately.
Buzglyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2009, 04:08 PM   #14
schizuki
Founding Member

Our healthcare system is the best in the world, but it isn't perfect or free. Therefore it must be changed to be just as excellent and innovative, but much cheaper and more widely accessible by all, by the same government that administers Medicaid/Medicare and runs VA hospitals.

Anybody who finds this illogical is a swastika-wearing Astroturfing teabagger racist.

Bill Clinton and Chuck Schumer are praising the Supreme Court for overturning an anti-gay-marriage law that they both signed.
schizuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2009, 04:10 PM   #15
schizuki
Founding Member

Quote:
but dammit he is trying to address what I personally know to be a very, very serious problem in this country.
If you think healthcare is a serious problem now, wait until the government controls even more of it.

Perfect is the enemy of excellent.

Bill Clinton and Chuck Schumer are praising the Supreme Court for overturning an anti-gay-marriage law that they both signed.
schizuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2009, 04:57 PM   #16
V2Rider
Premium Member

Quote:
Bush needed destroying. He was a rabid dog without a leash.
Are you for real?

George Bush -

Signed onto Medicare Part D which enables our seniors to get the meds they need. The problem, he compromised. liberals thought it wasn't enough, conservatives to much.

Funded embryonic stem cell research (first time by the feds) on the line of stem cells already in existence. The problem, he compromised. The conservatives wanted it banned and the liberals wanted it totally funded. In the meantime other cells have been made that mimic embryonic stem cells. The research was never banned, just not federally funded.

Signed onto No Child Left Behind cosponsored by the Chappaquidnic kid. The problem, he compromised. The conservatives want the Dept of Education eliminated and the liberals want more federal funds even though we spend more on education than just about everyone else.

Warned as early as 2001 that Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac were headed for disaster and recommended more regulations.

Pushed for comprehensive immigration reform. Again he was willing to compromise. Conservatives were pissed because it wasn't tough enough, liberals incensed because it was to tough and mean spirited.

Took out a dictator (with the support of Congress and the American people) that had planned to assassinate a former U.S. President, invaded two nations, violated the cease fire he had with us, violated every sanction and resolution passed by the beloved (by libs anyway) United Nations, targeted our planes and airmen, and while not involved with 9/11, supported terrorism. Let's not forget what he had done to his own people, gas attacks, rape rooms, summary executions.

For all the talk about our foreign relations, Bush never insulted the Brits or turned on Israel. He also stood with the Polish and Czech governements who stood with us on missile defense where as the annointed one is ready to sell them out. He never sided with Hugo Chavez and the Castro brothers against one of our allies (Honduras) like Obama has. Never saw him bow to a Saudi king either.

And I don't ever remember him apologizing for America.

a real rabid dog that guy.

Did he make mistakes, sure he did. They all do. When Obama is finished he will make George W. Bush look like a piker.

Last edited by V2Rider : 08-07-2009 at 08:11 PM.
V2Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2009, 01:14 PM   #17
seruzawa
The Toad

Quote:
Originally Posted by V2Rider View Post
Are you for real?

George Bush -

Signed onto Medicare Part D which enables our seniors to get the meds they need. The problem, he compromised. liberals thought it wasn't enough, conservatives to much.

Funded embryonic stem cell research (first time by the feds) on the line of stem cells already in existence. The problem, he compromised. The conservatives wanted it banned and the liberals wanted it totally funded. In the meantime other cells have been made that mimic embryonic stem cells. The research was never banned, just not federally funded.

Signed onto No Child Left Behind cosponsored by the Chappaquidnic kid. The problem, he compromised. The conservatives want the Dept of Education eliminated and the liberals want more federal funds even though we spend more on education than just about everyone else.

Warned as early as 2001 that Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac were headed for disaster and recommended more regulations.

Pushed for comprehensive immigration reform. Again he was willing to compromise. Conservatives were pissed because it wasn't tough enough, liberals incensed because it was to tough and mean spirited.

Took out a dictator (with the support of Congress and the American people) that had planned to assassinate a former U.S. President, invaded two nations, violated the cease fire he had with us, violated every sanction and resolution passed by the beloved (by libs anyway) United Nations, targeted our planes and airmen, and while not involved with 9/11, supported terrorism. Let's not forget what he had done to his own people, gas attacks, rape rooms, summary executions.

For all the talk about our foreign relations, Bush never insulted the Brits or turned on Israel. He also stood with the Polish and Czech governements who stood with us on missile defense where as the annointed one is ready to sell them out. He never sided with Hugo Chavez and the Castro brothers against one of our allies (Honduras) like Obama has. Never saw him bow to a Saudi king either.

And I don't ever remember him apologizing for America.

a real rabid dog that guy.

Did he make mistakes, sure he did. They all do. When Obama is finished he will make George W. Bush look like a piker.
Anyone who said that Bush was a conservative was either a fool or a liar. A big spender with an aggressive policy of foreign wars? Standard Democrat policies.

And what does it say when the new guy is still following Bush's policies, almost without exception? Says a lot about his followers.

Remember... ridicule is the "progressive's" main tactic against anyone who threaten's the left's goals of a one party totalitarian state. REf. Saul Alinsky.

I wonder how much Ken gets paid to post this drivel. I'm surprised he didn't work in another maddog attack on Palin's kids while he was at it.
seruzawa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2009, 01:50 PM   #18
Kenneth_Moore
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by V2Rider View Post
Are you for real?

George W. Bush look like a piker.
Nah, I just like saying stuff to get the crowd riled up. I'm practicing for my new career as a radio talk show host. It's great, you take a simple health insurance reform issue and turn it into "The End of America As We Know It." It's amazing what people will believe when it fits their preconcieved notions.

Take a minute an read something that's no where near as exciting as the BS being promoted by the insurance companies to protect their vested interests, or by Republicans whose real agenda has nothing to do with improving healthcare. It's remarkable.

washingtonpost.com
Old 08-09-2009, 02:29 PM   #19
Buzglyd
Founding Member

Quote:
Nah, I just like saying stuff to get the crowd riled up. I'm practicing for my new career as a radio talk show host. It's great, you take a simple health insurance reform issue and turn it into "The End of America As We Know It." It's amazing what people will believe when it fits their preconcieved notions.

Take a minute an read something that's no where near as exciting as the BS being promoted by the insurance companies to protect their vested interests, or by Republicans whose real agenda has nothing to do with improving healthcare. It's remarkable.

washingtonpost.com - nation, world, technology and Washington area news and headlines
Kmo, just take a look at the original Medicare cost projections. It turned out a little different.

And also, the whining dems complaining about "scare tactics" have really short memories. Remember when Newt Gingrich was talking about Medicare, he said it was like a command economy and if we just gave seniors more choices, he believed they would opt out of Medicare and it would "wither on the vine."

Well of course the Dems took just the "whither on the vine" part and used it over and over in TV ads and told old people Republicans wanted to kill them.

Seen any of that video of union thugs beating up protestors?
Buzglyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2009, 02:45 PM   #20
V2Rider
Premium Member

Default Our reps at work

Funny, I thought these a**h***s worked for us.

Georgia Democrat yells at local doctor over health care - The Back Story - Washington Times