Motorcycle Forum

Motorcycle Forum (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/)
-   Motorcycle.Com Lounge (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycle-com-lounge/)
-   -   Could it happen? (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycle-com-lounge/12730-could-happen.html)

gremlin21 08-02-2009 04:49 PM

I got a question about sport -touring bikes.I own a 2008 c50 ,my first street bike.And am looking for a used straight across trade for a used touring sport.Any one have any advice on type or brands?.I have had a suzuki rm250 83 dirtbike and currently own a well cared for and ready to ride 90 yz 490 yamaha. I have been looking at the fjr100 yamaha or the honda st,both a beautiful bikes.Just looking for something that corners well at moderate speeds.

gremlin21 08-02-2009 04:52 PM

sorry about those mispells.That's a fjr1000 or the honda st 1100,some where in that range.Price is an issue though

Buzglyd 08-02-2009 05:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kenneth_Moore (Post 220673)
It's already done. Companies who can afford it can have all this information and more provided by service providers. There are two major corporations in the US who do this, one in Miami. They have created databases that would boggle your mind. I visited the Miami company back around 1999; back then they had every bit of data suggested in the link for the vast majority of US citizens. They were busy filling in the blanks and adding foreign countries. The insurance company I worked for was considering using them for demographic data. By now they must have taken it far further.

There is a huge difference between a private company collecting data to better serve you and the gov't collecting data to control you.

You don't have to give the grocery store your club card if you don't want to or you can shop someplace that doesn't use them.

I haven't figured out a way to opt out of gov't tyranny yet. Have you?

seruzawa 08-02-2009 07:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buzglyd (Post 220687)
There is a huge difference between a private company collecting data to better serve you and the gov't collecting data to control you.

You don't have to give the grocery store your club card if you don't want to or you can shop someplace that doesn't use them.

I haven't figured out a way to opt out of gov't tyranny yet. Have you?

No business can send armed agents to your house to force you to buy their products. Only the govt can and does do that. Yet so many people fear business and believe the govt will protect them. There's no real evidence to support that belief, so I just call it a religious belief based on superstition. Just like Christians believe in heaven a lot of secular people believe in govt.

The_AirHawk 08-02-2009 07:58 PM

Christians aren't the only group to "believe in Heaven", but I digress.

I've got a frie....erm, "associate" of mine, totally HATES the "new" money, but is too-paranoid to deal in check-cards/paperless banking. So, all the cash he gets, he defaces by pulling the metalized filiment out of the bill - says that way, The Government won't be able to drive by his house and use their "Money Scanner" to see how much cash he has sequestered-away. He also refuses to have a computer in his house - says The Government has another scanner that can remotely monitor the electromagnetic signature of what you're looking-at on your computer screen, and can see what you're typing using another type of scanner that can read your keystrokes (all WITHOUT being hooked to any network).

Buzglyd 08-02-2009 08:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The_AirHawk (Post 220690)
Christians aren't the only group to "believe in Heaven", but I digress.

I've got a frie....erm, "associate" of mine, totally HATES the "new" money, but is too-paranoid to deal in check-cards/paperless banking. So, all the cash he gets, he defaces by pulling the metalized filiment out of the bill - says that way, The Government won't be able to drive by his house and use their "Money Scanner" to see how much cash he has sequestered-away. He also refuses to have a computer in his house - says The Government has another scanner that can remotely monitor the electromagnetic signature of what you're looking-at on your computer screen, and can see what you're typing using another type of scanner that can read your keystrokes (all WITHOUT being hooked to any network).

I didn't know you worked with Seruzawa.

pplassm 08-03-2009 05:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The_AirHawk (Post 220690)
He also refuses to have a computer in his house - says The Government has another scanner that can remotely monitor the electromagnetic signature of what you're looking-at on your computer screen, and can see what you're typing using another type of scanner that can read your keystrokes (all WITHOUT being hooked to any network).

Actually, for a while I worked for an agency that could do exactly that. It's not that hard.

seruzawa 08-03-2009 06:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pplassm (Post 220703)
Actually, for a while I worked for an agency that could do exactly that. It's not that hard.

The advent of LCD screens makes that quite a bit harder.

seruzawa 08-03-2009 06:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buzglyd (Post 220693)
I didn't know you worked with Seruzawa.

Ha! You laugh. But I always turn out being right don't I? Bwahahahahahaha

pplassm 08-03-2009 07:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by seruzawa (Post 220704)
The advent of LCD screens makes that quite a bit harder.

Well, it was a while ago. We used to read the signals from electric typewriters, too.