Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Other > Motorcycle.Com Lounge

Old 07-31-2009, 11:32 AM   #21
Kenneth_Moore
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by longride View Post
1. So you believe in not moving our businesses overseas, yet you own and ride a Japanese motorcycle? Ok. Got ya on that one.

No, you don't. Suzuki didn't close plants in the US and re-open them in Japan. Suzuki came in with their product and sold it against the US competition, in some cases, with tariffs levied that put them at a disadvantage. We're talking about US companies closing US factories and re-opening them in foreign countries, this is NOT the same as buying a foreign product, it's not even close.

2. So we need the highest bidders for our 'services'? OK. You and everyone else going to pay for that? 10-4 good buddy!

Huh? Can you re-state that?

3. So if making money isn't the most important thing in life, why aren't you riding motorcycles for a living? What a load of Liberal crap. Sorry. You love money as much or more than anyone on this board. Of course, acting like you don't makes you the 'moral superior' right? Just like your 'global warming' schtick. You care SO MUCH about the environment......just as long as it doesn't interfere with your lifestyle. Quit the phony posturing and admit you do your job for the money, otherwise you wouldn't show up every day, just like the rest of us.

We are on the EXACT same page, only you have some fantasies that don't jibe with your words. When was the last time you paid more to buy a NEW American product? I bet not in a looooog time or never. You want the cheapest prices like everyone else does, but please don't move out the production out of the country. Ok, so you own a business, and your competetor just moved overseas and is kicking your ass on pricing. Since making money isn't all that important to you, I guess a guy like you just goes out of business and goes surfing. Gotta love you Ken. You come through every time.
Of course I work for money, but I can tell you it is NOT the most important thing in my life. My relationship with God comes first, my son comes second, money and job are probably 3rd or 4th in there. I did give up my $150k job to go sell motorcycles and captain boats. I had a blast doing it, and I still would be. I had to stop and go back to the job when I became my son's only support and only hope for college etc.

I'm not some "free-range hippie" with stars in my eyes. My point was that profit and money cannot be the ONLY thing that drives our decisions. Profit and money are fine, but they have to balance with other things.

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 07-31-2009, 11:50 AM   #22
seruzawa
The Toad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenneth_Moore View Post
Of course I work for money, but I can tell you it is NOT the most important thing in my life. My relationship with God comes first, my son comes second, money and job are probably 3rd or 4th in there. I did give up my $150k job to go sell motorcycles and captain boats. I had a blast doing it, and I still would be. I had to stop and go back to the job when I became my son's only support and only hope for college etc.

I'm not some "free-range hippie" with stars in my eyes. My point was that profit and money cannot be the ONLY thing that drives our decisions. Profit and money are fine, but they have to balance with other things.
Actually I agree with you 100%. I've had job offers in L.A. with extremely substantial raises but I will never subject my family to that horrid city. I'm pretty content in Utah. Heck I can sit on the back porch of my cabin and plink at cans with a cold brew nearby. What more could one ask for? (Except a 1050 Tiger).
seruzawa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 11:58 AM   #23
The_AirHawk
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by seruzawa
Heck I can sit on the back porch of my cabin and plink at cans with a cold brew nearby. What more could one ask for? (Except a 1050 Tiger).
For the Wife to go GET ME ANOTHER BEER - AND MAKE IT SNAPPY!........
Let them hate so long as they fear
политики предпочитают безоружных крестьян
Politicians Prefer Unarmed Peasants
Nothing to see here, Citizen. Move along now...
The_AirHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 12:25 PM   #24
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

"We're talking about US companies closing US factories and re-opening them in foreign countries, this is NOT the same as buying a foreign product, it's not even close.'

Yes it is close. You don't buy American they have two choices: Go out of business or relocate to cut costs. I guess you can't figure that out?

"Of course I work for money,..."

Yes you do. And so do I. We do because it's IMPORTANT! Poverty is overrated.

.."but I can tell you it is NOT the most important thing in my life. My relationship with God comes first,.."

Really? So you spend more time with your relationship with God than you do working and making money? Hard to believe you would, but ok. Moral posturing aside, not every decision in a corporate world is about profits. To say that is very wrong. Besides, who says people that make decisions that are purely financial are any more wrong than you are?

Last edited by longride : 07-31-2009 at 12:28 PM.
longride is offline   Reply With Quote