Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Other > Motorcycle.Com Lounge

Old 07-22-2009, 12:33 PM   #1
seruzawa
The Toad

Default Civil rights

American Thinker: America's Three Worst Presidents

Interesting read on LBJ and the anti-Civil Rights Democrats.

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 07-22-2009, 12:52 PM   #2
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

You are nuts! The Republicans created all the race problems, and the Democrats fixed them all. At least that is what Ken said, and I believe him.
Old 07-22-2009, 01:35 PM   #3
Kenneth_Moore
Registered Member

I envy your time for enjoying your intellectual pursuits. You should enroll in some Political Science classes in a nearby university, just so you can annoy the crap out of the profs.
Old 07-22-2009, 01:38 PM   #4
Buzglyd
Founding Member

Why do you think I majored in Poli Sci in college Ken? I drove all the wacko-lefty profs nuts.

Or I could have been drunk. I can't remember.
Buzglyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009, 01:48 PM   #5
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

Hey Ken, 'The Messiah' is going to be on tonight to pitch how he is going to 'fix' health care. You need to watch to get lots of head nodding in today, and maybe you can give a pep talk to your neighbors and fellow workers. If he fixes health care like he fixed up the economy, we are in for a real treat! Nothing like spending ANOTHER trillon dollars on a complete clusterf&ck.
Old 07-22-2009, 01:55 PM   #6
seruzawa
The Toad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenneth_Moore View Post
I envy your time for enjoying your intellectual pursuits. You should enroll in some Political Science classes in a nearby university, just so you can annoy the crap out of the profs.
Been there done that.
Old 07-22-2009, 02:09 PM   #7
seruzawa
The Toad

Quote:
Originally Posted by longride View Post
Hey Ken, 'The Messiah' is going to be on tonight to pitch how he is going to 'fix' health care. You need to watch to get lots of head nodding in today, and maybe you can give a pep talk to your neighbors and fellow workers. If he fixes health care like he fixed up the economy, we are in for a real treat! Nothing like spending ANOTHER trillon dollars on a complete clusterf&ck.
Well, since O-boy didn't write the Porkulus Bill and didn't know what was in it when he demanded it's passage it stands to reason that he doesn't have clue what's in the Govt Deathcare Bill. Well, he admitted that today. But he knows we need it though he doesn't know what's in it. (And they called Bush an idiot).

But I do know some of it. Some of the features include:

You are required to have healthcare insurance and the Fed will have the power to take the premiums for it from your bank account whether you like it or not.

If you lose you present job you must go on Govt Deathcare.

If you need to change your present policy you must go on Govt Deathcare.

You medical records will be owned by the Fed govt.

You cannot refuse mental health treatment, even Shock Treatment or a Lobotomy if a certified shrink says you need one.

Treatment is rationed on a "cost effectiveness" basis. The elderly who are retired thus don't "need" hip replacements or corneas. Or dialysis.

I worked for the DoD for 10 years and worked as an engineering contractor for another 10. Only a fool wants the govt to manage healthcare. Heck, anyone who ever tried to get a building permit or a driver's license should already know this.
Old 07-22-2009, 02:30 PM   #8
Buzglyd
Founding Member

Don't forget, illegal aliens will not be required to purchase health insurance but will still receive free care under the gov't system.
Buzglyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009, 03:24 PM   #9
Kenneth_Moore
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by longride View Post
If he's stilll on when I get home at 9:00 from slaving away at GE, I'll watch.

I know people are terrified by the idea of uncaring bureaucracies, complicated paperwork, and long waits for routine care. I just can't figure out why, since that's the norm today. Someday over a beer I'll tell you how our wonderful private insurance system killed my son's Mom years before her time.
Old 07-22-2009, 03:24 PM   #10
acecycleins
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzglyd View Post
Why do you think I majored in Poli Sci in college Ken? I drove all the wacko-lefty profs nuts.

Or I could have been drunk. I can't remember.
I'm going with drunk. I loved messing with the lib profs at GA State. They were an easier target than the community college I started out in. Those guys at community college taught and still had second jobs- they were a bit cagey when messed with.