Motorcycle Forum

Motorcycle Forum (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/)
-   Motorcycle.Com Lounge (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycle-com-lounge/)
-   -   I was thinking..... (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycle-com-lounge/12536-i-thinking.html)

acecycleins 07-14-2009 03:06 PM

My tire buddies just told me that if I move the front fender up some I can put the Bridgestone TW40's under her. They'd be the same size (which will slow the handling some) , but it's just a toy- so, who cares. It's not like I'm doing Enduros with it. I just emailed Showa about a longer travel rear shock for the bike. My suspension buddies at the Duc Shop said they help me with longer fork tubes and springs.

pushrod 07-14-2009 03:33 PM

You'll need to get two 'T's for the logo:

--- BlasTT ---

I'm thinking you'll need a much different setup with the exhaust. That underslung can works great, but you'll damn sure high-center on it, if you don't actually catch something with it.

And a guard for the oil filter...

mugwump58 07-14-2009 05:15 PM

Isn't there someone in England doing or proposing to do crazy things to a Blast?

Where did I leave that piece of paper?

Mac Motorcycles - Rediscover the Joy of owning a Motorcycle Not really what your talking about, but interesting in an almost disturbing way.

There's an EX 500 on ADV with some interesting modifications. I'll see if I can find it. That's way more fun than doing what I'm supposed to be doing.

Dr_Sprocket 07-14-2009 07:15 PM

ACE, there's a couple of guys on the Buelletinboard (my second favorite motorcycle website) that have taken Blasts and modified them into mutant supermotos. Here are a couple of links to check out:

Super Blastard - BuelletinBoard

Buell Blast Vader and Starkiller - The tale of a modified blast!

EZBlastsBikes : EZBlasts Bikes! Star-Killer and Vader!

For the last link (Yahoo! link), you need to sign up for a Yahoo user acccount. Hope that helps!

seruzawa 07-15-2009 06:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr_Sprocket (Post 218730)
ACE, there's a couple of guys on the Buelletinboard (my second favorite motorcycle website) that have taken Blasts and modified them into mutant supermotos. Here are a couple of links to check out:

Super Blastard - BuelletinBoard

Buell Blast Vader and Starkiller - The tale of a modified blast!

EZBlastsBikes : EZBlasts Bikes! Star-Killer and Vader!

For the last link (Yahoo! link), you need to sign up for a Yahoo user acccount. Hope that helps!

Those things have about 10 times the cool of any custom chopper or blinged Busa.

sarnali2 07-15-2009 09:33 AM

Cool Bikes, not something I would have thought of but they look like a blast..(ahmm)....

acecycleins 07-15-2009 09:41 AM

Pro Taper Bars, XB headlight, Uly Belt guard, Kevlar belt, Works Rear shock with 6.4 in of travel, Longer 37mm fork tubes and associated springs. That Pea Shooter exhaust on the Mac website is similar to what I want but with a Jardine can. Mikuni Flat Slide 40mm seems like the winner so far. The Can and Carb are the biggest investment so far. Everything else I can get pretty cheap.

Neal 07-15-2009 09:54 AM

Do it ACE!!! Ive been thinking of doing something with my wife's Blast (she doesnt ride it much) but ive been meeting resistance. i was leaning more towards a cafe racer look but the SCRAMBLER idea seems cool. Please keep us posted.

Kenneth_Moore 07-15-2009 10:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by acecycleins (Post 218717)
It's lighter than a Bonni and Enfield scrambler. It's easy to work on. It's small and fits into my Toyo p-up with the tailgate up. Easy to find parts. Decent mileage. Cheap to buy. And with the right tires it should be a hoot on fire roads.

Ok, but aside from all that stuff, why?

Seriously, I hear S&S has a kit that allows you to double the displacment with a new jug, piston, rod, and crank. You need a really big hole saw, though.

acecycleins 07-15-2009 10:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kenneth_Moore (Post 218771)
Ok, but aside from all that stuff, why?

Seriously, I hear S&S has a kit that allows you to double the displacment with a new jug, piston, rod, and crank. You need a really big hole saw, though.

Haven't you ever rode a tw200 at a camp ground- Wishing for slightly more fun, but still keeping the wheels planted? The Blast isn't terribly heavy. With small changes it could scoot down any fire road in N GA without problem. I could also commute on the thing. It' will certainly get better mileage than the K bike. And no one else has anything like it around here. Stops between Cumming and Deals Gap will get people looking.