Motorcycle Forum

Motorcycle Forum (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/index.php)
-   Motorcycle.Com Lounge (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   Those Nazis were pretty damn smart. (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/showthread.php?t=12408)

seruzawa 07-03-2009 01:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mugwump58 (Post 217981)
I agree with you to a point. Imagine a Soldier thrown into an operational infantry unit who isn't awarded a CIB like all the other members of his fire team because the reqs require holding that MOS. Or imagine the red legs performing foot patrols, sweeps through an area or clearing buildings. Things are conveluded at best. There are still the bs moves associated with the CAB. All depends on the S-1 on who gets what, the percentages dictated by higher ect.... Only the individual and peers know the real deal. Unfortunately the chicken **** ones are often worn by those whose whose sense of right and wrong are much different from, I suspect,those here today.

I'm thinking that in todays environment an "Action Badge" worn on A and B uniform might make more sense. Isn't that how the Navy and their minions do it?

Ha! You don't have to tell me. When I was in Nam they gave out Silver Stars to Colonels for simply commanding a Regiment for 6 months. Never had to leave the office. I know of USAF maintenance officers putting themselves in for Bronze Stars for riding around in a chopper until they got shot at...... and they'd actually get the medal!

sarnali2 07-03-2009 01:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by seruzawa (Post 217988)
Ha! You don't have to tell me. When I was in Nam they gave out Silver Stars to Colonels for simply commanding a Regiment for 6 months. Never had to leave the office. I know of USAF maintenance officers putting themselves in for Bronze Stars for riding around in a chopper until they got shot at...... and they'd actually get the medal!

A couple of years back the General in command at Fort Lewis was outed for knowingly wearing a VietNam combat medal and a few others he didn't earn, it caused such an uproar in the local military community that he wound up eating a .45 slug and punching his own ticket.

Death before Dishonour I guess....

V2Rider 07-03-2009 04:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sarnali2 (Post 217989)
A couple of years back the General in command at Fort Lewis was outed for knowingly wearing a VietNam combat medal and a few others he didn't earn, it caused such an uproar in the local military community that he wound up eating a .45 slug and punching his own ticket.

Death before Dishonour I guess....

Unfortunately it happens more than you would think. When I was stationed in Germany years ago a CSM was nominated for the USAREUR CSM position. When they reviewed his file they found that he had worn his brothers medals for valor from Viet Nam on his promotion photos. He was forced to retire and it made the General that nominated him look foolish.