Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Other > Motorcycle.Com Lounge

Old 06-30-2009, 09:35 AM   #31
The_AirHawk
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenneth_Moore View Post
When the IRS comes to your house, just say: "I forgot."
"Really? Oh well, that's OK then - just don't let it happen again, or we'll give you a REALLY Stern Look next time............."
Let them hate so long as they fear
политики предпочитают безоружных крестьян
Politicians Prefer Unarmed Peasants
Nothing to see here, Citizen. Move along now...
The_AirHawk is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 06-30-2009, 09:40 AM   #32
seruzawa
The Toad

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_AirHawk View Post
"Really? Oh well, that's OK then - just don't let it happen again, or we'll give you a REALLY Stern Look next time............."
I'm sorry Your Honor. I FORGOT that armed robbery was against the law.
Old 07-02-2009, 03:44 PM   #33
Kenneth_Moore
Registered Member

I sped over to the HD dealership at lunch to claim my Bool Gorilla Gear bike lock (they didn't have them Sunday when I was by). They still didn't have the lock, but I got to demo ride an XR1200.

It's a sexy beast. Best looking HD I've seen in years. I like the ride, after getting used to it, you could really get crazy with the thing and tear up some asphalt. But, having said that, I have to say it wouldn't get me off the DL1000. This might sound self-serving, but the more bikes I ride the more amazed I am with the DL. It's just a great bike, lots of power, great handling, good brakes, good suspension. And very comfy, at 30 or 80mph. Yay V-Strom!
Old 07-04-2009, 09:42 AM   #34
V2Rider
Premium Member

Default Road Glide update

Quote:
Originally Posted by V2Rider View Post
Heard that the Road Glide will be gone for 2010 as well, though there is a chance it will be updated and be back in the future.
I talked to the manager at the local HD shop where I worked for a bit. He told me that HD will bring back the RG but with an Ultra and Street version. The Ultra version would be something I'd be interested in if I already hadn't spent a ton updating the one I've got.

Last edited by V2Rider : 07-04-2009 at 09:45 AM.
V2Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2009, 10:10 AM   #35
Kenneth_Moore
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by V2Rider View Post
I talked to the manager at the local HD shop where I worked for a bit. He told me that HD will bring back the RG but with an Ultra and Street version. The Ultra version would be something I'd be interested in if I already hadn't spent a ton updating the one I've got.
Harley's Amazing Parts Bin: it never ends; they just slice 'n dice the same set of 57 components into an untold number of bikes.

There's a CVO Road Glide this year. 110" motor, dripping with chrome (or is that: "slathered?), and only $30,000.oo. How can they afford to sell them so low?
Old 07-04-2009, 10:22 AM   #36
Buzglyd
Founding Member

Quote:
Harley's Amazing Parts Bin: it never ends; they just slice 'n dice the same set of 57 components into an untold number of bikes.

There's a CVO Road Glide this year. 110" motor, dripping with chrome (or is that: "slathered?), and only $30,000.oo. How can they afford to sell them so low?
Enough versions for all of your ex-wives!
Buzglyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2009, 10:23 AM   #37
seruzawa
The Toad

Quote:

Screw this. I'm gonna take my Zrex to Wyoming via the longest twistiest route I can manage. Ciao! See ya Monday. If I decide to come back!
Old 07-04-2009, 05:27 PM   #38
SmokeU
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by seruzawa View Post
Screw this. I'm gonna take my Zrex to Wyoming via the longest twistiest route I can manage. Ciao! See ya Monday. If I decide to come back!

I didn't think there were any curves in Wyoming.
SmokeU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 02:52 PM   #39
seruzawa
The Toad

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokeU View Post
I didn't think there were any curves in Wyoming.
There are plenty on the Super Secret Elite Club roads I take to get there from Salt Lake. Four hours to Fort Bridger with only the first hour on the Interstate. Highest elevation around 11,000 ft. I can avoid the Interstate altogether but prefer to avoid a 10 mile stretch of gravel road on Zrex with the less than aggressive tires. However a V-Strom or Tiger, etc would do it all... no trouble.

Hint: Google 'Uintas'.

There are other Super Secret Elite Club roads in Wyoming. I'll never reveal their location.

Last edited by seruzawa : 07-06-2009 at 02:55 PM.
seruzawa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 08:15 AM   #40
Kenneth_Moore
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzglyd View Post
Enough versions for all of your ex-wives!
You know, that really hurts. I opened up to you guys, bared my soul. Now it's an endless stream of divorce jokes. Zawa called me a "worthless piece of shiite" because I voted for Obama. You met me, you know how fragile and delicate my ego is. Yet, the abuse continues. I have news for all of you: I'm riding down to Miami this weekend to hook up with a Santiera priest. For $30 and a 3lb package of chicken feet, I can get a henious curse placed on up to 6 people.

1. Buzglyd
2. Seruzawa
3. LongRide
4. Seruzawa

Last edited by Kenneth_Moore : 07-07-2009 at 08:49 AM.
Kenneth_Moore is offline   Reply With Quote