Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Other > Motorcycle.Com Lounge

Old 06-28-2009, 07:25 AM   #41
seruzawa
The Toad

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOKE1K View Post
All interesting points. We have some Vetrix electric scooters at the shop, not sure whos bright idea it was to bring them in but we havent sold one yet in the whole year weve had them.

On a 2.5 hour charge the claim is 55miles however you'll only beable to do something like 35mph to cover that distance. As soon as I explain that the customers will usually respond with, "do you have any gas powered scooters?" Which is when I say, but wait their only 9699.00? hehehehe
Good one MOKE. This demonstrates how the public is manipulated by the "news" media. By listening to our "news" sources one would believe that people in the millions are waiting breathlessly for electric vehicles. Yet the things sit and gather dust in reality.

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 06-28-2009, 07:53 AM   #42
pplassm
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarnali2 View Post
I was watching an episode on Top gear where they took a Prius to task. Turns out the manufacture of a Prius with componants from all over the world cause way much more collateral damage than it saved and overall was less efficient to drive then the ubiquitious Bimmer 3 series, total enviro whitewash of the facts to try to jam them down our throats.
Hilarious!

Top Gear - Toyota Prius

Couldn't find the full episode, though.
Old 06-28-2009, 08:06 AM   #43
pplassm
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by seruzawa View Post
What if there is a massive power failure, which we have seen over large sections of the country, that last days or weeks?
Well, then I'll just pull out my Devilbiss 7.5 Kw generator and wake the neighborhood while it runs all night charging my electro-car.

Wait. What?