Motorcycle Forum

Motorcycle Forum (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/)
-   Motorcycle.Com Lounge (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycle-com-lounge/)
-   -   Any "Red Eye" fans? Bonus GWAR content (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycle-com-lounge/12184-any-red-eye-fans-bonus-gwar-content.html)

schizuki 06-09-2009 08:42 AM

Any "Red Eye" fans? Bonus GWAR content

So, any of you other losers watch "Red Eye" on Fox? It's on at 3:00 am. I just caught up with some episodes on DVR, and Greg's interview with Oderus Urungus is one of the greatest you'll ever see.

Never heard the band, but I think I'll have to check them out.

12er 06-09-2009 09:02 AM

Ashamed to admit but Ive seen Gwar twice. One time on St Patricks day, very festive. My buddy got thrown out 4 times at that show and kept sneaking back in. At least the only CD I ever owned of theirs was the one he recommended. Now who made off with that 20 years ago...

The_AirHawk 06-09-2009 10:44 AM

HahaA! That was GREAT! Oderous Urungus is the Father of Socko's children!

acecycleins 06-09-2009 11:37 AM

Gwar were quarterly regulars at the Masquerade in Atlanta through most of the 90's. Seen the show. Did audio for them in 95/96 at two different Atlanta shows. Did lighting for them in 98. When you're working there's less risk of being slooged by things coming from the stage. Sux wiping down equipment after the shows, though.

Buzglyd 06-09-2009 01:49 PM

I just remember Beavis and Butthead getting totally pumped whenever they came on.

Gwar Gwar Gwar! Yes!

12er 06-09-2009 05:51 PM

Some of the fake blood hit me and dried right at my hairline. Next morning looked like someone cracked my skull open. Ive always wondered how they keep playing as both clubs I saw them in were soaked after the show.

pplassm 06-10-2009 09:23 AM

GWAR rules. They are based here in Richmond an I see them whenever I can. All the freaks come out to play.

pplassm 06-10-2009 09:24 AM

Oh, and Greg Gutfeld from Red Eye is great, too. He used to blog on huffingtonpost, until they figured out that he, uh, really didn't fit in.

Hit & Run > Reason.tv: Red Eye's Greg Gutfeld on Media Bias, Intolerant Liberals, The Stupidity of Bill Maher, And Why Drugs Really, Really, Really Need to Be Legal - Reason Magazine

seruzawa 06-10-2009 09:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pplassm (Post 215925)
Oh, and Greg Gutfeld from Red Eye is great, too. He used to blog on huffingtonpost, until they figured out that he, uh, really didn't fit in.

Hit & Run > Reason.tv: Red Eye's Greg Gutfeld on Media Bias, Intolerant Liberals, The Stupidity of Bill Maher, And Why Drugs Really, Really, Really Need to Be Legal - Reason Magazine

Arianna purged another heretic, eh?

12er 06-10-2009 03:11 PM

Now if only the original line up of Dread Zeppelin would go round again. Dread and Gwar were the two most fun bands to see. Last I saw of Dread they played a little bar in my town with only Torte Elvis and Butt boy, of course Charlie was there too. But back in the day it was good music and a hilarious show.