Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Other > Motorcycle.Com Lounge

Old 05-29-2009, 02:05 PM   #21
Kenneth_Moore
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by longride View Post
"That DOES NOT mean that the science is bogus (I don't know and neither does LR)"

Yes it is bogus, and the lie is getting bigger every day. One thing that makes it bogus is that Algore proclaimed that the argument is over and everyone that doesn't believe him is a 'flat earther'. As soon as science declares that nobody can challenge their findings, it indicates that their findings are lies. THAT makes it 100% certified BOGUS. No true science I ever knew ducked challenges. They welcomed them. End of story.

"You know FL, there's be millions of refugees camping in Kirk's yard if that happened."

There will be more refugees in MY yard if 'cap and trade' comes to pass. It won't be real fun living in Florida without air conditioning because they won't let you use the energy.

Facts don't change because of who promotes them. A lot of people thought Einstein was a slob, (he was) but the bombs work nonetheless. It hurts the credibility of the genuine scientists when a bunch of morons use the issue to promote their company or cause, and it clouds the issue. But facts is facts is facts, the ocean will either rise or it won't, regardless of Fat Albert.

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 05-29-2009, 02:07 PM   #22
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenneth_Moore View Post
Facts don't change because of who promotes them. A lot of people thought Einstein was a slob, (he was) but the bombs work nonetheless. It hurts the credibility of the genuine scientists when a bunch of morons use the issue to promote their company or cause, and it clouds the issue. But facts is facts is facts, the ocean will either rise or it won't, regardless of Fat Albert.
It won't. I will bet anything on it. It isn't about seas rsing there Ken. It's about money, power, and control. Check this out:

Lord Christopher Monckton, former science advisor to British Prime Minister Margaret Thatcher, was scheduled to testify alongside Gore at the April 24 Congressional hearing. But the Democrats - led by the committee chairman, California Rep. Henry Waxman, who is co-sponsoring the cap-and-trade bill being considered - refused to let him appear.

Lord Monckton told Marc Morano from ClimateDepot.com that he found out when his plane landed in Washington the day before he was scheduled to testify.

"The Democrats have a lot to learn about the right of free speech under the U.S. Constitution," Lord Monckton said. "Congressman Henry Waxman's refusal to expose Al Gore's sci-fi comedy-horror testimony to proper, independent scrutiny by the House minority reeks of naked fear.

"Waxman knows there has been no ‘global warming' for at least a decade. Waxman knows there has been seven and a half years' global cooling. Waxman knows that, in the words of the UK High Court judge who condemned Gore's mawkish movie as materially, seriously, serially inaccurate, ‘the Armageddon scenario that he depicts is not based on any scientific view,'

"The House Democrats don't want Gore humiliated, so they slammed the door of the Capitol in my face. They are cowards."

Lord Monckton is not alone. More than 700 scientists from around the world have signed the Senate's minority report disputing the claims about man-made global warming. By contrast, only 59 scientists signed the "Summary for Policymakers" published by the United Nations' Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change.

But if Gore and his allies ultimately succeed, they will add an immense and unnecessary weight to the heavy financial burden many American families already carry. The Congressional Budget Office reported that reducing carbon-dioxide emissions by 15 percent would cost each American family $1,600.

Philip Stott, professor emeritus of biogeography at the University of London, believes that inducing such financial stress plays a fundamental role in the global warming hoax:

"‘Global warming' has become the grand political narrative of the age, replacing Marxism as a dominant force for controlling liberty and human choices." But at least some of its exponents believe in raking in the profits of capitalism, however disingenuous their "truths" may be.
Old 05-29-2009, 02:27 PM   #23
Buzglyd
Founding Member

Quote:
It won't. I will bet anything on it. It isn't about seas rsing there Ken. It's about money, power, and control. Check this out:

Lord Christopher Monckton, former science advisor to British Prime Minister Margaret Thatcher, was scheduled to testify alongside Gore at the April 24 Congressional hearing. But the Democrats - led by the committee chairman, California Rep. Henry Waxman, who is co-sponsoring the cap-and-trade bill being considered - refused to let him appear.

Lord Monckton told Marc Morano from ClimateDepot.com that he found out when his plane landed in Washington the day before he was scheduled to testify.

"The Democrats have a lot to learn about the right of free speech under the U.S. Constitution," Lord Monckton said. "Congressman Henry Waxman's refusal to expose Al Gore's sci-fi comedy-horror testimony to proper, independent scrutiny by the House minority reeks of naked fear.

"Waxman knows there has been no ‘global warming' for at least a decade. Waxman knows there has been seven and a half years' global cooling. Waxman knows that, in the words of the UK High Court judge who condemned Gore's mawkish movie as materially, seriously, serially inaccurate, ‘the Armageddon scenario that he depicts is not based on any scientific view,'

"The House Democrats don't want Gore humiliated, so they slammed the door of the Capitol in my face. They are cowards."

Lord Monckton is not alone. More than 700 scientists from around the world have signed the Senate's minority report disputing the claims about man-made global warming. By contrast, only 59 scientists signed the "Summary for Policymakers" published by the United Nations' Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change.

But if Gore and his allies ultimately succeed, they will add an immense and unnecessary weight to the heavy financial burden many American families already carry. The Congressional Budget Office reported that reducing carbon-dioxide emissions by 15 percent would cost each American family $1,600.

Philip Stott, professor emeritus of biogeography at the University of London, believes that inducing such financial stress plays a fundamental role in the global warming hoax:

"‘Global warming' has become the grand political narrative of the age, replacing Marxism as a dominant force for controlling liberty and human choices." But at least some of its exponents believe in raking in the profits of capitalism, however disingenuous their "truths" may be.
Maybe Waxman just didn't want the Lord's powdered wig dirtying up the place.
Buzglyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2009, 02:46 PM   #24
Kenneth_Moore
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzglyd View Post
Clearly we need to hear both sides of the story. And we need to hear it from meteorologists and climatologists, not politicians, corporate lackeys, or radio talk show hosts.
Old 05-29-2009, 03:55 PM   #25
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

Quote:
Clearly we need to hear both sides of the story. And we need to hear it from meteorologists and climatologists, not politicians, corporate lackeys, or radio talk show hosts.
Well, we WOULD hear it from alll them......if hey were actually allowed to speak without being shouted down and labeled by the Libs. Imagine if they actually had a conference that challenged 'climate change' in Washington. You won't be seeing one any time soon, becuase like the Nazi's, the 'truth' is already told, and any naysayers are enemies of the state. Algore and Co. have already spoken, and they will be damned if they will let anyone else speak. Isn't that what they hated about Bush?
Old 05-29-2009, 04:27 PM   #26
seruzawa
The Toad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzglyd View Post
I used to be in Waxman's district when I lived in Hollywood back around 1980. What a lying douchebag. You'll never find a more corrupt congressman. He's like the west coast Chuck Schumer. I can't believe that Phantom-of-the-opera-looking weasel is still around. He's the orginal poster child for term limits. Back then his shtick was mailing lies about gun crime to his constituents.
Old 05-29-2009, 05:32 PM   #27
Buzglyd
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by seruzawa View Post
I used to be in Waxman's district when I lived in Hollywood back around 1980. What a lying douchebag. You'll never find a more corrupt congressman. He's like the west coast Chuck Schumer. I can't believe that Phantom-of-the-opera-looking weasel is still around. He's the orginal poster child for term limits. Back then his shtick was mailing lies about gun crime to his constituents.
He is a scuzball for sure. Of course, I'm in Duke Cunningham's district. He's spending time in the graybar hotel right now.
Buzglyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2009, 06:55 PM   #28
Kenneth_Moore
Registered Member

Quote:
Isn't that what they hated about Bush?
I can't speak for "they," but that's not what I hated about Bush.
Old 05-30-2009, 06:49 AM   #29
seruzawa
The Toad

Quote:
I can't speak for "they," but that's not what I hated about Bush.
Seems to me that what you hated was everything.
Old 05-30-2009, 07:45 AM   #30
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by seruzawa View Post
Seems to me that what you hated was everything.
But every complaint Ken has about Bush is the 'truth' and any complaint about the Messiah is a vast right-wing 'conspiracy'. See the difference?

Vast right-wing conspiracy - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia