Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Other > Motorcycle.Com Lounge

Old 05-28-2009, 09:51 AM   #11
Kenneth_Moore
Registered Member

Well, let's talk about facts, and not an OPINION article published on a BLOG.

88% of the contributions from ALL car dealers went to Republicans.
92% of Chrysler car dealers gave to Republicans.

So, in simple terms, there is almost 9 to 1 chance that a dealership closed is going to be Republican. IF YOU BLINDFOLDED YOURSELF AND THREW DARTS AT THE LIST TO PICK, THE LIST WOULD LOOK THE SAME.

Of course, the simple fact that Chrysler, with the 4th largest vehicle sales has almost twice as many dealerships than Toyota, the #1 in sales, has nothing to do with this.

LR, what do WMDs have to do with Chrysler dealerships?

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 05-28-2009, 09:55 AM   #12
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

"LR, what do WMDs have to do with Chrysler dealerships?"

You brought up conspiracy theories, so I figured a few Lib ones might be appropriate here. Maybe if you investigated the Iraq war facts as heavily as you did this, you might actually have a different opinion. Not likely the facts would change your evil Bush conspiracy theory, but you might. Miracles do happen!
Old 05-28-2009, 10:16 AM   #13
pplassm
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenneth_Moore View Post
Well, let's talk about facts, and not an OPINION article published on a BLOG.

88% of the contributions from ALL car dealers went to Republicans.
92% of Chrysler car dealers gave to Republicans.

So, in simple terms, there is almost 9 to 1 chance that a dealership closed is going to be Republican. IF YOU BLINDFOLDED YOURSELF AND THREW DARTS AT THE LIST TO PICK, THE LIST WOULD LOOK THE SAME.
Thanks, that's kind of what I figured.

Look, I'm no fan of the direction the President is heading, but a lot of the stuff they're flinging at him is just stupid.

That also applied to a lot of stuff thrown at the last incumbent.
Old 05-28-2009, 10:28 AM   #14
seruzawa
The Toad

Quote:
Originally Posted by longride View Post
"Never let reality get in the way of a good conspiracy theory."

Kinda like since we didn't find any WMD's that means they never existed?
Doesn't take long to draw out the Kenyan's suck ups does it?
Old 05-28-2009, 10:35 AM   #15
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

"......but a lot of the stuff they're flinging at him is just stupid."

I couldn't care less if it is stupid, right, wrong, incorrect, or just plain BS, I'm going to fling it anyway. Obamalama deserves, and earned, the same treatment Bush got. All he does is complain about the last administration when he has failed, so I guess we can complain about this one. I'm loving this four years, and maybe the four after that. He was the guy with all the answers a few months ago. I guess the answers got harder once he actually had to come up with one.
Old 05-28-2009, 10:37 AM   #16
seruzawa
The Toad

Quote:
"......but a lot of the stuff they're flinging at him is just stupid."

I couldn't care less if it is stupid, right, wrong, incorrect, or just plain BS, I'm going to fling it anyway. Obamalama deserves, and earned, the same treatment Bush got. All he does is complain about the last administration when he has failed, so I guess we can complain about this one. I'm loving this four years, and maybe the four after that. He was the guy with all the answers a few months ago. I guess the answers got harder once he actually had to come up with one.
Uh er uh uh er uh uh er uh er uh you know er uh you know......
Old 05-28-2009, 11:22 AM   #17
Kenneth_Moore
Registered Member

Quote:
I couldn't care less if it is stupid, right, wrong, incorrect, or just plain BS, I'm going to fling it anyway.
At last...a ray of hope.
Old 05-28-2009, 11:32 AM   #18
acecycleins
Founding Member

Ken- Ownership rates being 9 to 1 couldn't be because those guys are the "earners or conservatives" in our country could it? How many liberal Auto dealers are there in total country-wide? I'd bet less than 12%. I'd, also, wager those 12% are made up of mostly of minority races. Not that race should have anything to do with it, but here in Atl there are hundreds of dealers and only 5 dealers are minority owned. So, there's going to be an obvious skew toward conservative dealers.
I'm not saying that these dealers should stay. But I have a customer that owns a Chysler dealership in Cartersville GA and according to him (he was on the Chysler ax list) his sales were in the upper 50% of dealerships. Luckily- or not- he has a Chevy franchise running out of the same lot, but if Chevy does the same thing Chrysler did then Chuck's SOL. He lost over $1 mil out of his personal pocket trying to stave off lay-offs. He's paying employees out of his pocket trying to tough out the turn around. I'd say that the majority of these dealers are doing the same thing. They signed franchise agreements for a reason. If you bought a McDonalds franchise and suddenly McD's filed chapter 11 and told you that your numbers were good enough for them and they were going to take your franchise rights wouldn't you be bent out of shape? Thought so. The way this is being handled by the Imperial Federal Government is a joke. Most of these franchise dealers have been around for generations and now they are being kicked while they're down.

Last edited by acecycleins : 05-28-2009 at 11:47 AM.
acecycleins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 11:33 AM   #19
mscuddy
MODERATOR X

Default Value Added Tax Value Added Tax Value Added Tax!!!

.....sqwak...the end is near....
Old 05-28-2009, 11:35 AM   #20
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

"Most of these franchise dealers have been around for generations and now they are being kicked while they're down."

They are all just a bunch of rich, money-grubbing, lying Repubs anyway. They deserve what they get!