Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Other > Motorcycle.Com Lounge

Old 05-20-2009, 04:13 PM   #21
tripleripple
Founding Member

Location: Lightly Fortified Compound (apartment): Chicago, IL

Quote:
Originally Posted by schizuki View Post
Fer sher, man. I'd still buy Ken a beer and politely fawn over his motorsickle. Like they say in The Godfather, "It ain't personal."
HAHA, that's so not true.

He rides a Vstrom.
tripleripple is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 05-20-2009, 04:38 PM   #22
Kenneth_Moore
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tripleripple View Post
HAHA, that's so not true.

He rides a Vstrom.
You're just jealous.
Old 05-20-2009, 04:46 PM   #23
Kenneth_Moore
Registered Member

Ignored Afghanistan? As it, overthrew the Taliban and installed a parliamentary democracy? What constitutes "ignore" in your book? What were Bush's troop levels there, what are Obama's, and what is the optimum number?

Apparently quite a large number more than Bush put in. Considering that Al Quida has pretty much taken over the countryside and most of Pakistan while we were "busy" in Iraq, I'd say we didn't do a very good job at all.

(I know, it's silly of me to ask these direct questions and expect direct answers. But you never know.)

You are a silly, silly man. But that's ok. We need more silly.

Well, the ones under arms on the battlefield should have been summarily executed by the accepted rules of war. So I agree with you there.

We should execute prisoners? I'm guessing you don't have a relative serving in harm's way.

Now, Obama has reserved the right to use enhanced interrogation if we really, really, really need to. As opposed to Bush, who did it for kicks. So, you down with Obama?

Can you substantiate that? Every statement on the subject I've read in a variety of sources has been diametrically opposite. Besides, if Obama isn't opposed to and stopping torture, how come the neo-cons are so busy defending it?

Um, Ken, I'm not sure how many times you need to read this before it penetrates your Leftpervium shielding, but OBAMA VOTED FOR FISA.

Since FISA is the law that requires a warrant to wiretap, voting for it would actually be a good thing from my point of view. But thanks for making my point, you silly man.

Retarded as in, "Uh...uh....uh...uh..."? Or retarded as in defibulator, 57 states, Afghans speaking Arabic and Austrians speaking Austrian?

If Obama actually changed his name to George Bush and started talking with a Texas drawl, you'd remark what a refreshing change it was from that Texas moron George Bush.

Entire books have been written on "Bushisms." The man actually wore special socks to absorb the saliva from his repeated insertions of his foot in his mouth. Which was doubly difficult since his head was so far up his ass. If you're going to go after Obama, his speaking skills aren't really a fertile ground.
Old 05-20-2009, 06:22 PM   #24
schizuki
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenneth_Moore View Post
Apparently quite a large number more than Bush put in.
So how many troops has Obama put in? C'mon, Ken, it's been 100 days.

Quote:
We should execute prisoners? I'm guessing you don't have a relative serving in harm's way.
No, Ken, I don't have any relatives who are illegal combatants under the laws of war, and who have no protections from summary execution if caught on the battlefield under arms, even under the Geneva Conventions. Do you?

I mean, cripes, Ken, you don't want to execute them, you don't want to keep them at Gitmo, you ask why we can't do the same thing with them we did with the Japanese and Germans without asking why Obama isn't doing that and without recognizing, once and for bloody all, that unlike the Japs and the Germans they are ILLEGAL COMBATANTS. Do you have ANY solutions other than getting prissy about mine?

Quote:
Can you substantiate that? Every statement on the subject I've read in a variety of sources has been diametrically opposite.
You've got me. It's one of those "I swear I've read that" things, but I did a quick Google and I'm coming up empty. I'll try again tomorrow. For now, I'll withdraw it. Best I could find was his keeping a "loophole" open, but since I couldn't readily grasp it, I'm not going to use it.

Quote:
Since FISA is the law that requires a warrant to wiretap, voting for it would actually be a good thing from my point of view. But thanks for making my point, you silly man.
You need to tell that to your buddies on the Left: Obama Supports FISA Legislation, Angering Left.

From the article, it doesn't sound like FISA is exactly what either of us thinks. But if it p**ses off the Left, I'm probably for it.

Quote:
Entire books have been written on "Bushisms."
Um, 8 years compared to 100 days, Ken. Give Stumbles McTeleprompter time.

Now see, Ken, you actually engaged in debate, and you landed some good ones on me. Isn't that better? And now you've got me knowing that I need to bring my A-game against you and not get lazy. I'm proud of ya, son.

Bill Clinton and Chuck Schumer are praising the Supreme Court for overturning an anti-gay-marriage law that they both signed.

Last edited by seruzawa : 05-20-2009 at 07:01 PM. Reason: changed to Japanese
schizuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 07:00 PM   #25
seruzawa
The Toad

Quote:
Originally Posted by schizuki View Post
No, Ken, I don't have any relatives who are illegal combatants under the laws of war, and who have no protections from summary execution if caught on the battlefield under arms, even under the Geneva Conventions. Do you?

I mean, cripes, Ken, you don't want to execute them, you don't want to keep them at Gitmo, you ask why we can't do the same thing with them we did with the Japs and Germans without asking why Obama isn't doing that and without recognizing, once and for bloody all, that unlike the Japanese and the Germans they are ILLEGAL COMBATANTS. Do you have ANY solutions other than getting prissy about mine?
That's the one that really fries me. The Germans in WWI + WWII were the only nation that paid any attention to the Geneva convention as far as American prisoners were concerned. And being caught out of uniform is justification for summary execution that all nations followed pretty standardly. Heck, FDR took German spies caught in the USA and had them hung and buried in numbered graves.

Captured American troops were and are regularly tortured... that's real fingernail pulling torture... and murdered by Jihadis. VC and NVA were same same. Japanese in WWII? Ditto. The NKs experimented on POWs. We did what, waterboarding? I had it worse in boot camp.

Does anyone honestly believe that these barbaric misogynist Jihadist murderers are mistreating US prisoners because of freaking waterboarding? Is anyone that freaking stupid? Hello! Somalia?

By the exact international agreements that the libs love to spout off about we are legally allowed to summarily execute all captured non-uniformed combatants. This is boilerplate international law. That they murder civilians indiscriminately makes them liable for execution by Drumhead Court-Martial as well.

So let's have an end to this self-righteous posturing. If Obama decided to torture prisoners the liberals who have been after Bush would be falling all over themselves to find justification for it. We can argue the legalities and wisdom of waterboarding. But lets not for a second pretend that there is any moral equivalency between what they do and what we do.

Last edited by seruzawa : 05-20-2009 at 07:02 PM.
seruzawa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 07:35 PM   #26
sarnali2
Aging Cafe` Racer

Once again the Romans showed the depth of their enlightened approaches, stand their prisoners in a line and kill every tenth one until someone starts talking, the origin of the term "decimate", then shuffle them up, stand them in a line and repeat the process. Another one was to blind all but one and have him lead them back to their own countries that were incidentley now Roman territory.

I personally have no qualms about rough handling these jihadists, they are untermenchen in every sense of the word and deserve to be treated no better than rabid animals.

"He said he's farting because of his medication"...
sarnali2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 12:54 AM   #27
Buzglyd
Founding Member

Well I'm not one to continue the Ken bashing but the International NY Times had an article today about the released Gitmo prisoners returning to terrorism and shooting at our troops.
Buzglyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 04:33 AM   #28
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzglyd View Post
Well I'm not one to continue the Ken bashing but the International NY Times had an article today about the released Gitmo prisoners returning to terrorism and shooting at our troops.
Jusr wait unit one of those Gitmo clowns pulls off a good one right here in the US. Obamalama is going to have some splainin to do. Pelosi is doing some splainin Liberal style..........by lying her little ass off. I hope the Repubs drag her in front of a Grand Jury and get the bytch sent back to Kali.
Old 05-21-2009, 05:00 AM   #29
V2Rider
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzglyd View Post
Saw on the news last night that 1 in 7 released have returned to the battlefield against our troops.

Last edited by V2Rider : 05-21-2009 at 12:19 PM.
V2Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 07:31 AM   #30
schizuki
Founding Member

But of course, they were driven to terrorism by the psychological trauma of caterpillars and sitcom-prop walls. Before being unjustly captured, they were harmless, peace-loving moppets.

Bill Clinton and Chuck Schumer are praising the Supreme Court for overturning an anti-gay-marriage law that they both signed.
schizuki is offline   Reply With Quote