Motorcycle Forum

Motorcycle Forum (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/)
-   Motorcycle.Com Lounge (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycle-com-lounge/)
-   -   Here's that change... (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycle-com-lounge/11969-heres-change.html)

longride 05-20-2009 11:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by seruzawa (Post 214067)
Funny how you liberals can sound just like uncaring conservatives who freak out at the idea of helping people when your guy in the WH is doing this. If Bush did this you would be screaming for his head.

Ken is only into helping people who never did anything in their lives to being with.......as long as he isn't the one that personally has to help them, or God forbid, live with them! Help from afar from unamed sources is what he's into. That way he can be morally superior to a heathen like you!

mscuddy 05-20-2009 11:23 AM

Niow now now, we're all motorcyclists linked by the love of motorcycles, and this political stuff is just that, political stuff. Personally I hate both partys, just different snake heads on the same body. Let's talk about Go Devils, old Yamaha R5's or Chang Jiangs instead. Keeps the blood pressure down...

Kenneth_Moore 05-20-2009 11:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by longride (Post 214073)
Ken is only into helping people who never did anything in their lives to being with.......as long as he isn't the one that personally has to help them, or God forbid, live with them! Help from afar from unamed sources is what he's into. That way he can be morally superior to a heathen like you!

That's a LIE! What about the time I bailed you out of the Volusia County Jail in Daytona? HUH??? Forget that already?

The_AirHawk 05-20-2009 12:42 PM

The funny thing about this whole deal is, these "non-profitable dealerships" cost Chrysler (and GM, AND Ford!) essentially........... nothing..........

The Dealer assumes all risk, must finance all his inventory through a bank/third-party lender, and only has control over the cars he orders himself/for a Customer. The only "subsidies" they get are recompensation for Warranty work (when it's determined by a Mfgr Representative to be allowable), and Factory Rebates on cars - after they're sold, of course.

Some Dealers qualify for an "advertising stipend" if they're in a particularly competetive market.

There are (of course) other liabilities seen by both parties that vary from State to State - but that's essentially it, in a nuthouse..........

sarnali2 05-20-2009 12:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mscuddy (Post 214075)
Niow now now, we're all motorcyclists linked by the love of motorcycles, and this political stuff is just that, political stuff. Personally I hate both partys, just different snake heads on the same body. Let's talk about Go Devils, old Yamaha R5's or Chang Jiangs instead. Keeps the blood pressure down...

you'll notice shippy, that I attain the moral high ground by staying out of this political codswallop. the only thing i contribute is the occasional one or two liner derived from my love of classic Marxist/Leninist dogma, simple slogans for simple minds as it were.

as far as these people losing their livelyhoods, it is indeed tragic and I think Uncle Sugar should bail out/take ownership of the auto and steel industries, the alternitive is we lose our heavy industrial base and skill sets and become unable to produce the armaments needed to defend our selves.

This sink or swim mentality is both the inherent flaw and greatest strength in the capitolist system, the trouble is that when we talk blithly about 9 or 10% unemployment we're talking about millions of people losing their jobs, homes, medical care, access to education and hope for the future.

It is the moral and ethical job of the Gov'mnt to step in and provide a safety net for these people instead of turning a blind eye and spitting on them as the survivors drive past. Otherwise we end up like India with a two class society of haves and have nots, a permanant underclass resigned to their fate and unable to gain the opportunity to climb out of the gutter. That's not what America is supposed to be, we as a people are better than that.

As I said before if the gov'mnt can bail out the bloated maggots on Wall Street that caused this mess in the first place they can god dam* sure bail out the workers in the Auto and steel industries. Otherwise it's time to lock and load, start the revolution mother f*ckers.... a gov'mnt that no longer serves it's people is no longer a valid gov'mnt

mscuddy 05-20-2009 01:11 PM

Well shipmate, I long for a midwatch on the flight deck of the Indy, midrats and a nice rack to collapse into (I always got the top rack).

I try to keep out of the political sqabbles lately, but I'm see an insidious plot to let institutions fail, so our Marxists handlers can replace it with state controlled sh!t, like a Trabant, or Lada, and force us to accept them. It's one of the tennents of being a combo anarchist/commie, to force capitalist industries into receivership, so Big Bro (literally) can come to the rescue with Marxist solutions.

I'm afraid for the first time. Don't know when to do, except stock up on 7.92x59.

sarnali2 05-20-2009 01:35 PM

They were simpler times alright, I came reeeal close to stayin' in. probably should have but oh well....

schizuki 05-20-2009 02:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kenneth_Moore (Post 214068)
I had three major beefs with Bush:

1. Invading Iraq (and virtually ignoring Afghanistan as a result).

Ignored Afghanistan? As it, overthrew the Taliban and installed a parliamentary democracy? What constitutes "ignore" in your book? What were Bush's troop levels there, what are Obama's, and what is the optimum number?

(I know, it's silly of me to ask these direct questions and expect direct answers. But you never know.)

Quote:

2. Treatment of prisoners.
Well, the ones under arms on the battlefield should have been summarily executed by the accepted rules of war. So I agree with you there.

Now, Obama has reserved the right to use enhanced interrogation if we really, really, really need to. As opposed to Bush, who did it for kicks. So, you down with Obama?

Quote:

3. Spying on US citizens.
Um, Ken, I'm not sure how many times you need to read this before it penetrates your Leftpervium shielding, but OBAMA VOTED FOR FISA.

Quote:

Ok, he did sound retarded when he spoke, but that was just funny
Retarded as in, "Uh...uh....uh...uh..."? Or retarded as in defibulator, 57 states, Afghans speaking Arabic and Austrians speaking Austrian?

If Obama actually changed his name to George Bush and started talking with a Texas drawl, you'd remark what a refreshing change it was from that Texas moron George Bush.

schizuki 05-20-2009 02:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mscuddy (Post 214075)
Niow now now, we're all motorcyclists linked by the love of motorcycles, and this political stuff is just that, political stuff.

Fer sher, man. I'd still buy Ken a beer and politely fawn over his motorsickle. Like they say in The Godfather, "It ain't personal."

Quote:

Let's talk about Go Devils, old Yamaha R5's or Chang Jiangs instead. Keeps the blood pressure down...
I'm too young to know what those first two are. But them Chang Jiangs are all we'll be riding once Ken and the rest of his pinko commie horde get done polluting our American purity of essence with their godless comma-nizm.

The_AirHawk 05-20-2009 02:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by schizuki (Post 214121)
Retarded as in, "Uh...uh....uh...uh..."? Or retarded as in defibulator, 57 states, Afghans speaking Arabic and Austrians speaking Austrian?

As in cinco de cuatro? Bush might have been a "Moron", but at least he wasn't a facetious ass that couldn't even pull off cuatro de Mayo.