BBC NEWS | Middle East | Bush declares victory in Iraq

Oh, yeah, that victory. Yay.

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 05-15-2009, 01:23 PM   #32
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

Ken, I still want to know what 'rules' Bush threw out. I would settle for just a listing of the 'rules'. Really. I need to know the 'rules'.
Old 05-15-2009, 01:29 PM   #33
Kenneth_Moore
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by longride View Post
Ken, I still want to know what 'rules' Bush threw out. I would settle for just a listing of the 'rules'. Really. I need to know the 'rules'.
Here's the most important rule of all:

"Never let anybody touch the parts of your body that are covered by your swimsuit. Teddy Ruxpin, 1989.

Have a nice weekend George, I'm going for a ride!
Old 05-15-2009, 02:06 PM   #34
schizuki
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenneth_Moore View Post
So your position is that because Al Queida isn't a signatory to the Geneva Convention that makes it ok to torture people, run secret prisons, deny trial or even military tribunal? Conditional ethics, I'm sure John Adams would be proud of you.
Oh, please. I like you, Ken, but you're a typical leftist - you carp from the sidelines and offer no alternatives. Just like Obama.

Here's an idea - why don't you ask that right-wing fascist Obama why he reserves the right to "torture", why he's still running secret prisons, why he's still denying trial to Gitmo detainees, and why Gitmo is still open. It's probably because he reached the same conclusion that Bush reached, and that you would reach if you were ever given actual responsibility to resolve these issues rather than just morally grandstand (like Obama during the campaign) - that international affairs are a jungle where you're often given a choice between a bad decision and a worse one.

In short, take the moral outrage you're throwing at me and re-direct it toward the person who's actually making these decisions - Obama.

Bill Clinton and Chuck Schumer are praising the Supreme Court for overturning an anti-gay-marriage law that they both signed.

Last edited by schizuki : 05-15-2009 at 02:21 PM. Reason: Added the boldface.
schizuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009, 04:16 PM   #35
V2Rider
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenneth_Moore View Post
So the ends justify the means? Winning is the only thing that matters? Honor and justice don't count if they get in the way?

I don't see it that way. At all.
The question I have for you is this; If we had captured one of the 9/11 hijackers prior to the attack and he had info on what was going to happen and you knew he had the details would you have used waterboarding to save the 3000+ that died that day? Just curious.

As far as our using "torture" on a few terrorist do you really think that makes a difference on how our guys that get captured are treated? Every soldier I know that has been or is being deployed knows getting captured is a death sentence. A very painful one at that.

Name me a conflict in which our POWs have treated in accordance with the Geneva Convention since WWII.
Old 05-15-2009, 06:40 PM   #36
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

"Have a nice weekend George, I'm going for a ride!"

Ken, after all that bullhockey you just spewed, going for a ride is the best alternative for you. Any time you want to give me the 'rules' listing, I'm all ears.
Old 05-15-2009, 06:46 PM   #37
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

Yes Schizuki, and now Obamalama is renewing the tribunals for the Gitmo crew. The Libs are ripping him left and right, but Obamalama knows that if even ONE of these asswipes comes back and is involved in a terrorist act against us, his political career just went down the toilet right there. Obamalama might be dumb, but he ain't stupid. He knows deep in his heart Bush was right, but damn if he will admit it. Hell, Ken still thinks we lost the Iraq war, and he's stuck reading 2006 headlines. He's right up there with the people that say there was no Holocaust. Some people never let the facts change uninformed opinions.
Old 05-15-2009, 08:30 PM   #38
Buzglyd
Founding Member

Here's one more thing to give you the chills before I run off.

Saul Alinsky prodigy at work.

The Alinsky Administration by Jim Geraghty on National Review Online
Buzglyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009, 08:52 PM   #39
schizuki
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by longride View Post
Obamalama might be dumb, but he ain't stupid. He knows deep in his heart Bush was right, but damn if he will admit it.
Yeah, but wouldn't it be nice if this ungracious man, after slamming Bush and then subsequently validating all of his policies by continuing them, could just once muster up enough grace to at least say, "Y'know, I've come to appreciate how difficult these decisions are."

What's baffling me is why these policies caused Lefty heads to explode when Bush did them, but when Obama does it, it's, "Well, it shows that he knows how to adjust to circumstances." Seriously, that's what I'm hearing.

Cult of personality, I guess. They're illogical people, so they have to judge everything by how it fits their good/evil metric. Republicans = Evil, Democrats = Good, so that's that. That's how Garofalo managed to get "spending protests = racism" out of the Tea Parties:

Democrat spending = Good.
Opposition to Democrat = Evil.
Racism = Evil.
Ergo, Opposition to Democrat spending = Racism.

Bill Clinton and Chuck Schumer are praising the Supreme Court for overturning an anti-gay-marriage law that they both signed.
Old 05-15-2009, 10:22 PM   #40
schizuki
Founding Member

Spin it all you want - just because you've kicked out a dictator and installed a parliamentary democracy doesn't equal victory if you've still got troops there.

Face it, the war against Germany was no "victory."