Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Other > Motorcycle.Com Lounge

Old 05-12-2009, 07:13 AM   #31
seruzawa
The Toad

Quote:
Originally Posted by seruzawa View Post
Well, I see a continuous stream of econimic problems each of which has the govt deeply involved. To call the USA a free market is ludicrous. The current mortgage disaster is the direct result of govt forcing banks to make bad loans.

I don't have to defend myself. It's time for people who believe in the fiction of the govt protecting people from "evil" business to defend their ridiculous and basically religious belief in govt salvation. It's moonshine and hogwash.
Here's some evidence of the effectiveness of all those govt rules you think protect you.

More Fed President Nonsense - The Market Ticker

and another one:

Minyanville: Subprime Lending Is Back with a Vengeance -- Seeking Alpha

Last edited by seruzawa : 05-12-2009 at 10:14 AM.
seruzawa is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 05-12-2009, 11:19 AM   #32
schizuki
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_AirHawk View Post
You know, I knew there was a reason I liked havin' you around - and missed you when you were absent the forum. You always put things in a way that makes me use my head for more than simply a helmet-rack.
I know you ain't talkin' about me. I'm an idiot. My wife will tell you.

Bill Clinton and Chuck Schumer are praising the Supreme Court for overturning an anti-gay-marriage law that they both signed.
schizuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 11:29 AM   #33
schizuki
Founding Member

Hey, Seru, here's another one for you:

Obsessive Housing Disorder.

The article opens with a real rib-tickler, though:

"By pushing for lax lending standards, encouraging government enterprises to make mortgages more available, and leaning on private lenders to come up with innovative ways to lend to ever more Americans—using “the mighty muscle of the federal government,” as the president himself put it—Bush had lured millions of people into bad mortgages that they ultimately couldn’t afford, the [New York] Times said."

Wanna know why the NY Times is dying? Even they don't read their rag. Check out this article from 1999 (that would be the Clinton administration). Note that the only cautionary note is sounded by a conservative think tank, who turned out to be 100% right:

Fannie Mae Eases Credit To Aid Mortgage Lending.

I want you pro-government-compassion types to repeat after me: "Government social-engineering interference in markets creates shortages, distorts prices, and eventually leads to chaos worse than the 'problems' it addresses."

Bill Clinton and Chuck Schumer are praising the Supreme Court for overturning an anti-gay-marriage law that they both signed.
schizuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 12:38 PM   #34
seruzawa
The Toad

Quote:
Originally Posted by schizuki View Post
Hey, Seru, here's another one for you:

Obsessive Housing Disorder.

The article opens with a real rib-tickler, though:

"By pushing for lax lending standards, encouraging government enterprises to make mortgages more available, and leaning on private lenders to come up with innovative ways to lend to ever more Americans—using “the mighty muscle of the federal government,” as the president himself put it—Bush had lured millions of people into bad mortgages that they ultimately couldn’t afford, the [New York] Times said."

Wanna know why the NY Times is dying? Even they don't read their rag. Check out this article from 1999 (that would be the Clinton administration). Note that the only cautionary note is sounded by a conservative think tank, who turned out to be 100% right:

Fannie Mae Eases Credit To Aid Mortgage Lending.

I want you pro-government-compassion types to repeat after me: "Government social-engineering interference in markets creates shortages, distorts prices, and eventually leads to chaos worse than the 'problems' it addresses."
Blaming Bush for Clinton's crimes is nothing new. Bush had a lot of failings but he did try to tighten up the mortgage rules but got shouted down by the Rats as "mean-spirited". Ha! You only need to see the treatment of Prejean to see who the truly mean-spirited people are.
Old 05-12-2009, 01:21 PM   #35
The_AirHawk
Founding Member

I get the sense the "preamble" was tacked-on later; probably the Editor wouldn't publish the article unless it had SOME form of Bush/'Pub-bashing. "Take this, and tell about all the Bad Things that happened in the last Administration - there's too much talk about Clinton in it - write somethin' in there about that SOB Bush.............."

It's actually pretty informative and mostly-accurate (mem'ry of other things I've read about America's finacial-shortcomings here, and what I remember first-hand over the last few decades ) albeit somewhat abbreviated and simplified. But then, you've got to have D!ck and Jane-level articles for the "Great Unwashed", or they'll never read 'em.
Let them hate so long as they fear
политики предпочитают безоружных крестьян
Politicians Prefer Unarmed Peasants
Nothing to see here, Citizen. Move along now...

Last edited by The_AirHawk : 05-12-2009 at 01:24 PM.
The_AirHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 01:38 PM   #36
sarnali2
Aging Cafe` Racer

They're usually only liberal when you agree with them

"He said he's farting because of his medication"...
sarnali2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 02:18 PM   #37
seruzawa
The Toad

Default An even more better....

...example of the caring liberals:

"Greg Hengler at Townhall captures this revealing moment in the Senate Finance Committee hearings on health-care reform. The speaker, Professor Stuart Altman of Brandeis University, tells the committee that resources get wasted in the American health-care system, especially for one segment of the population. Professor Altman says he’s reluctant to mention it, but why waste money on in-depth treatment for people who won’t live long anyway? Better to warehouse them and save the resources for the young:

Remember, our population is aging. And with the very, very elderly, the costs go down, so that percentage should be falling, and it’s not. Second, the cost of care is growing by so much, so at the same percentage, it’s worth a lot more. So let’s go back to the issue of comparative effectiveness, which we’re supporting. That’s where that can have a big impact. It’s not only there, but that’s where the waste is. That’s where people are using technologies that really either don’t work at all or keep people alive for for very limited [time] and [at] very high cost.

Hospice is one option, but we do need take account of the cost — you know, I hate to say it, the cost-benefit of some of the things we do. And either we can do it directly, or we can do it by bundling the payments and let the delivery system deal with it. So it’s a combination of the delivery system dealing with it, or, and/or providing more information for people to make the right decisions, both for themselves and for the care."

I just read distilled evil. As it often does it wears a suit and a tie and you call it "Professor" and it testifies before Congress.

Last edited by seruzawa : 05-12-2009 at 02:21 PM.
seruzawa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 03:35 PM   #38
Kenneth_Moore
Registered Member

We should take the old pharts and make them into a nutricious snack food.
Old 05-12-2009, 04:29 PM   #39
The_AirHawk
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenneth_Moore View Post
We should take the old pharts and make them into a nutricious snack food.
Dye it Green, to represent all the GOOD it's doing the Environment.........
Let them hate so long as they fear
политики предпочитают безоружных крестьян
Politicians Prefer Unarmed Peasants
Nothing to see here, Citizen. Move along now...
The_AirHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 05:17 PM   #40
seruzawa
The Toad

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_AirHawk View Post
Dye it Green, to represent all the GOOD it's doing the Environment.........
Soylent Green is PEOPLE!